Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McIntyre/Dodds have surely 'earned' the right to be candidates for this. They've done a great job at RC. Same with McKinnon at Raith. I'd reckon it's better to go for a manager currently on the up, rather than a failure currently on the scrap heap ie Elvis, Billy Davies etc.

I'm not convinced. All managers will make mistakes at some point. I'd say it's better getting someone who has made mistakes already and learned from them than someone who has yet to be properly tested.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was debating McIntyre with an Arab the other day.

Would he see Utd as a worthwhile switch at the moment? County have a big budget and should they go off the boil Mcgregor will happily put his hand in his pocket to try and dig him out of it.

Not sure he'd have the same backing from the baldy snake.

Utd is undoubtedly a bigger job of course but he seems to be onto a good thing at county and a bit of success with a smaller club can do wonders for your reputation a la Alex Neil.

Tommy Wright and Jim McIntyre are apparently 'high on the list of targets' according to the Sun.

Easiest job in the world being a journalist at a time like this. How many newspapers in the next few days will have "EXCLUSIVE.." before listing the usual generic names that get linked with every single job going. Blind guesswork.

Guest DAVIDB69

57 applications received already. Did the club stick up an advert in the local DWP office? :rolleyes:

No great surprise it's still one of the top half dozen managerial positions in Scotland

Jim Spence tweeted last night that United would pay little or no compensation for a manager.

I never quite understand this attitude given occasionally forking out for a decent manager should prove better value than constantly dribbling funds away on average players.

Archived