Fear

Roland B

People with irrational fears or "phobias" really annoy me.

Heights i can understand as if you fall you could hurt yourself but these folk that are scared of house spiders, ants, wasps, bees, brown paper bags, get a fucking grip of yourself. I am convinced that 99% of it is attention seeking and if they were alone with the object of their "phobia" they wouldnt even be bothered.

c***s.

Sounds like you have phobophobia mate.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People with irrational fears or "phobias" really annoy me.

Heights i can understand as if you fall you could hurt yourself but these folk that are scared of house spiders, ants, wasps, bees, brown paper bags, get a fucking grip of yourself. I am convinced that 99% of it is attention seeking and if they were alone with the object of their "phobia" they wouldnt even be bothered.

c***s.

Yeah I get this too a lot of people like to say they are this that and the next thing just to get attention. Don't think I have any irrational ones but spiders do terrify me but they have to be pretty big

Sometimes to freak my mrs out I go up to her with my hand shut as if I have something in it and the fear that I have something in my hand freaks her out , she locked herself in the bathroom last time and came out in tears

Yeah I get this too a lot of people like to say they are this that and the next thing just to get attention. Don't think I have any irrational ones but spiders do terrify me but they have to be pretty big

Sometimes to freak my mrs out I go up to her with my hand shut as if I have something in it and the fear that I have something in my hand freaks her out , she locked herself in the bathroom last time and came out in tears

Had a sock in your hand type post. IMO

I'd class spiders as an irrational fear when you live in Scotland.

I used to have vaguely claustrophobia-related dreams. I'd be trying to go somewhere or do something and have to get there by going through a really tight space that I had to inch myself through. I was never afraid of it, though. In my mind I rationalised it by saying if I can see all of the space and how to get out, if I knew I could get out of the space, there wasn't a problem with it.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but my biggest fear is one of my kids falling ill.

I don't know how parents who have to go back and forth to Yorkhill or a kids hospice cope. I suppose they don't have any other option.

So that's my fear.

You can thank me later for brightening up your Friday!

Spiders, heights, the sea, sharks

Also seeing as it's being discussed, shite scared to see everybody around me dying when I start getting older, all your friends and family etc. Grans at a funeral every week, don't think I realise just how bad it will be.

Meight, you live in Arbroath, you're pretty much in the sea already.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but my biggest fear is one of my kids falling ill.

I don't know how parents who have to go back and forth to Yorkhill or a kids hospice cope. I suppose they don't have any other option.

So that's my fear.

You can thank me later for brightening up your Friday!

Bloody hell, it's a terribly frightening prospect tbf. Makes heights pale into insignificance. Close thread.

Archived