Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Just said the US is his favourite tourney. Not going to go down well with the Wimbers faithful. :rolleyes: B)

He mentioned that on Soccer AM as well.

The Americans really are glory hunting buggers though, a weakness of character in my opinion. Much like supporting the OF when you have a local team 2 minutes down the road.

What's all this about bad blood between Federer and Murray? I can't imagine Federer having a bad word to say about anyone, or falling out with anyone?

In anycase, Annabel Croft would get it all ways, particularly up the ronson.

He mentioned that on Soccer AM as well.

The Americans really are glory hunting buggers though, a weakness of character in my opinion. Much like supporting the OF when you have a local team 2 minutes down the road.

To be fair, if he weren't Scottish, Andy Murray would be up there with Will Carling and Shane Warne as one of the least likeable professional athletes. He's a complete cock, and I'm sure it won't just be in America where the locals back anyone who is playing him. The churlish press conferences do nothing to win support either.

To be fair, if he weren't Scottish, Andy Murray would be up there with Will Carling and Shane Warne as one of the least likeable professional athletes. He's a complete cock, and I'm sure it won't just be in America where the locals back anyone who is playing him. The churlish press conferences do nothing to win support either.

Ah, good old Abu McHamza! I just knew you couldn't resist. :D

What a great game of tennis that was though, really skillful from both players, really exciting, and Im so pleased that Murray won! I was going to go to my dads for a few days, but I shall be staying here and watching the tennis instead now. Mon the Murray! :D

Ah, good old Abu McHamza! I just knew you couldn't resist. :D

What a great game of tennis that was though, really skillful from both players, really exciting, and Im so pleased that Murray won! I was going to go to my dads for a few days, but I shall be staying here and watching the tennis instead now. Mon the Murray! :D

It was a feckin terrific game, and hopefully Henman Hill and Canadian Gregg will be consigned to history.

The match as a whole mayn't have rivalled it but there were rallies easily on a par with what Federer & Nadal came up with at Wimbledon earlier this year.

Murray was a cert. to win this one - it was just coming to a head! The law of averages almost seemed applicable! He had to beat him sometime and he had came so close last year in the last 16 of the Australian open and then arguably even closer in the Rogers' minor, Montreal, prior to the US Open major itself.

Murray beat Nadal at his own game, big time. He's been trying it for a while now but he's ground it out at last.

Attacked the ball on the bounce early, didn't hit anything short, murdered Nadal when he dropped anything short himself. Pound for pound Murray matched him in the strokes. Just sublime altogether. First serve was excellent, prayed on Nadal's second and done brilliantly with the returns on his first. Sumptuous tennis, really top drawer.

Very harsh and unfair I would say. I quite like his manner these days. His temperament has improved a lot over the past few months and he seems to be channeling his aggression positively on court. He's very laid back in his interviews and has a dry sense of humour. Despite most of the crowd rooting for Nadal tonight - although partly due to them wanting a fifth set - I understand the American public quite like Murray.

Shane Warne? The guy was a fucking genius you total c**t.

I like the fact Murray gets up your nose. That means he is a good guy in my book. <_<

You were right about Will Carling though to be fair.

Edited by Reynard