Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Pray tell, what is this percentage this season? How high is stupidly high?

1-6 v Verdasco AO 4th rd

1-6 v Nadal Indian Wells final

No 0-6 sets until Gonzo.

and erm.....that's it!

Murray has had an amazing 1st half of the season compared to last year and he now approaches the half where he comes alive.

After the grass he'll be nigh on unstoppable. People who know tennis will realise this.

He's more than halved his seeding for each of the slams between 08 & 09 which gives you all the indications you need to know about where he's headed. That kind of statistic is incredibly hard to do when you're already in the top 10.

1-6 v Verdasco AO 4th rd

No 0-6 sets until Gonzo.

and erm.....that's it!

Murray has had an amazing 1st half of the season compared to last year and he now approaches the half where he comes alive.

After the grass he'll be nigh on unstoppable. People who know tennis will realise this.

He's more than halved his seeding for each of the slams between 08 & 09 which gives you all the indications you need to know about where he's headed. That kind of statistic is incredibly hard to do when you're already in the top 10.

Murray, at wimbledon, will get put out by a big server before the semi finals. Someone along the lines of Del Potro, or thomas berdych

1-6 v Verdasco AO 4th rd

No 0-6 sets until Gonzo.

and erm.....that's it!

Okay, so thats 3 matches. Now, how many has he played this season, and this will give us his percentage? Dubs?

Murray, at wimbledon, will get put out by a big server before the semi finals. Someone along the lines of Del Potro, or thomas berdych

Del Potro isnt that big a server, not compared to Roddick.

Edited by Widge

:lol: @ Nadal

Didn't he play every clay tournament up till the French? Then he loses and all of a sudden "ooh my knees!"

Fair enough some of those events were mandatory but still, defending his Wimbledon crown without a proper grass warm-up? I suspect there may more to this and a big chance he'll pull out of SW19 too, knee problems don't just go away.

Nadal always has had problems with his knees, that has been aparent for a while now as every now and again he doesnt play a tournament.

good news for Murray, hopefull he can win Queens, his biggest threat as for as I am concerned is Gael Monfils, he is incredibly dangerous.

Nadal always has had problems with his knees, that has been aparent for a while now as every now and again he doesnt play a tournament.

good news for Murray, hopefull he can win Queens, his biggest threat as for as I am concerned is Gael Monfils, he is incredibly dangerous.

True but now it's starting to affect him earlier in the season. It's not usually till after the US open that he's a busted flush but his knees are becoming a bigger factor every passing season.

Murray being favourite for Queens worries me, though it will be a great indicator for Wimbledon if he can take it all in his stride.

Anyone know when Murray will take to the court for his Second Round match ?

I know he's playing Andreas Seppi of Italy and it will probably be tomorrow but not sure when.

Indeed, which is why Federer will probably play on into his mid 30's and win at least another 4 Slams as Nadal will be lucky to last another 3 years at the top level.

My money is on Federer retiring in 2012 after winning the Olympic Gold to complete the Gold Slam.

No chance, Murray is a sensational returner of the ball.

Berdych wont make it past Round 3

Indeed, which is why Federer will probably play on into his mid 30's and win at least another 4 Slams as Nadal will be lucky to last another 3 years at the top level.

Kind of agree about Nadal. He puts his body through hell even when he wins 6-0 6-0. Wouldn't surprise me if he packed it in around his mid to late 20's.

Andy and Hewitt have won their first round doubles match against Roddick and Ram.

Jamie plays his doubles match tomorrow I think.

Murray and Hewitt combo, whoever is on the end of that pairing, must be thinking it is near enough the quickest double act ever. Genius.

Aslo a great way to get more games on the grass.