Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've not been posting here since then... Are there any survivors from the early pages?

Very impressive...

Me! 

My first post on it was on my 35th birthday. I'm 50 now. 😅

Edited by StewartyMac

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I just hope we're not going to get another of these blubbing interviews.

I’d rather watch ten of those “blubbing interviews” than read one of your posts. 

On 14/08/2005 at 17:03, Guest WEE BOB said:

Is he any good at football? :unsure:

The reason I ask is that he's bound to hit the net a few more times than we've been doing recently.

Oh how times have changed...😪

On 17/08/2005 at 22:16, ALL HÚNS 'n' **** ARE SCUM said:

He's had the trainer on already.

I'm beginning to dislike Murray with his constant excuses and refusing to go through the pain barrier.

Great take mate.

On 03/09/2005 at 00:19, StewartyMac said:

Looks like you spoke to soon.

There's always drama with Murray. :D

Prophetic.

On 03/09/2005 at 00:58, ALL HÚNS 'n' **** ARE SCUM said:

He's a Dunblane softy without the bottle.

Aye, all the takes.

On 03/09/2005 at 16:24, Guest Insight said:

So he gets to 5 sets against Nalbandian and crumbles

Gets to 5 sets against Pavel and has to have a 20 minute break while he pukes his guts up and therefore upsets Pavel's rythmn

Last night he gets to 5 sets and gets the trainer

He is 18 FFS and should be in his physical prime!

Belter.

@StewartyMac pointed out that the thread has been going since 2005 so I thought I'd read it from the start and pull out some quotes from the first year.

When do I get to "He'll never make the top 10, he'll win a slam, he'll never be number 1"?

Edited by GordonS

On 31/08/2005 at 00:47, Fuctifano said:

Brilliant! Can I go to my bed now?

Be interesting to see Murray's 1st serve percentage in those last few games- about 15% I reckon.

That was superb drama, he had it won, then lost, then won again. The overrule probably won it for him, Pavel went into a sulk and it stopped the momentum he'd been building up since the resumption post-spew.

Britain's number 1 :)

33 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

By the way, it's mental to think this thread started back in 2005 when he was on the challenger tour as a teenager, been quite the journey. 

The post above shows that some things never change... 

Me! 
My first post on it was on my 35th birthday. I'm 50 now. [emoji28]
And me.
I've been on here since end of 2005 but can't find using the app when I first posted on this thread - would've been reading it though.

Though I'm a bit younger at 34 now.

Trawled the start of the thread and found some beltters...

He's had the trainer on already.
I'm beginning to dislike Murray with his constant excuses and refusing to go through the pain barrier.
Hmm
Thought he was poor last night. Even the second set Safin self destructed.
Hopefully a warning to stop people getting carried away. Still a long way to go before he is the real deal.
Hb pouring some cold water early on...
He's a Dunblane softy without the bottle.
Who the f**k was this c**t?
Murray is a bit of a disgrace. After his shameful display at the Davis Cup at Braehead I can't find it in me to support him anymore. His constant whining and excuse making was stretching my patience a bit but that outburst just finished it for me - until he grows up - a lot - I will not be supporting him whatsoever.
Another c**t.
I can't stand Andy Murray.
Rugster??
Im with you Ruginald - he has a face you couldnt tire of slapping, and a boring monotonous voice.
Ooft.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Trawled the start of the thread and found some beltters...

HmmHb pouring some cold water early on... Who the f**k was this c**t? Another c**t. Rugster??Ooft.

Nice bit of research there, mate.

The boy Murray has been putting me through the ringer since 2005! 16 bloody years of nerve jangling sport of the highest quality. What a fucking man!!

My first memory of Murray is being told he had won at Wimbledon in 2005 while I was out with pals by a man who has long since died. It's been a long time!

On 15/08/2005 at 00:41, Fuctifano said:

He won the Challenger event. He does seem a bit of a player. Hopefully over the next few years Wimbledon will turn into a Tennent's and chips fest rather than Pimm's and strawberries!

Post 4 on the thread. Sadly Wimbledon remains a c**t fest. 

Never knew there was an Andy Murray thread until tonight. Absorbing and frustrating in so many different ways this was a supreme effort by the guy. Despite me swearing more tonight than in any of the Euro matches I was desperately wanting him to win and I am delighted. Well done Andy. Can I watch another such contest on Friday -you bet!