Going Teetotal

Is anyone currently doing it either because they have to or for all the other usual reasons?

Fancy doing a couple of months to take advantage of the usual increased fitness/more cash/to boost my business.

Have considered it many times but it's impossible.

Haven't drank for five weeks as cutting weight/keeping fit for a fight next week. Not terrible when have something to focus on but I am craving a bottle of Ceaser Augustus quite badly.

Eta visiting the fringe with great weather and loads of happy drunk people was a boot in the baws though.

Edited by mrcat1990

I gave up drink once.. worst five minutes of my life...

No, I actually did give up for a month last year as a sort of pathetic attempt to lose weight. After the first fortnight I didn't really miss it although you do get fed up drinking coke, irn burn, orange juice etc with your mates after the football.

What kind of fighting?

Muay Thai.

I understand people like a drink, but the fact some do a "sober month" for charity like it's an honorable sacrifice says rather alot about the UK's relationship with the bottle.

I don't drink at all through Sunday - Thursday but come Friday afternoon after working all week the craving for a cold beer is far too great. I think I could do it, done it for 6 weeks last summer when I was hitting the gym/training pretty hard and it wasn't too bad.

As someone said above not fully banning yourself and allowing yourself to have a drink if you're in company / out for dinner is pretty easy.

Just now I can't wait for a drink tomorrow night.

I stopped drinking for 4 months and saved a fucking tonne of money. As soon as I broke the run though I've found it ever so difficult to stay in at the weekend again.

Currently on 1 weekend, this weekend will definitely be number 2, come next Thursday/Friday and Monday it's all going out the window though.

Muay Thai.

I understand people like a drink, but the fact some do a "sober month" for charity like it's an honorable sacrifice says rather alot about the UK's relationship with the bottle.

Good luck with the fight.

It's pretty embarrassing that I'm posting a thread about having a month or 2 off it as though it's a big deal which probably means it's all the more important to do it.

Did it for about 8 weeks over the summer there. Was alright I suppose. Didn't particularly miss it but i did enjoy the taste of that first pint a few weeks ago.

As with most things, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. It's knowing when to stop or slow down that's the issue.