Tipping

People who are happy to be served first when they know someone was at the bar before them are probably worse c***s than non-tippers tbf.

I raise you "you may have been here first, but you weren't in the queue". Britain, urgh.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I raise you "you may have been here first, but you weren't in the queue". Britain, urgh.

:lol:

I was in wetherspoons over the summer and some woman took it upon herself to start a queue.

Everyone just walking past her to go and stand at the bar and wait like normal humans, so she takes a temper tantrum screaming THERE IS A QUEUE, HOW RUDE ALL OF YOU ARE, THIS IS DISGUSTING.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was in wetherspoons over the summer and some woman took it upon herself to start a queue.

Everyone just walking past her to go and stand at the bar and wait like normal humans, so she takes a temper tantrum screaming THERE IS A QUEUE, HOW RUDE ALL OF YOU ARE, THIS IS DISGUSTING.

Bet you she's one of those folk who thinks her nearby (Crown / Toby) carvery is a proper pub.

... and brings the Partridge sized plate of course.

I remember self-appointed auld queue c***s were all too common in Buchanan Bus Station when I used to get buses. You'd sit at the stance for 20mins and get berated as you went to get on the bus which would never be more than 1/5 full because some old wummin decided where she happened to be standing was the queue.

People who are happy to be served first when they know someone was at the bar before them are probably worse c***s than non-tippers tbf.

Are you also in agreement that business class passengers on airlines should be randomly thrown in cattle class?

Are you also in agreement that if you purchase hospitality at a football match, you can randomly be selected to stand in the pissing rain with no food or beverages?

You get what you pay for, whether that's by tipping or not. You are paying for the product in a boozer, if you choose to pay extra for the service, you should get better service than some w**k who counts out his £2.85 on the bar ( or whatever) to avoid overpaying by 5p!

I have no idea why this appears so vitriolic!

I like tipping as it can make someone's day and I get a nice wee buzz out of that.

Eddie gets it! Not only has he provided the best story on P&B, he understands that tipping is not only about the tipped, it's about the tippee also.

I got a taxi a couple of months ago from a Nepalese guy, this was just after the earthquake and he told me that his parents & two brothers had lost their homes. I gave him a healthy tip and he told me that extra money would allow him to send more money home to help out his family. I walked into my house a little bit taller that night.

Bumped my head on the door frame, but it was ok.

Are you also in agreement that business class passengers on airlines should be randomly thrown in cattle class?

Are you also in agreement that if you purchase hospitality at a football match, you can randomly be selected to stand in the pissing rain with no food or beverages?

You get what you pay for, whether that's by tipping or not. You are paying for the product in a boozer, if you choose to pay extra for the service, you should get better service than some w**k who counts out his £2.85 on the bar ( or whatever) to avoid overpaying by 5p!

I have no idea why this appears so vitriolic!

Except tipping is not akin to paying for an advertised service. If you are going down that route then it to bribery would be a more fitting comparison.

Tipping to be nice is one thing, tipping to get extras is quite another.

Except tipping is not akin to paying for an advertised service. If you are going down that route then it to bribery would be a more fitting comparison.

Tipping to be nice is one thing, tipping to get extras is quite another.

I don't understand your point? I pay my advertised price for a drink, I choose to pay extra for special service. In what way is that bribery?

I always tip to get extras in the massage parlour, is that wrong too?

Eddie gets it! Not only has he provided the best story on P&B, he understands that tipping is not only about the tipped, it's about the tippee also.

I got a taxi a couple of months ago from a Nepalese guy, this was just after the earthquake and he told me that his parents & two brothers had lost their homes. I gave him a healthy tip and he told me that extra money would allow him to send more money home to help out his family. I walked into my house a little bit taller that night.

Bumped my head on the door frame, but it was ok.

Never happened.

I don't understand your point? I pay my advertised price for a drink, I choose to pay extra for special service. In what way is that bribery?

I always tip to get extras in the massage parlour, is that wrong too?

Didn't happen.

Never happened.

Ok never happened, that make you happy?

To all others, I don't think this is an outlandish claim, I live & work in Dubai so a fair percentage of taxi drivers are Nepalese.

Why the crivens am I defending myself?

Didn't happen.

I go to the barbers and get a haircut for £6.50. Normally give the girl £1.50. Still £2 cheaper than the other barbers in the area.

If its a party in a bowling club I normally tell the bar person to take something out the change for a drink for themselves every so often because they are doing it as a favour for the other member.

In a sit down place where your getting served food and drink and it comes to say £20 , I think tipping between £3-£5 is fair enough. Depends on how much change I have or if I've got a sky diver in my pocket.

Ever since a taxi driver reversed into my car and drove off I have despised taxi drivers. I was in the house but heard the noise, so looked outside and seen the taxi badge and phoned the police. They went to the guys house and charged him for dangerous driving and leaving the scene of a accident.

I very rarely use them unless I have to. Even at that I don't leave a big tip. Maybe 50p-£1 if that. I don't even feel guilty.

I go to the barbers and get a haircut for £6.50. Normally give the girl £1.50. Still £2 cheaper than the other barbers in the area.

If its a party in a bowling club I normally tell the bar person to take something out the change for a drink for themselves every so often because they are doing it as a favour for the other member.

In a sit down place where your getting served food and drink and it comes to say £20 , I think tipping between £3-£5 is fair enough. Depends on how much change I have or if I've got a sky diver in my pocket.

Ever since a taxi driver reversed into my car and drove off I have despised taxi drivers. I was in the house but heard the noise, so looked outside and seen the taxi badge and phoned the police. They went to the guys house and charged him for dangerous driving and leaving the scene of a accident.

I very rarely use them unless I have to. Even at that I don't leave a big tip. Maybe 50p-£1 if that. I don't even feel guilty.

You seem like a reasonable tipper, can't argue with anything you've said. I raise my chapeau to you.

With taxis I tend to round up to the next pound if it's below 50, and to the following pound if it's above 50. IE if the meter shows £6.40 they get £7, but if it shows £6.60 then they get £8. It's not perfect but it works for me.

I don't usually tip barbers unless it's a girl and they rest my head between their breasts to reach the tricky bits, or rub their crotch against my elbow. They usually charge the same for a 5 minute clipper job as they do for some hipster mess that takes half an hour so I reckon they're already over charging.

I kept tipping the lassie behind the bar yesterday so I never had to endure her shite patter any longer than necessary. Quite a good ploy on her part.

In Laings? I had the big baldy, bumbling p***k serving me most of the time. Got my order wrong 3 times, failed to hand me the drink from behind the counter once I paid, and tried to overcharge me.

Also, I was sitting in the windowed corridor overlooking the beer garden and I was given a plastic cup. Utterly awful session in an otherwise good drinking spot.

Archived