Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Scotland fans need to grow a set and start sticking together, I was siting on the top tier section Q near the Polish fans. Game starts and about 40-50 Polish fans come and just take over the are, Scotland fans started leaving their seats instead of telling them to bolt, the full first half there was about 6 of us Scotland fans left in the area surrounded by them- would never happen at Airdrie, Airdrie fans would stick together and wouldn't move.

If it had been Scotish club fans then the police would have steamed in and shifted them but it took them until 42mins of the game to start moving them- why were they allowed in our end anyway?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, you know nothing will change though, the Tartan Army will continue to line the SFA's pocket.

Hardwork and enthusiasm will continue to be more important commodities than skill and ability.

Average journeymen will be worshipped as heroes.

A couple of gritty results will lead to a wave of optimism before the bubble bursts and another campaign disintegrates.

And so the endless cycle goes on.

Scotland fans need to grow a set and start sticking together, I was siting on the top tier section Q near the Polish fans. Game starts and about 40-50 Polish fans come and just take over the are, Scotland fans started leaving their seats instead of telling them to bolt, the full first half there was about 6 of us Scotland fans left in the area surrounded by them- would never happen at Airdrie, Airdrie fans would stick together and wouldn't move.

If it had been Scotish club fans then the police would have steamed in and shifted them but it took them until 42mins of the game to start moving them- why were they allowed in our end anyway?

Airdrie fans :lol:

Its a well known fact that the reason the Tartan Army dont fight is cause they cannae fight.

Left wing loonies loving the mediocrity they wallow in.

Not even asking them to fight but don't abdicate your seat, I don't even blame the individuals that lost their seats they were obviously intimidated but they were only intimidated because Scotland fans never act as a collective unit and they would have been on their own with no back up had they stood up for themselves.

Crushing disappointment aside, why was I able to purchase tickets that landed me in the Polish section? I kid you not, the people with the flares were seated where we were meant to be and we ended up watching the game on a stairwell. G4S supervisor's response? 'They're everywhere, there's nothing I can do'. Madness

Yeah a couple of Polish guys near me got fairly hounded out for lighting flares next to kids. Few sore faces by the end of it. Unsavoury scenes but if you go into the wrong end start waving flares when you score you can't complain when you get smashed in the pie.

As for the game a couple of individual crackers papered over the cracks of yet another lacklustre performance.

Not even asking them to fight but don't abdicate your seat, I don't even blame the individuals that lost their seats they were obviously intimidated but they were only intimidated because Scotland fans never act as a collective unit and they would have been on their own with no back up had they stood up for themselves.

Stood up to what? Sharing an end with Poland fans?

Minor scrummages in the crowd are irrelevant.

the reason we lost was down individual errors.

Russell lost the focus and his runner for goal 1.

Keeper did not get down text book wise and was at fault.

I hate the fact that we won this game and threw it!

Just in, and I'll say this. A lot of the time, when people get really upset over a game of football, I can understand, but really, it's just a game. Tonight, however, was absolutely fucking gutting.

Starting with the Poland fans. Heard a lot of people around me complaining about them getting so many seats. Don't blame them, blame the Scots who didn't buy one. I heard there were still tickets available this week, so you can't even say that the Poles bought them up quicker than we could. The ones that took a seat in the Scotland end and just went to support their team, fair enough. We'd do the same if we had a massive population in someone else's country. Might make me sound like a knicker-wetter, but those that brought flares and fireworks can take a running f**k to themselves.

As for the game, we had an absolute shitemare of an opening 15 minutes. Looked a well worked goal from Poland, but we made it pretty easy for them. After that, despite the BBC live text seemingly making out that we were getting murdered, I don't think Poland were that good. They were better, definitely, and held us at arms length, but they never looked several shades better than us. Then Ritchie scores at the perfect time, and I'd say from then on we were the better side.

Team selection wise, I thought WGS got it wrong in the first half. Darren Fletcher looked off the pace, and made a few mistakes. Naismith looked like he was slightly off too, and had clearly been told to play close to a 4-4-2. That's why Poland ran all over us early on. And why we should never, ever play 4-4-2. Other than that, I think a few players in that team absolutely proved why they were picked. Forrest still had very little interest in properly tracking back, but he at least looked dangerous going forward. And Steven Fletcher...well, I think he proved why he's there. Absolutely delighted for him.

Then we fought like hell to keep hold of the lead. Right up until that fucking gut punch of an ending. There's just no accounting for that. Ritchie probably shouldn't have given away the foul, but from there, it's just a series of bits of bad luck, falling to Lewandowski of all people.

And even then 2-2 shouldn't have been a bad result by any means. If it wasn't for fucking Ireland. And we were so nice to the Germans as well...

the police seemed to be aware Scotland fans were scattered in amongst the chaos, but nobody acted. Hardly anyone was seated where I was, it was basically a free for all that the police stood and watched. A guy and his missus left before kick off and gave me his seats which were amazing compared to our previous seats in Row A which had been firmly commandeered by Polish who later lit the flares. We stood for whole match, mostly on stairwell. You may as well have had my gran stewarding as the few hapless G4S that were kicking around

When the Police eventually shifted the poles around us there was about 20 or 30 empty seats, quite a few Scotland fans just left the ground. They commandeered the area from kick off but it took the police 40 minutes to come and do anything about it, even then they were reticent to get involved whereas if it had been old firm games they'd have been jailing folk left, right and centre.

Even at half time the Poles just over took to full pie/toilet area under the stand and most Scotland fans stayed up on the stadium out their road.

I don't mind flares unless folk are chucking them about (which the Poles were). They can look alright and that but setting them off next to kids is also stupid as f**k.

Was there any kind of action taken in the away end? Didn't look as though there was, despite heavy police presence.

Archived