Airdrie vs ayr

Gilmour certainly far better in that regard, working much harder. The guy clearly has ability, some of his switches of play are outstanding at times, hopefully McCall can help him start influencing games more and more.

Crawford hasn't been as good so far this season but sure he will come good when he comes into the side.

Gilmour was the best football player on our books last season, he didn't show it often enough but he was the best we had.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the end of the season when Airdrie go up through the playoffs and one of Ayr or Dunfermline implode from the financial outlay they've spunked on trying to find a way out of this league.

You've got to spend what you don't have to implode, we'll not be imploding regardless of our finishing position.

Thats a push all day long. But you have to be concerned with the positioning of our central defenders, dizzy and dozey. Way too easy beat. No more to say on the keepers howler at 2nd.

Docherty was very aggressive with Morgan all afternoon and clearly showed no concern for his opponents safety. The ref clearly happy with it. But we only have ourselves to blame. If any our players or manager had the testicles to give the bitch a good rap on the ankles he'd behave himself better.

Disgusting team and manager, hopefully Bollan has the guts to play them at their own game next time.

man up,Airdrie to weak..................

Looking forward to the end of the season when Airdrie go up through the playoffs and one of Ayr or Dunfermline implode from the financial outlay they've spunked on trying to find a way out of this league.

Airdrie far to weak.........FACT

Only a moron would blame the referee for losing that game given those 2 goals we conceded. That was never a foul in the lead up to the first goal anyway, it was Jamie Bain throwing himself to the ground as usual.

Edit: On second viewing that's a bit harsh on Bain, think he just fell over. In fairness to him he never appealed for the foul - which he normally does - which probably says it all.

You clearly don't like Bain ! But it was a clear foul all day long !!!

Al agree there we beat out self today !! Ayr were never going to beat us playin football and brought the fight but a higher standerd of ref today would Have had more control on the game and a say it would have went out way ....but the big thing here is if our keeper never cocked up we would have won as we where the better team but it's points that count so well done ayr on the points today but no deserved in my view

Load of rubbish. A good referee would have sent Taylor Morgan off for his disgraceful assault, and there were several more borderline "tackles" from your lot throughout the game. You want to play by the sword, you die by the sword as it looks like we won't be bullied by your hammer throwers any more.

It was a rare error from the Ayr United keeper that gifted you your only goal, and after that he had a fairly quiet afternoon.

You may have been the better team for most of the first half, but certainly were not in the second half. Overall, 3 points WERE well deserved for Ayr.

As an Ayr United supporter I know all about looking for excuses for defeats over the last few seasons, but try not to get too divorced from reality.

Load of rubbish. A good referee would have sent Taylor Morgan off for his disgraceful assault, and there were several more borderline "tackles" from your lot throughout the game. You want to play by the sword, you die by the sword as it looks like we won't be bullied by your hammer throwers any more.

It was a rare error from the Ayr United keeper that gifted you your only goal, and after that he had a fairly quiet afternoon.

You may have been the better team for most of the first half, but certainly were not in the second half. Overall, 3 points WERE well deserved for Ayr.

As an Ayr United supporter I know all about looking for excuses for defeats over the last few seasons, but try not to get too divorced from reality.

Aye right mate. No bother.

It was a rare error from the Ayr United keeper that gifted you your only goal,.

Really? The goalie was at fault? Nothing to do with the piss poor marking at the corner? Goalie had no feckin chance with the shot thanks to the defence switching off.

You are an unreliable witness, no further questions your honour.

I'm looking forward to this game. Ayr surely see this as a winnable tie given their form and it'll be an interesting one for us to gauge where we stand currently.

I still feel we're sorely lacking through the middle and that Docherty could control the game tomorrow. If we can contain the middle of the park then we can win.

We utterly owned Ayr last season though (having said that, most teams did) and despite them taking two of our better players, I think we're mentally stronger. Seems like every time we play them they have a man sent off. I'd imagine McCall will be examining that. He'll know that the Ayr players are getting worked up playing against the prestigious name of Airdrieonians, and try and keep a lid on it. He'll surely be telling them that they can't get away with the snide elbows and late tackles they would have appeared to get away with at Dunfy. I'm expecting Ayr to try and play football, not something you'd traditionally associate with them, and for that reason, they'll lose.

I love it how your last sentence discredits everything you previously said.

Really? The goalie was at fault? Nothing to do with the piss poor marking at the corner? Goalie had no feckin chance with the shot thanks to the defence switching off.

You are an unreliable witness, no further questions your honour.

Goalkeeper was wrong-footed and out of position for the shot that came in. If you want to blame the marking, then absolve your keeper of blame for our second goal, it was the fault of your defence for not closing us down and allowing the match-winning shot. Checkmate!

I love how this post totally isn't raging at all!

With regards to the game I didn't hold out much hope for anything other than a draw and not hugely disappointed with a loss, was always going to be a tight game won by a goal either way.

Also, Parry should start next week. Not saying that Ferguson doesn't deserve his opportunity, I just think it would be cruel to give him that opportunity against Dunfermline. At least wait for a potentially easier game where he may not have as much to do and gain some confidence

Goalkeeper was wrong-footed and out of position for the shot that came in. If you want to blame the marking, then absolve your keeper of blame for our second goal, it was the fault of your defence for not closing us down and allowing the match-winning shot. Checkmate!

No you were checkmated last post, you are clearly out of your depth in adult conversations.

Archived