Tipping

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heartless swine. How can we ALL have jobs as good as yours?

Some people work in low paid jobs and provide a better service than others doing the same job. My attitude is if you put in the extra effort you deserve to be rewarded more than others that don't give a shit.

My attitude is im paid what I am for my expertise in my line of work, which I had to do a lot of training for when I was younger without earning much

I am now reaping the financial benefits of my hard work and skill in what, at times is a stressful and technicaly difficult job

If you work in Nandos or pull pints in some pishy Weatherspoons or drive pissheads home at 3am then you are their due to the level of effort you put into or didnt put into improving your life and career, thems the breaks, you earned or didnt earn them and dont expect me to subsidise you

My attitude is im paid what I am for my expertise in my line of work, which I had to do a lot of training for when I was younger without earning much

I am now reaping the financial benefits of my hard work and skill in what, at times is a stressful and technicaly difficult job

If you work in Nandos or pull pints in some pishy Weatherspoons or drive pissheads home at 3am then you are their due to the level of effort you put into or didnt put into improving your life and career, thems the breaks, you earned or didnt earn them and dont expect me to subsidise you

^Unemployed.

This.

You get paid to do your job, same as I do, I dont expect to or have people giving me extra for doing the job im paid for to start with

If you have a job that pays shit then hard fucking lines, perhaps if you had applied yourself at school or earlier in life you wouldn't be wiping tables for minimum wage, now go fetch me a clean fork you fucking £5 an hour imbecile

Fair enough. Handy things for combing arse hairs, forks.

I absolutely love it when I walk up to a bar and get served pronto while folk with this attitude complain about how long they had to wait and send dirty looks across the bar at the staff or the regular tippers. It's a fantastic feeling.

I absolutely love it when I walk up to a bar and get served pronto while folk with this attitude complain about how long they had to wait and send dirty looks across the bar at the staff or the regular tippers. It's a fantastic feeling.

Exactly this.

When I first moved here I made an attempt to be nice to all the waiters / waitresses, bar staff etc.

The people who are just there to do their job received a small gratuity and the ones who went out of their way to be helpful received more. I'm now in the position that my beer is sitting on the bar as soon as I sit down, also, during busy periods, the ungrateful twats shouting "serve me, I'm next" are promptly ignored as my drink is replaced without uttering a word.

Are you the Corgi registered guy?

If so, try tidying up your appearance with some of the benefits you are now reaping. You look like a tink. Also, you might get some sweet tips if you didn't smell like a Russian toilet bin.

If it's not you- I apologise.

Plenty folk making excuses for being tight fisted, miserable c***s. Same folk that moan about one of the boys in a round drinking a Stella instead of a Tennents and wanting the difference no doubt.

My pet hate is idiots working out to the last penny what their meal cost if out in a group! So f**k if someone had the fillet steak and you never had a starter- same arseholes that are quite happy to split the bill evenly if they've had the most expensive stuff- utter cretins!

If you are out in a group, split the bill & tip evenly.

Plenty folk making excuses for being tight fisted, miserable c***s. Same folk that moan about one of the boys in a round drinking a Stella instead of a Tennents and wanting the difference no doubt.

No excuses here, I'm in the same pay bracket as these people. The concept of tipping them for no reason whatsoever is beyond me.

I would consider it for someone going beyond what's expected though.

But I'm quite happy to be a miserable c**t tbh no shame in it.

If you don't mind me asking, what line of work are you in? And do you agree wholeheartedly with TBWIW assertions on the situation.

It's unfortunate that some jobs/professions aren't seen as tippable, but sometimes promotion for outstanding performance isn't an option- take taxi drivers, what are they going to be "senior taxi drivers"? There was one guy into hometown that would get out of his taxi and carry the passengers luggage/ shopping to their door, whilst others would press the boot release button, one deserves a tip- the other doesn't.

Where do people go where it takes more than a couple of minutes to be served?

You're literally giving someone extra money for performing the most basic if tasks

Where do people go where it takes more than a couple of minutes to be served?

You're literally giving someone extra money for performing the most basic if tasks

Pretty much anywhere on a Friday or Saturday night I would imagine.

If you don't mind me asking, what line of work are you in? And do you agree wholeheartedly with TBWIW assertions on the situation.

It's unfortunate that some jobs/professions aren't seen as tippable, but sometimes promotion for outstanding performance isn't an option- take taxi drivers, what are they going to be "senior taxi drivers"? There was one guy into hometown that would get out of his taxi and carry the passengers luggage/ shopping to their door, whilst others would press the boot release button, one deserves a tip- the other doesn't.

I'm in a call centre, one of those non tippable customer facing jobs.

If i was in a taxi coming back from an airport and the driver brought my bags in, he would definately get a tip yes.

I don't work in one where there is cold calling, or any sales involved, i find that whole kind of call centre deplorable, its just customer service i do.

And tbh im more of a manager than an agent now

Always leave a tip for bar staff. Can be a hard job at times, for usually quite shite pay.

Will tip other services if I receive top notch service; however I don't feel compelled to tip because it's expected, f**k that. I ain't tipping some arse-hat that can't get my Costa order right.

People who are happy to be served first when they know someone was at the bar before them are probably worse c***s than non-tippers tbf.

Nah , i learned a lesson one night where i said that the person next to me was before me.

They got served, i got scowled at and didn't get served for a good 10 minutes :lol:

In a quiet bar yes, but a busy bar and it's dog eat dog unless the other dog has nice tits.

Yeah to be honest I actually subscribe to this, but I'll claim it doesn't break my code because normally no-one really has much of a scooby who was there first. In that situation the bar staff should keep tabs and hence you tip them, despite the fact people standing at a counter generally don't deserve tips according to society's weird rules.

Archived