St Mirren v Raith Rovers

St. James is right next to the stadium. You're then a 5-10 minute walk to The Caledonia or The Alamo (and the same back of course).. If you get off at Gilmour St you have Last Post, Club Bar, Bankhouse and Brewers Tap (aka Langs) all within 30 seconds of the station but a 15 minute walk to the ground.

Been in the Alamo once. Does it still have westerns (the Alamo perhaps) playing on the Betamax behind the bar? Also I seem to remember the toilet being bigger than the bar itself? I may have been slightly consumed though...

Cheers for that gents, much appreciated.

Via google maps It looks like even the caledonia and Alamo are much closer to Gilmour Street too? Either way its not too much of a trek!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for that gents, much appreciated.

Via google maps It looks like even the caledonia and Alamo are much closer to Gilmour Street too? Either way its not too much of a trek!

You'd be as well just going to Gilmour street. The trains are more frequent to there and also most of the trains that go to St James are a slower service that stops at every stop on the way to Paisley (the Largs and Ayr trains first stop is Gilmour street).

You'd be as well just going to Gilmour street. The trains are more frequent to there and also most of the trains that go to St James are a slower service that stops at every stop on the way to Paisley (the Largs and Ayr trains first stop is Gilmour street).

Sounds good to me mate, thanks a lot.

You could always get the 14.52 train from Gilmour to St James which will get you to the stadium just before kick off if you don't fancy walking it (or leaving the pub early)

That's a long fucking train ride!

If the worst comes to the worst Rovers could have eight first team players out for this one. If we are indeed down to the bare bones, line up will look something like this:

Cuthbert

Thomson Ellis Benedictus McKeown

Anderson McCord Matthews Craigen

Daly Wighton

Bench: Laidlaw, Mackie, Ford

Unavailable: Toshney, Barr, Petrie, Davidson, Callachan, Vaughan, Megginson, Stewart

Ford could perhaps play right back and Thomson could play CB instead of Ellis. But we've no flexibility at all anywhere else.

For the benefit of the Saints fans, I imagine Toshney, Callachan, Davidson and Vaughan would be certain to play, Stewart probable as well. Megginson a cert to come off the bench.

Sure some of the doubts will make it, hopefully not to their detriment long term. With a match at Parkhead next week there might be one or two happy to sit this one out too....

I sent an email to st.mirren regarding our flags and this is the reply i received.

I am Stuart Halbert and I am the head steward at St.Mirren. I have been passed your message regarding flags. Unfortunately your fans will be in a segregated area and have no space for the flags in beside you. I can however let you place your flags in the empty stand behing the goals where away fans would usually sit. If you can explain to stewards at turnstiles if this suits you then we will arrange for a steward to take you pitch side into the North stand and again to get the flags out at the end of the game. I hope this answers your question and is acceptable to you

If the worst comes to the worst Rovers could have eight first team players out for this one. If we are indeed down to the bare bones, line up will look something like this:

Cuthbert

Thomson Ellis Benedictus McKeown

Anderson McCord Matthews Craigen

Daly Wighton

Bench: Laidlaw, Mackie, Ford

Unavailable: Toshney, Barr, Petrie, Davidson, Callachan, Vaughan, Megginson, Stewart

Ford could perhaps play right back and Thomson could play CB instead of Ellis. But we've no flexibility at all anywhere else.

For the benefit of the Saints fans, I imagine Toshney, Callachan, Davidson and Vaughan would be certain to play, Stewart probable as well. Megginson a cert to come off the bench.

Sure some of the doubts will make it, hopefully not to their detriment long term. With a match at Parkhead next week there might be one or two happy to sit this one out too....

Wouldn't surprise me if we pulled up a few of the youth squad like Campbell and Mackie for numbers on the bench, unless they're out on loan.

But yes, overall, it's a pretty grim situation. It wouldn't surprise me if Toshney made the team given he's got the resilience of a Terminator (disclaimer: I take no responsibility for a crunching challenge ruling him out for the rest of the season).

I sent an email to st.mirren regarding our flags and this is the reply i received.

I am Stuart Halbert and I am the head steward at St.Mirren. I have been passed your message regarding flags. Unfortunately your fans will be in a segregated area and have no space for the flags in beside you. I can however let you place your flags in the empty stand behing the goals where away fans would usually sit. If you can explain to stewards at turnstiles if this suits you then we will arrange for a steward to take you pitch side into the North stand and again to get the flags out at the end of the game. I hope this answers your question and is acceptable to you

That seems reasonable enough.

I hadn't realised we weren't just getting the stand behind the goal, though. This must be how Alloa fans feel.

That seems reasonable enough.

I hadn't realised we weren't just getting the stand behind the goal, though. This must be how Alloa fans feel.

No one has had it so far this season except Falkirk.

I'd imagine only Rangers, Morton, Falkirk and Hibs will be behind the goals this season and the rest will be in the West stand beside us, which is a pain in the arse as it cuts the available concession kiosks by 50%. ;)

I'd imagine only Rangers, Morton, Falkirk and Hibs will be behind the goals this season and the rest will be in the West stand beside us, which is a pain in the arse as it cuts the available concession kiosks by 50%. ;)

That shouldn't be a worry to a fine example as yourself, a ripped bloke like you wouldn't be seen dead near one of those places.

How many fans does that section hold?

Archived