RWC 2015

The Gudderman

At work so haven't been able to watch properly, but of what I've seen Scotland have looked poor. Can't imagine they will lose, but this isn't the start I would have liked to see.

I think all the warning signs are there that this will go the same way as the South African game. Japan are playing within themselves, and making Scotland expend all their energy.

That said, John Hardie looks an excellent add, and he and the Scottish back row could be the difference makers if they can turn more ball over.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we did have it we gave it away though.

And when we did have it it was inside our own 22. Running the ball from there would be dangerous to the point of suicidal, even with a one man advantage. The real problem was our forwards all of a sudden dropping a gear, despite us playing at an excellent pace for the most part of the first half.

That has to be tackle of the tournament so far.

Hard work for Scotland so far, benefiting from Japanese errors and indiscipline. Only time we looked like scoring a try was in the final few seconds of the half. Japanese try good from their point of view but Scottish pack looked lazy in getting across.

Have to hope they tire or this might not end well.

Archived