Rangers v St Johnstone

Solitaire

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have been at different game then lads.

We've only had one other televised game this season out of eleven, so what are you comparing our performance against? The game against Hearts where we arguably played better in?

Did you expect him to do a we're not worthy routine? He's already stated many times that we'll play the same way no matter who we play, nothing to do with lacking respect. If we lose some games by doing that then meh..... It may work in the long term or it may not, its a chance worth taking.

Astounding you dont see the arrogance in that. I know you and fellow Rangers fans are so drilled into being one of the best sides in the country, and were able to play the exact same style every week as you were so far ahead of everyone, but you're nowhere near that level just now, so to think you can just run over the vast majority of sides is arrogance in itself.

Shiels said The Rangers won't change their style of play for any opposition, the primary reason they got dumped out of the cup.

They do realise they'll have to play actual professional footballers every week if they get promoted?

I think there was a mixture of all 3 there to be honest mate , in an attacking sense I think we need a poacher type and we should be fine up there answer = Kris Boyd, our main issue is defence answer = Bilel Mohsni, we need a holding mild fielder to sit deep infront of the defence again eustace could be the solution answer = Ian Black -which also gives holiday the chance to play more forward aswell - but time nor by the looks of it fitness is not on his side , as I said we know where the improvements are required and I hope the other night is used as a major learning curve , what is your hoped for St Johnstone this year from what I have heard it's been a hit and miss start this season

HTH.

No wonder this Sevco team is worse than last season if you got rid of players and replaced them with English League 1 reserve league dross.

No wonder this Sevco team is worse than last season if you got rid of players and replaced them with English League 1 reserve league dross.

I don't think you have many fans agreeing with you that Rangers have gone backwards. They've clearly made vast improvements but the defence still lacks that extra bit of quality. Partly because the centre backs aren't great and also due to the left/right back pushing so far up the pitch.

Astounding you dont see the arrogance in that. I know you and fellow Rangers fans are so drilled into being one of the best sides in the country, and were able to play the exact same style every week as you were so far ahead of everyone, but you're nowhere near that level just now, so to think you can just run over the vast majority of sides is arrogance in itself.

As my previous posts show your comments are a pile of pish as i have clearly said the exact opposite.

We are rebuilding and that will take time.

Obviously St Johnstone have to be the favourites against a lower league team who have a squad full of lower leagues journeymen players. Hopefully we can get a win but its a big ask against a premiership team.

Errrrm we're playing at a lower level and the fermers have a higher quality squad used to playing at higher standard. We are clearly the underdogs for this game.

Cant say how our squad would perform at that level until it plays at that level, a big difference from playing Alloa and Raith rovers. While you guys have a proven record at premier ship level.

I don't think you have many fans agreeing with you that Rangers have gone backwards. They've clearly made vast improvements but the defence still lacks that extra bit of quality. Partly because the centre backs aren't great and also due to the left/right back pushing so far up the pitch.

He's trolling , best just Ignoring city dave

I'm going by The Tedi logic from last season. Rangers clearly being better than both St. Johnstone and ICT over one game so therefore would finish higher than them in the league, given that both teams that played Rangers could not have been off their game, Rangers were superior. So seeing how easy St. Johnstone turned Rangers over and that Saints team has changed little from last season it stands to reason that Rangers have gone backwards in progress.

I haven't added the Motherwell factor nor that Rangers couldn't beat Celtic yet ICT did twice.

The only thing that has improved for Rangers is the style of play, the team play more of a modern style, keeping possession, passing the ball on the deck and breaking with pace or pinning teams back with sharp passing in front of the penalty box. Nothing wrong with that in the Championship but as one of the pundits pointed out after the match if any team from the Championship plays one from the Premiership if that team has weaknesses the Premiership teams will find them eventually, it may take a few games but it usually happens, this is why Hearts have now been found out, they will have to change their tactics. It only took the first 10 minutes of that Rangers v Saints match for Saints to work out Rangers weaknesses.

I'm going by The Tedi logic from last season. Rangers clearly being better than both St. Johnstone and ICT over one game so therefore would finish higher than them in the league, given that both teams that played Rangers could not have been off their game, Rangers were superior. So seeing how easy St. Johnstone turned Rangers over and that Saints team has changed little from last season it stands to reason that Rangers have gone backwards in progress.

I haven't added the Motherwell factor nor that Rangers couldn't beat Celtic yet ICT did twice.

The only thing that has improved for Rangers is the style of play, the team play more of a modern style, keeping possession, passing the ball on the deck and breaking with pace or pinning teams back with sharp passing in front of the penalty box. Nothing wrong with that in the Championship but as one of the pundits pointed out after the match if any team from the Championship plays one from the Premiership if that team has weaknesses the Premiership teams will find them eventually, it may take a few games but it usually happens, this is why Hearts have now been found out, they will have to change their tactics. It only took the first 10 minutes of that Rangers v Saints match for Saints to work out Rangers weaknesses.

I agree you can't judge where a team is based on just one game, but I don't think the argument last season was that Rangers were better than St Johnstone. The argument was Rangers could compete in the Premier League after making light work of not one but three Premiership teams.

And the team Rangers have this season, I'm convinced they'd finish ahead of St Johnstone. Quite far ahead, in fact, but that's just my opinion. Next season? That'll be a team capable of strengthening much better in the summer than Saints due to the gulf in finances.

As for Hearts, sure, they've had a few poor results falling adrift of Celtic and Aberdeen now but I think they'll have a strong season and finish in the top 3 or 4. Again, well ahead of St Johnstone despite being in the Championship the previous season.

Watched the game back and i thought St Johnstone got their tactics spot on. They sat back and soaked up the pressure and hit us on the counter attack, they did it really well to be honest.

The goals were sloppy from our point of view, the first goal should have been stopped well before their player hit it in the box ( The back heel flick after that was very good though) The second was just poor to lose, the guy was standing outside of the box with no one marking him, or anyone trying to close him down when it got passed to him from the corner, which was poor. The third was a 50 yard punt up to the St Johnstone striker, who we must have known had pace, so we shouldn't have tried to play such a high line, Ball should have started as he's rapid and probably the better of our CB's.

I can't really moan about the penalty decisions having watched it again, i don't think the ref was any good though but it never had an affect on the result.

And the team Rangers have this season, I'm convinced they'd finish ahead of St Johnstone. Quite far ahead, in fact, but that's just my opinion. Next season? That'll be a team capable of strengthening much better in the summer than Saints due to the gulf in finances.

Predictions from thepundit.

Oh goodie!

As my previous posts show your comments are a pile of pish as i have clearly said the exact opposite.

We are rebuilding and that will take time.

Who said anything about you? I was talking about your manager, who clearly assumed you could just run over us

I agree you can't judge where a team is based on just one game, but I don't think the argument last season was that Rangers were better than St Johnstone. The argument was Rangers could compete in the Premier League after making light work of not one but three Premiership teams.

Those two scubbings at home and away by 11th placed Motherwell just don't make any sense, do they?.

Last season Motherwell only managed to score 3 or more goals against a team on only 5 separate occasions in league, cups and play off games. 2 of these were against Rangers.

Those two scubbings at home and away by 11th placed Motherwell just don't make any sense, do they?.

Last season Motherwell only managed to score 3 or more goals against a team on only 5 separate occasions in league, cups and play off games. 2 of these were against Rangers.

They make perfect sense, Motherwell played better and won. What don't you understand? Perhaps we can help you Dave.

They make perfect sense, Motherwell played better and won. What don't you understand? Perhaps we can help you Dave.

Point seems to be that thepundits saying Rangers are better than us despite the defeat, as theres no point judging things in a one off game, before going on to say they'd have finished high up the Premiership last year as they beat three teams in one off games while completely writing off the fact they got absolutely annihilated in a non-one off game against a Premiership side. He's completely contradicting himself.

Archived