Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

3 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I'm a tennis fanatic, and absolutely love the 'Girny loon', but there is certainly an argument to be had that Jim Clark was something very special and may be Scotland's greatest ever sportsman.

Clark is venerated by generations of racing drivers as being one of, if not the most naturally gifted racing drivers ever to have lived (along with the likes of Fangio and Senna).

Now I'm not a huge motor racing fan, but my brother in-law is, and has been since the 60's,  He tells me that in all that time, nobody comes close to Clark as a driver, he rates him higher than Senna (who he thinks is closest to Clark).

I like to think of Murray as the greatest, but there is a certain calibre of individual, that famously won a race by a country mile, whilst only steering with one hand, because his gearbox was broken and he had to use his other hand to hold the gearstick in.

Yours

aDONis

Good post, mate, and Jim Clark is definitely in the pantheon of Scottish sporting greats and I have no idea why @TheScarftook such umbrage here.  Unusually strange posting from him.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

According to Cameron his Dad's got a "filthy Scottish accent".

Cammy's auld man is also a big Rangers man so I'm in.  

Djokovic giving hope to all us club players by pulling off a double double fault in his tie breaker with Kuda. Still won it of course, and marches through in straight sets.
Imperious and ominous looking.

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Murray might be struggling to get done tonight if this Evans game goes the distance. 

Could be a blessing.  Come out, play well at the start, have his wobble, 11pm comes, have a break then come back tomorrow and play well at the start again.

It’s been his pattern in this tournament.

Does anyone know if Andy can drive an F1 car btw?

Almost 7pm, would it not be a good idea to just shut the roof before Murray comes out for his game, save them faffing about with it later?

That said, the Canadian will probably wrap it up relatively quickly. 

2 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Almost 7pm, would it not be a good idea to just shut the roof before Murray comes out for his game, save them faffing about with it later?

That said, the Canadian will probably wrap it up relatively quickly. 

No way!

The closing of the roof is part of what is written in the stars

Evans, whilst a decent pro, simply doesn't have the serve or power to compete beyond his current top 30-ish level.

Korda looks decent going forward as he's only turning 21 on Monday.

Murray time now.
Will need to flick between tennis & Euros though.