Tipping

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braes is shite however my last visit there was pleasant, was nursing a hangover the day before after handing in my dissertation and decided to get straight back on it. Barman was an arse though in the way he I.D'd me. Other than that I'd never go to Braes. Tay Bridge Bar is worth the trek up the road. Proper old fashioned boozer.

In Laings? I had the big baldy, bumbling p***k serving me most of the time. Got my order wrong 3 times, failed to hand me the drink from behind the counter once I paid, and tried to overcharge me.

Also, I was sitting in the windowed corridor overlooking the beer garden and I was given a plastic cup. Utterly awful session in an otherwise good drinking spot.

Dopey Darren? :lol: he's some fella. Braes is shut for renovation, they're basically just painting it the same colour. Strange. It was the blonde lass who was serving me, fantastic tits, shite chat.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the post, but the ‘Have one for yourself’ type of ‘tipping’ is nonsense. You can’t drink on the job. I think some people use it as just a saying and don’t mean it literally, but there are definitely some people who do mean it literally, which is very odd.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the post, but the ‘Have one for yourself’ type of ‘tipping’ is nonsense. You can’t drink on the job. I think some people use it as just a saying and don’t mean it literally, but there are definitely some people who do mean it literally, which is very odd.

In Liverpool that means 20p, and nearly everyone does it so there's a fair amount to divvy up amongst the bar staff at the end of the night.

I got a taxi home from the supermarket tonight (Mrs Adam working), came to £3.80 so told him to keep the fiver.

The fucker then proceeds to sit on his fat arse whilst he watches me struggle with about 100 bags out of his boot to my door.

Can bite my banger if they want a tip again.

Laings is pretty overrated. Braes is the most overrated place in the world though.

Braes used to be good when they would serve me and my mates when we were like 15. They did shut for a bit and reopened with quite a good menu but it went downhill again pretty quickly.

Are you also in agreement that business class passengers on airlines should be randomly thrown in cattle class?

Are you also in agreement that if you purchase hospitality at a football match, you can randomly be selected to stand in the pissing rain with no food or beverages?

You get what you pay for, whether that's by tipping or not. You are paying for the product in a boozer, if you choose to pay extra for the service, you should get better service than some w**k who counts out his £2.85 on the bar ( or whatever) to avoid overpaying by 5p!

I have no idea why this appears so vitriolic!

Just noticed this and dafuq?

None of that flows from or is even remotely hinted at by what I said.

Saying 'he was first' is part of being a considerate human being. I don't tend to enquire whether someone has tipped before I do it and I doubt any of the inconsiderate c***s who screw with the order do either.

Same goes at the barbers - when the barber goes "right, who's next?" I don't ask the guy sitting next to me whether he gave her a couple of quid when he was last in 3 weeks ago.

• 7 months later...

The company I work for gathers all the tips and service charges, and then we get them included in our pay at the end of the month, minus tax. Cash tips are collected and then run through a spreadsheet on a Sunday to work out who is due what from each day. We all prefer card tips, purely because we get all of it as opposed to just a portion of it if it's left in cash. Waiters who work full time earn about £400 a month card tips, plus roughly another £100 in cash.

Do folk tip the delivery driver when you get your shopping delivered by sainsburys, tesco etc?

Yep and a lot of people bung the guys that deliver the death bed sorry hospital bed when family members are in their last weeks/months.

I see a the taxi chat and want my say on that.

Taxi drivers are mostly lazy fatties and tipping them is a joke.

I hate the term "hard working taxi drivers" how is this hard work?

Is it hard work if I give someone a lift to the airport?

Is it hard work when I drive myself to work and back?

Is it f**k. So why is it hard work when a taxi driver gives me a lift and expects a tip?

I'm all for tipping waiteresses, hairdressers who use me for a tit lean and bar staff, but taxi drivers can bolt.

I see a the taxi chat and want my say on that.

Taxi drivers are mostly lazy fatties and tipping them is a joke.

I hate the term "hard working taxi drivers" how is this hard work?

Is it hard work if I give someone a lift to the airport?

Is it hard work when I drive myself to work and back?

Is it f**k. So why is it hard work when a taxi driver gives me a lift and expects a tip?

I'm all for tipping waiteresses, hairdressers who use me for a tit lean and bar staff, but taxi drivers can bolt.

To be fair Gaz, anyone who has to spend time in your company probably deserves a tip.

Archived