Pish Adverts

Beagle Street.

Just f**k the fucking f**k off.

"Who's gonna make my creme brule just the way I like it?"

I think these adverts are an elaborate means of flogging life insurance, presenting the purgatory you're left in if you die uninsured, with only your abandoned dug who hated you for company. Selling by guilt/fear.

Possibly there should be a Good Adverts thread for the following pish?

Was at the pictures last night and enjoyed the advert for John Lewis Insurance. A wee girl practising her ballet in the house, bumping into loads of stuff but not quite breaking anything as she is oblivious to the carnage she nearly causes. Very amusing.

I hate the advert, think it might be Lloyd s, where the Dad of a family is going about trying to cut utilities bills and his family just openly disrespect him.

Why does the teenage daughter take the lid off that saucepan for any reason other than to be an actual c**t?! And then to top it off the wee girl at the end who tells him to get off the phone - that wee bitch would be getting pedigreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, I just saw a new "sunlife/mum" advert for their hoary old "over 50 plan". I can't believe it's not a parody. It's basically a middle-aged woman and an old woman standing in front of the camera in a kitchen, both grasping mugs of tea. The mum rhymes off the old lines about wanting to leave something to go towards funeral costs, whilst the daughter gazes at her simperingly, occasionally gasping "oh, mum" and going in for a hug.

I kept waiting for it to be some big gag, it was so cartoonishly cheesy. None came. It was deadly serious.