Summerslam 2015

JamieStevenson

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the booking of the Taker match was absolutely fantastic tbh. The execution of it may have not been the cleanest, but the booking was top notch.

Seemingly Taker collapsed on the ramp after the match. Wonder how they'll work that in.

You might be right actually. As I said I don't watch the WWE much anymore but I remember at (I think) Wrestlemania he had a cut in a very similar spot?

I'm just going off some stuff I saw from Brock in his UFC days when Mark Callaway (not TU) squared up to him after one of his fights and said 'You wanna do it?' and then an interview after where Brock said they had a mutual friend that has passed on some not kind words between the two and that it wasn't a promo; they genuinely do dislike each other a lot as far as I know. I was maybe looking too much into it but in my opinion you could certainly see some genuine shots in their fight there.

I don't recall anyone ever saying they both disliked one another, in fact it's quote the opposite apparently. The night that Taker and Lesnar had 'words' at UFC he was there as a guest of Lesnar. Good bit of self-promotion that was as they knew it would get people talking.

I didn't mind the ending of the Taker match. With the controversial ending and Taker getting the win, it makes it easier to sell a third match later down the line. Do they not do the old school hold the hand up and let it drop three times anymore?

I didn't notice Taker tapping out, so thought it was confusing. Clever idea but just lacking the execution. A bit like me at 5s when I see the keeper off his line and dink him only to scare the shite out of the girl in the running machine in the gym above as the ball smacks off the window.

Thought this was a tremendous show overshadowed by 2 nonsense finishes.

Cena-Rollins was a MOTY candidate until the ending. Jon Stewart costs Cena the gold? f**k off. Utterly pointless.

Lesnar-Taker suffered the same. Why not have someone cost Lesnar the match. Keeps both guys protected & gives Brock a fresh opponent going forward.

As for the rest of the show, Tag Title match was outstanding, as was Owens-Cesaro. Odd finish to the IC title match too. Positive Ambrose is ready to turn on Reigns tonight too.

I don't recall anyone ever saying they both disliked one another, in fact it's quote the opposite apparently. The night that Taker and Lesnar had 'words' at UFC he was there as a guest of Lesnar. Good bit of self-promotion that was as they knew it would get people talking.

There's a quote from Brock Lesnar. 5:47 onwards in the video.

Thought I would give this a chance while I've got a free month of the network.

Within 2 minutes of the show starting, the crowd have ruined it for me. Anyone who shouts "what" is a fcking swampy.

Im all for a good swerve but the end of the main event was a travesty.

Whether the Ref seen it or not the fact is Taker quit. He actually submitted. To me that makes him look weak as thats one thing that just doesn't ever happen. He lost his streak and he tapped out in 2 matches with Lesbar WTF ! I aint even a taker fan but that was terrible how could anyone like that.

That and the Stewart interference has to be 2 of the shittest endings I have seen for a while.

Do you think Taker would have agreed for Brock to beat him at Mania if he didn't respect Brock? Taker's offered the streak to a few guys, but only people he sees as 'genuine' tough guys or in Orton's case someone with the correct heritage in the business.

Taker holds Brock in a massive regard and despite his comments about Taker in that video, he's always been the same.

Interesting wee bit of trivia: Who do you think Lesnar listed as the strongest man in the dressing room in his book? (I'd prefer if you have read his book to not just reveal it, cause I was a bit surprised myself!) I might be wrong on this part - but I think he included himself as well and obviously it was during his first stint in WWE.

Interesting wee bit of trivia: Who do you think Lesnar listed as the strongest man in the dressing room in his book? (I'd prefer if you have read his book to not just reveal it, cause I was a bit surprised myself!) I might be wrong on this part - but I think he included himself as well and obviously it was during his first stint in WWE.

I'd have thought Hardcore Holly or Kane!

Randy Giles, on 24 Aug 2015 - 18:40, said:

Taker had no say if the reports are correct. Vince told him it was happening and there wasn't a discussion.

Do you think Taker would have just accepted it if he didn't think the person deserved it? Taker respects the business and if he thought it wasn't right, he'd have had no qualms in telling Vince.

JamieStevenson, on 24 Aug 2015 - 19:37, said:

I'd have thought Hardcore Holly or Kane!

Aye - Kane. He was a muscle bound beast back in the day, but surprised Brock thought Kane was stronger than him and the likes of Show (Who he wasn't complimentary about - at all), Mark Henry and some of the more 'big' guys like Triple H or Steiner!

Brock-Taker rubber match at Survivor Series to settle it on the 25th anniversary of Taker first appearing.

Only wonder what they'll do for Mania. The Sting thing would obviously still be a huge draw but you wonder what quality the match will be like at this stage of their careers.

I know I come back here every few months and say I haven't watched in ages but give certain PPVs a chance etc but this time I hadn't even kept up to date or read about what had been happening or what the product was like, so I really didn't know what to expect from this.

I actually enjoyed quite a lot of it.

Big E is fcking tremendous, and that match in general was very enjoyable.

They seem to have developed Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett's characters quite a lot and it was refreshing as the lack of unique characters is what makes the current product so poor. Yon wee Neville guy is the reason they should never have done away with the cruiserweight division.

Cena v Rollins was good but the ending was pish and Stewart couldn't have made what was going to happen any more obvious.

I'm not sure why there was so much hate for Roman Reigns but again the ending seemed a bit manic and it would've looked much smoother if Ambrose has just picked up the win.

Sheamus just looks like a dick.

That was the first I had seen Kevin Owens who looks good for a big guy and looks like a cocky b*****d which is perfect for WWE. Cesaro also looked a million times better than he used to. I don't know why, he just looked less robotic/restricted than he used to.

Even the divas match was enjoyable and given a fair amount of time which I couldn't quite believe!

Undertaker and Lesnar ending was abysmal. The place was flat because no one had a clue what was going on.

Lastly, Mick Foley should have been used more... perhaps special guest on commentary instead of those other 3 fucktards.

I must say I have a bit of sympathy for the creatives of the WWE in regards to the slack they're getting. I mean, if Sting had interfered - setting up the long wanted fight with him and Undertaker - wouldn't everyone have just rolled their eyes and said 'saw that coming'.

Like, what else can they do to surprise people at this stage? Thinking about it again, I don't think the ending was all that bad at all.

Archived