RWC 2015

The Gudderman

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest RWC upset since the then Western Samoa humped Wales at The Arms Park in 1991.

Thanks, South Africa. You've softened them up for our game on Wednesday.

It is but it's a far bigger upset than that - that was a decent Samoan team against a shite Welsh team.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a bigger upset in sport in my lifetime - really struggling!

That last few minutes camped by the line, have never seen such a nervous set of top class players in my life as those South Africans. Full credit to Japan, tremendously composed, technically accurate, quick recycling rugby, and insane heart.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger upset in sport at this level.

They're going to pump us, aren't they?

Nah, we'll take care of them. We'll be fresh know what's coming. Can't see them raising their game so quickly after this the biggest ever result in their history.

The good news for Scotland is that the Boks are definitely there for the taking. Thought that should have been a penalty try for Japan anyway, SA clearly collapsed that maul from the final lineout as it was going over the line. One of the best, if not the best, endings I've ever seen in sport.

Thinking about it a bit more calmly now I dont think there is a reason for Scotland to panic, the Saffer mentality at sport means they can go into games a bit over confident then panic and the wheels come off a bit. They tend to be a bit poor at improvising plan Bs. The Japanese scrum is a big worry but we have the advantage of not having our bodies covered in the deep bruises you get from going toe to toe with beasts the size of a Boer tight head. We played well against France and should have enough against Japan. Hunting for their recent results

Sept 5th

Georgia 10 - 13 Japan

Aug 22

Japan 30 - 8 Uruguay

Aug 3

Japan 20 - 31 Tonga

Jul 24

United States of America 23 - 18 Japan

Jul 18

Canada 6 - 20 Japan

Looks like this was a one off.

Still :shutup:shutup

Supercalliegoballastic

Wrexham Arsenal in the FA Cup

Boris Beckers first Wimbledon

Wrexham - Arsenal maybe.

Becker was 20th in the ATP rankings and had won Queens that year. That Celtic team were pretty poor, and one league in Scotland isn't quite the same as the expected gulf here.

Shhhhhh. Nae c**t can mention Berwick Sevco! Deal?

Before my lifetime, so you should be safe ;)

Archived