Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

from what i hear he was still a bit sketchy with his serving. hopefully he wont get found out against the bigger opponents on it

It said in the radio this morning his 1st serve percentage was something like 33%. That's rather gash.

Does anyone else 'lol' when they hear critics, and Murray himself, say his serve is one of his strengths? I'd say it's his biggest weakness. More specifically, his 50mph 2nd serve.

Does anyone else 'lol' when they hear critics, and Murray himself, say his serve is one of his strengths? I'd say it's his biggest weakness. More specifically, his 50mph 2nd serve.

Cringe rather than LOL. Otherwise agree. smile.gif

Little bit slack in parts against Serra but through in 3 sets anyway.

Next up John Isner, 6 foot 9 big hitter. Murray's had too much for him in the past but Isner is improving and knocked out Roddick at last year's US Open. I'd still take Murray to come through it but I'd rather he was playing Monfils.

Next up John Isner, 6 foot 9 big hitter. Murray's had too much for him in the past but Isner is improving and knocked out Roddick at last year's US Open. I'd still take Murray to come through it but I'd rather he was playing Monfils.

i'd like to think he ll have enough to take him. His returning is still up there as arguably the best on the tour. If his returning is at his usual par, then i dont doubt seeing him go through to the next round.

But this really is the time when murray needs to step it up. He's made a good habit of coming through his first three matches comfortably, but then managed to destroy all the hard work around this time fairly quickly.

:huh:

They've never met before.

I was thinking the same. Fuctifano is possibly thinking of Taylor Dent, another big-serving Y(w)ank.

I wouldn't normally have noticed but GMTV this morning made a point of specifically mentioning they'd never met so following Fuctifano's comment I went to the ATP website to check. Confirms they've never met.

I'm liking the casual reaction to it all. A couple of years ago, a British guy in the fourth round of the Aussie open would have caused hysterics, hell, two years ago, there would be saturation coverage. Now, its all very blasé, people just expect him to do well. Its a good sign!

I'm liking the casual reaction to it all.

If you are in the top 4 or 5 in the world, Grand Slams really don't begin until the last 16.

The reaction is casual because he has beaten nobodies so far. Isner will be a decent win.