Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

On a side note, Is there any chance of Andy Roddick ever breaking his opponents serve before he retires? Or will he just win or lose matches 7-6 7-6 for the rest of his career?

By the time Wimbledon is complete Rafa Nadal will lose 2000 points, after Wimbledon is complete and the points have dropped off and this years have been added Rafa Nadal will have 10735 points. If Murray went on and won Wimbledon he would end up on 10730 points. Murray will lose the 0 points marked against him for withdrawing from Indianapolis and his win at Queen's will be added to his total when this drops. Would this be enough for him to become World Number One? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

It is also concievable that the top four could be seperated by as little as 845 points by the end of Wimbledon if Djokovuc won beating Murray in the Final and Federer was defeated by Djokovic in the semi final. That would see the rankings:

Nadal 10735

Federer 9940

Murray 9930

Djokovic 9890

The interesting thing now is if Federer wins, he returns to the number one ranking. If Murray were to win, he would be only 5 points behind Nadal in the rankings, 10,735 to 10,730 , with 250 points to be gained on 20th July. He would take over as world number one on that date since Murray, Nadal and Federer won't be playing in the two weeks after Wimbledon. The title means more than the ranking, but it means there's a bit more to play for as Murray could achieve both his ambitions of winning a major and becoming world number one in one go.

Should have checked the gambling forum first instead of pissing about trying to work it out myself, I would have saved myself twenty minutes!

He won the Challenger event. He does seem a bit of a player. Hopefully over the next few years Wimbledon will turn into a Tennent's and chips fest rather than Pimm's and strawberries!

Just on impulse, I went back to page 1. This is brilliant. :D

Just your standard Murray article...

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews...s-on.5421383.jp

...but with one interesting quote:

But the man who upset some people south of the Border with a quip about the England football team clammed up when asked if he would be cheering on England in the Ashes cricket series. He slumped on to the desk, head in hands, before recovering his composure to say: "Yeah, let's go to the next one."

Why the hell would you ask this question? It seems an utterly stupid, and even malicious question to ask.

Agreed - stupid question.

Tennis interviewers are among the worst for the most inane, pointless drivel.

On that note, read a good article about the pointlessness of Twitter and why anyone could possibly care that Andy Murray is "relaxing with his dog, which is cool".

Who reads the twitterings of dull tennis players?

Agreed - stupid question.

Tennis interviewers are among the worst for the most inane, pointless drivel.

On that note, read a good article about the pointlessness of Twitter and why anyone could possibly care that Andy Murray is "relaxing with his dog, which is cool".

Who reads the twitterings of dull tennis players?

Who reads the "Twitterings" of anyone? :huh:

I don't "get" Twitter at all.

Me neither. I can understand people posting stuff up, sort of like keeping a diary....but I don't see why anyone would be interested in reading it!

Me neither. I can understand people posting stuff up, sort of like keeping a diary....but I don't see why anyone would be interested in reading it!

Would depend on the content.

I don't know how the rankings work, but if Murray wins Wimbledon can he move up the rankings?

Yes, he can make it to #1 if he wins but not til a couple weeks after Wimbledon when the Queens points are added.

However, he'll almost certainly lose it again after the next masters series as Federer has little points to defend so he would more than likely return to top seed with Murray #2 and Nadal #3!!

But yes, Murray would be #1 in the world if he wins Wimbledon :) - if only for 2 weeks

I dont know if twitterers read each others' inane ramblings, creating a huge circle jerk.

It appears to be huge at the minute, though I can see it being a fad that will last 6 months tops.

People's lives are very boring, especially tennis players.

I don't know how the rankings work, but if Murray wins Wimbledon can he move up the rankings?
Yes, he can make it to #1 if he wins but not til a couple weeks after Wimbledon when the Queens points are added.

However, he'll almost certainly lose it again after the next masters series as Federer has little points to defend so he would more than likely return to top seed with Murray #2 and Nadal #3!!

But yes, Murray would be #1 in the world if he wins Wimbledon :) - if only for 2 weeks

If he wins Wimbledon he'll move up to 2nd in the rankings, 5 points behind Nadal.

When his 0 points for Indianapolis drop off at the back end of July and are replaced by the 250 he got at Queens he'll probably go to No 1 though I guess it would depend on who gets what points at Indy this year maybe?

If he doesn't win Wimbledon on the other hand (and presuming Federer does) he'll remain 3rd and is more likley to lose ground on Federer between now and the US Open than gain it. His position relative to Nadal would depend on whether or not Nadal gets back to playing immediately.