Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Well I don't pretend to be a tennis expert and who's to say what internal friction there may have been between them that was as counter-productive as it was productive.

I think that's clearly the implication. Who knows what Gilbert is like to work with.

Ultimately it is Murray's career and he can do what he wants. It does expose the folly of the LTA paying for a 3 year contract for a single player's coach when they can just decide to ditch him as and when they want.

• 2 months later...

A Murray-less GB against Argentina, on clay, in Buenos Aires? Even with Murray this was going to end in disaster but this is now going to be a raping. It's the sporting equivalent of sending 12 year old girls into war with a pea shooter.

The LTA (or whoever is in charge of the sport in this country) should do the decent thing and forfeit the tie now. It's for their own good.

A Murray-less GB against Argentina, on clay, in Buenos Aires? Even with Murray this was going to end in disaster but this is now going to be a raping. It's the sporting equivalent of sending 12 year old girls into war with a pea shooter.

The LTA (or whoever is in charge of the sport in this country) should do the decent thing and forfeit the tie now. It's for their own good.

We might come close to winning a doubles match but except from that it's gonna be pretty dire.

Is Arvind Palmer still hanging about the squad? I've seen him a good 10 or so times on tv, and can't remember him winning a set

Is Arvind Palmer still hanging about the squad?

He retired.

We played Australia a couple of years back with Alan Mackin and Bogdanovic. It was predictably short. This will be worse.

Murray didn't fancy the challenge. Poor effort.

Edited by Hieronymous_Bosch

Even his own brother is calling him a shitebag today.

That's a pretty low point.

Yep. Wondering what the odds are on us getting completely grannied in this one. We'd be as well playing Titus Bramble in one of the rubbers.

Yep. Wondering what the odds are on us getting completely grannied in this one. We'd be as well playing Titus Bramble in one of the rubbers.

We won't win a set in the 5 matches.

Lloyd will claim it's been good experience for the likes of Jamie Baker, but he's never going to be a player anyway, so it is irrelevant experience.

The same pish was trotted out when Mackin and Bogdanovic played Australia away. That experience they got led to Mackin retiring after achieving f'ck all and Bogdanovic continuing with the same level of pish.

We won't win a set in the 5 matches.

Lloyd will claim it's been good experience for the likes of Jamie Baker, but he's never going to be a player anyway, so it is irrelevant experience.

The same pish was trotted out when Mackin and Bogdanovic played Australia away. That experience they got led to Mackin retiring after achieving f'ck all and Bogdanovic continuing with the same level of pish.

I agree. Might be as well giving the Lloyd brothers a run out. At least they will be able to deal with the trauma

I agree. Might be as well giving the Lloyd brothers a run out. At least they will be able to deal with the trauma

I'd have brought back Jamie Delgado.

He's already suffered through every possible Davis Cup humiliation. One more would have made no difference.

Couldn't argue with a word that Jamie Murray said - when your brother says things like that publicly, you know it's not as simple as injury.

Andy's been saying for ages that he probably wouldn't play much Davis Cup because he'll prioritise ranking events, but when he's not played in 3 weeks thanks to his early Australian Open exit, surely he should've been raring to go for tomorrow? With him, we might've had a small chance. Without him, and as HB said, we'll probably lose 13 sets to 0 (with the last two matches being dead best-of-three singles rubbers).

edit - BBC reports that he's committed himself to our next match, either a quarter final in April (:lol:) or a play-off in September. Is that unless he suffers a first round exit at Wimbledon or Flushing Meadows?

Edited by codfish

Couldn't argue with a word that Jamie Murray said - when your brother says things like that publicly, you know it's not as simple as injury.

In fairness, I pre-empted Jamie Murray by about a week in saying it certainly wasn't injury. It was lack of bottle - and I was proved right ;)

In fairness, I pre-empted Jamie Murray by about a week in saying it certainly wasn't injury. It was lack of bottle - and I was proved right ;)

Aye, but you're a cynic anyway, and you're not related to him :P

It was fairly obvious that it wasn't solely down to injury from the outset, given his lack of matches.

It was fairly obvious that it wasn't solely down to injury from the outset, given his lack of matches.

And his history and previous media pish.

Lloyd is fucked. I imagine he wants to come out and call him a disgrace, but can't as Murray will use it as an excuse to withdraw for good.

I would resign if I was Lloyd.

And his history and previous media pish.

Lloyd is fucked. I imagine he wants to come out and call him a disgrace, but can't as Murray will use it as an excuse to withdraw for good.

I would resign if I was Lloyd.

I wouldnt its a total skive of a job. How many matches a year do they play ? 3, 4? Its not like selection will keep him up nights...the Murray brothers plus an other. Probably get a 6 fig salary for it as well and a couple of nice trips away from home. Nobody has any expectation either so must be the cushiest national coaching job going.

I wouldnt its a total skive of a job. How many matches a year do they play ? 3, 4? Its not like selection will keep him up nights...the Murray brothers plus an other. Probably get a 6 fig salary for it as well and a couple of nice trips away from home. Nobody has any expectation either so must be the cushiest national coaching job going.

Aye, I suppse you have a point. I don't think Lloyd needs the bucks though - I'm sure he is well loaded.

Maybe he gets to play away from home as well - that could explain why he's still so chirpy they are in Argentina for a ritual massacre.

• 4 weeks later...

4/1 he was as well. Sweet.

He destroyed Federer. Although Federer didn't have the best of games, he just couldn't deal with the change of pace Murray continually put on the ball. Murray was exceptional today.