Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Yeah we SHOULD win - but after 89 minutes of tonight's game we should also have won!

I just hate sport tonight.

Lol just sat with teenage son who has no experience of us qualifying while i moaned that i hate being scottish. ....we dont even win at curling ffs......there was a kerfuffle earlier in year cos a scottish pipe band won world piping champs.....we set our expectations low for a reason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've basically averaged 2 goals per game scored against Poland and Germany and taken 2 points out of 12.

Tells you where the problem is. Defence is rank.

Every freakin' school team knows don't give away needless fouls on the edge of the box, especially in the last minute of injury time! But we've score 2 great goals tonight and given away 2 shockers.

Until we get some quality full backs and centre backs we won't be qualifying for anything and I don't see any coming through.

Seems like a few folk think WGS is a waster who should be nowhere near the Scotland job, along with a fair few of the players - who would be replacing him/them?

Sickener. Fed-up of glorious failure. It makes it worse, not better.

To have a group like we had, and 23 teams qualifying for a finals tournament, makes it all the more disappointing and a wasted opportunity.

Equally I suppose you can't take 2pts off Poland, drop 2pts to Eire and drop 3pts to Georgia and necessarily expect to finish in the top half.

I'm not having the jammy equalizer thing. 10 seconds to go and we absolutely fucked it at the back and ultimately it deserved to be punished.

Aye agreed but its the manner of the goal though. If it was a 30 yard screamer it would be easier to accept.

It was just so typically Scottish.

Nothing will change until we change the way we play.Going into injury time we keep hitting everything long,just giving Poland the ball back.No other European team does this.Will we ever put out an eleven happy to keep the ball.

We don't have the basic skill levels to play keep ball like other European teams

Apart from most Scottish folk who have been there, seen it, got the t-shirt!!! 'Twas always going to happen. It was just a case of how!!!

I'm off to the pub

Yeah it was going to end badly but fck me it must have been the only permutation that nobody saw coming.

Sickener. Fed-up of glorious failure. It makes it worse, not better.

To have a group like we had, and 23 teams qualifying for a finals tournament, makes it all the more disappointing and a wasted opportunity.

Equally I suppose you can't take 2pts off Poland, drop 2pts to Eire and drop 3pts to Georgia and necessarily expect to finish in the top half.

You can, you wouldn't expect Ireland to take four points of Germany.

We've basically averaged 2 goals per game scored against Poland and Germany and taken 2 points out of 12.

Tells you where the problem is. Defence is rank.

Every freakin' school team knows don't give away needless fouls on the edge of the box, especially in the last minute of injury time! But we've score 2 great goals tonight and given away 2 shockers.

Until we get some quality full backs and centre backs we won't be qualifying for anything and I don't see any coming through.

Not just the centre halves, neil mccann highlighted at ht how headless chicken brown runs out of position at the first goal, something he done for the German first goal as well

I bet Scotland to win and cashed out with 5 to go. I had dread in my head. Unfortunately I was correct. The Georgia result was the catalyst for this particular fail. At least there will be no stress next summer. (scant consolation).

Archived