Friday night Falkirk v Queens

A core support and an average home gate are two totally different things, something you might experience if you ever get to the top flight.

Sorry I meant average home support. Am I incorrect in thinking the mighty Falkirk don't have around 4,000 fans if team on the park was producing the goods. Sorry if I over estimated your support it's difficult when for most of my recent life you have been a slightly less diddy side than mine.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I meant average home support. Am I incorrect in thinking the mighty Falkirk don't have around 4,000 fans if team on the park was producing the goods. Sorry if I over estimated your support it's difficult when for most of my recent life you have been a slightly less diddy side than mine.

No you are correct but they haven't been producing the goods in the league so to speak for a while. I stated earlier why Falkirk are at this level at the moment, mismanagement. I'm sure we will return one day to the top flight. At least we've been up there in my lifetime. Just knowing the likes of Inverness and Hamilton (okay, Ross County had a bit more cash behind them) getting promoted and maintaining their position whilst having budgets not too far apart from Queens must be frustrating

Surely when you see the likes of Inverness, Ross County and Hamilton, you're disappointed your club hasn't had a go in the top flight? The reason we are down here is due to mismanagement, what's Queens excuse?

Willie Harkness who became chairman a couple of years after we left the top flight, stayed 30 years and ran the club right into the ground.

It's been a long slow recovery process under successive boards each of whom have moved the club forward.

I have hope that the present board could eventually see us back in the top flight

No you are correct but they haven't been producing the goods in the league so to speak for a while. I stated earlier why Falkirk are at this level at the moment, mismanagement. I'm sure we will return one day to the top flight. At least we've been up there in my lifetime. Just knowing the likes of Inverness and Hamilton (okay, Ross County had a bit more cash behind them) getting promoted and maintaining their position whilst having budgets not too far apart from Queens must be frustrating

I think you would have to find a roaster of a queens fan who would be "frustrated" that we haven't been promoted. Like palmy cammy said the year we were top for a brief spell we were part time and never expected to challenge for the league. Other years we have failed to make the most of some half chances to have a tilt at it but never been in a possession to get frustrated at not gaining promotion. The Gus season was frustrating but then the following season was my favourite season following queens.

I'd be fascinated if you had information on the budgets at Hamilton and Inverness but I'd be surprised if we were anywhere near them, certainly Inverness would have been way beyond us. Not certain about Hamilton.

Guest Back Post Misses

We just ain't good enough for the top league at this exact moment, once Rangers and hibs go up would fancy us if we keep the same model in place to challenge. If we had a core support of around 4k I would be asking serious questions of the club only finishing 5th in the second tier.

Some have asked questions but a fair bit of the Falkirk support has been suckered in by the Board into accepting the mediocrity provided since we were relegated.

Our Board are happy where they are as are many of our fans.

Our Board are happy where they are as are many of our fans.

Where can I meet happy to be in the Championship Falkirk fans?

Watching St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross C and Inverness sit a league above us is driving me nuts.

Embarrassing wee village teams at best

Guest Back Post Misses

I'd be fascinated if you had information on the budgets at Hamilton and Inverness but I'd be surprised if we were anywhere near them, certainly Inverness would have been way beyond us. Not certain about Hamilton.

Inverness have people pumping in cash and Hamilton make a shed load of cash from hire of office space at their ground. So much so that even when you take Falkirk's extra ST and the amount we pay for our rent to the stadium company I believe we start around 150k+ behind them. That alone shows how bad our stadium set up is.

Where can I meet happy to be in the Championship Falkirk fans?

Watching St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross C and Inverness sit a league above us is driving me nuts.

Embarrassing wee village teams at best

Inverness and St Johnstone are both city teams, they should both be lower premier league teams.

Falkirk are probably a little below where they should be. Queens are about right.

Archived