Rhodeswatch

F_T_Y

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Rhodes deal falls through on wages.

I suspect the £60,000 per week figure mentioned earlier is pretty much on the money, and certainly would explain why this keeps happening.

Maybe not such a bad thing in this case as I think he can get a better move than that.

Another Rhodes deal falls through on wages.

I suspect the £60,000 per week figure mentioned earlier is pretty much on the money, and certainly would explain why this keeps happening.

Maybe not such a bad thing in this case as I think he can get a better move than that.

Another? This is the first time since he's been at Blackburn that a bid has been accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Good move for the lad, he needs to be playing in the premiership next season to enhance his Scotland chances. Shite place to live though Boro.

You do realise that footballers on ridiculous wages don't live in the town centre of the team they play for? :lol:

The place he's living is absolutely sensational.

• 4 weeks later...

See he was on the bench again tonight as Boro lost at Rotherham.

Is he struggling for fitness or can't he force himself into being a first 11 regular?

David Nugent played ahead of him FFS.

See he was on the bench again tonight as Boro lost at Rotherham.

Is he struggling for fitness or can't he force himself into being a first 11 regular?

David Nugent played ahead of him FFS.

Hasnt scored since signing n missed a few sitters apparently....making me look n utter arse ( as usual ) for moaning bout wgs ignoring him

Hasnt scored since signing n missed a few sitters apparently....making me look n utter arse ( as usual ) for moaning bout wgs ignoring him

Didn't he come off the bench and score a 90th minute equaliser against MK Dons?

He's scored one goal and has one assist in 8 appearances (4 starts, 4 sub). He's played ok, but capable of, and expect him to start producing, better before the season is out once he gets more comfortable with Karanka's system. Has been getting in to decent positions but squandering chances when they arrive. Still hopeful he'll come good.

It's certainly been a quiet start from him goals-wise. However, Boro fans seem to be really happy with his style of play. Some were praising how - although he isn't a nippy, fast striker - he works really hard, always finding space, losing his marker, getting on the end of chances and generally panicking the opposition. In contrast they seem to think Nugent is a donkey, but Karanka clearly sees a role for 1 of Rhodes or Nugent in some games and both of them in the odd game (I'd have thought Rotherham would be the kind of game you'd try both). 

Archived