Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Some of the tennis shots Federer was playing were amazing. Yet he still lost. There isn't a better player in the world right now than Murray. He must really fancy his chances in the Australian Open.

I agree with DomDom. Although it's an opportunity lost for any of the big four if they don't win a major, this time Murray goes into the tournament with some justification for thinking he is the favourite, which is testament to an unbelievable rise in the last 6 months which not even those who really believe in him (apart from maybe himself) could have expected. I still would have him marginally behind Federer if only for the U.S. Open result and experience at the business end of slams, but I'd have him above Nadal and Djokovic at the moment.

Edited to add: in terms of the Aussie Open, not world terms before anyone slaughters me. Although I do think he is better than Djokovic full stop, Djokovic I think still has his number to an extent. Nadal is struggling physically at the moment a little bit and this is his weakest surface.

Edited by Virtual Insanity

Dismantled Roddick 6-4 6-2 in the final, it was fun to watch in almost a cruel way today, the vast majority of players in the world just have no idea what to do to beat Murray, he's really got that mental edge now that Djokovic arguably doesn't have in half beating his opponents before they step on court a la Federer or Nadal. I'm most intrigued this season though to see how he steps up on clay.

Nadal is really the only thing that stands between him and a Major.

Love to see him do it as Dom says it is his surface,just hope the pressure does not get too great.Remmber what it did to Tim...........

Nadal is really the only thing that stands between him and a Major.

Love to see him do it as Dom says it is his surface,just hope the pressure does not get too great.Remmber what it did to Tim...........

Nadal will still take alot of beating on the slower courts of clay and grass, however Murray has already proven he can beat Nadal on hard surfaces. Federer is a more dangerous opponent than Nadal on those services but Murray knows he can beat Federer. Murray has the ability to be number one in the world, it is a case of asking is he mentally ready? I think he is. I still think the occasion got to Murray in the US Open final, and for that I would still have Federer as favourite for the tournament.

It's Murray's time. I don't think he'll have a better chance of winning a major than this, with Djokovic and Federer a bit ropey, and Nadal still appearing burnt out.

It really is amazing how he's progressed recently. It's got to the stage where I'd be shocked if Federer beat him, whereas a year or two ago it seemed a massive deal when Murray managed to win against him.

The comparisons with Tim are a bit off considering Murray's a better player, and seems to have an incredible temperament at the moment. He's just got the edge over everyone, and nobody seems to know how to play him tactically. Read the other day that he got told off for speaking to his coach by a line judge, and then went on to win 23 out of the next 24 points.

Edited by The Arch

If Murray Wins the Australian Open i think itll just give him the boost he needs to finish 2nd in the world rankings by the end of the year ;)

watch this space

1.Nadal

2. Murray

3.Djokovic

4.Federer

However he wont win wimbeldon sorry lads <_<

The most impressive thing is how well he does against individuals once he proves to himself that he can actually beat them. his record against Federer is awesome. On the flipside there will be a huge amount of expectation on him to win a Slam tourney this year, and if it doesnt happen it will be used as a stick to beat him with. With Nadal struggling for fitness though he may never get a better year for it.