Fear

Roland B

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That one day I'll wake up and it'll be 1982 again and the last 33 years haven't yet happened but will exactly they way I dreamt, and I have to through it all again, knowing nothing I can do will change a thing

That's weird; I have dreams where I wake up as a child again, with the personality and experience I have now. The difference for me would be that I wouldn't be able to do everything the same, even all the bad stuff - I might still be able to meet my wife and get married, although she might not like me with (by that time) a fifty year old's personality. But the main thing would be that, sure, we'd be able to have a child but it wouldn't be the same child as my son, which is just horrifying :(

Imagine being slap bang in the middle of the ocean at night with no land nearby for miles or even in view , just surrounded by nothing but water in the pitch black

Think I Still find this preferable to being in a room after the massive spider you clocked has went missing ...

I had to go for a MRI a few weeks ago. It was only then that I found out that I have claustrophobia. Never been so terrified in my life.

I have to go for another one next month, so I've gone to my GP and got a script for valium...

Actually on a non joking front, people who end up with that 'Locked In Syndrome' looks utterly horrific, the likes of ending up suffering like that for years is a genuinely terrifying prospect

I had that, I stayed in and watched Homes under the hammer all day, till she came home,

I think my biggest fear would be stuck underground , like in a really narrow cave with rocks above me and no room to move / breathe and no one around to hear me. I'm getting anxious typing this

I think my biggest fear would be stuck underground , like in a really narrow cave with rocks above me and no room to move / breathe and no one around to hear me. I'm getting anxious typing this

I'm ridiculously claustrophobic as well. If I was on a life sentence in prison but somebody had dug a mile long tunnel I could crawl through to get out I think I'd just stay in the prison tbh.

The good news (apparently) is that the brain supposedly only tolerates extreme pain for short periods of time - about two minutes IIRC. After that, it shuts down the pain sensors and floods itself with chemicals (dopamine?) to take you away to your happy place. Presumably it figures, "alright, I've been warning you about this for ages, so clearly we're unable to get away from whatever's doing it". Given the smoke produced by burning, you'll die from asphyxiation before pain becomes something you'll ever have to worry about again.

Still...those two minutes, though :shutup

How extreme though? You hear/see people who have suffered serious injury and appear to be in excruciating agony for a hell of alot longer than two minutes.

Seagulls, pigeons, birds around that size. Vermin who I fear will peck me to death.

Blood, gory stuff. Can't even watch Casualty/24 hours in A & E or shite like that. If I cut myself I'm generally alright with it, but can't handle other peoples' blood etc.

Some heights. I've been up the Empire State Building and Top of the Rock and been fine, but three stories up looking down a stairwell makes me feel dizzy. Weird.

Hiya Danny, just shut the f**k up and keep on digging.

2128-7628.jpg

I'm ridiculously claustrophobic as well. If I was on a life sentence in prison but somebody had dug a mile long tunnel I could crawl through to get out I think I'd just stay in the prison tbh.

Ok Archibald, you can jump the fence then.

Angus%20Lennie%20%20The%20Great%20Escape

Have you heard of Ted the Caver?

Squeeze.jpg

11961286_f260.jpg

That's exactly my biggest fear there is just something so awful about it, wouldn't have called myself claustrophobic though

I'm also quite scared of clowns - the reason people are scared of clowns is because you can see an expression etched on their face but can't tell what the clowns intentions are or how it is feeling so your brain goes into over load

People with irrational fears or "phobias" really annoy me.

Heights i can understand as if you fall you could hurt yourself but these folk that are scared of house spiders, ants, wasps, bees, brown paper bags, get a fucking grip of yourself. I am convinced that 99% of it is attention seeking and if they were alone with the object of their "phobia" they wouldnt even be bothered.

c***s.

Archived