Rhodeswatch

F_T_Y

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who says Rhodes is like martin needs there heed seen too. He looks more mobile and fitter since his move

Agree with this. Watching the highlights yesterday he tracked back on a few occasions right up to his teams own penalty area. Can't remember seeing that at all in his time at Rovers.

Agree with this. Watching the highlights yesterday he tracked back on a few occasions right up to his teams own penalty area. Can't remember seeing that at all in his time at Rovers.

He definitely did do that at Rovers - I posted about it on here a year or two ago. I think he is doing it more now tho, and his game is better\will improve after 4 years of treading water as a target man at Blackburn

His finishing at Championship level is unbelievable.  Does he ever not his the ball perfectly clean? His equaliser at the Reebok on Saturday was glorious.

His finishing at Championship level is unbelievable. Does he ever not his the ball perfectly clean? His equaliser at the Reebok on Saturday was glorious.

Don't know if this is serious or not, but the answer to your question is 100% no. He scuffs the ball a lot and often is unable to control or pass the ball as well. He needs to get a lot of chances every game to score just one (which he gets at Boro when they're playing shit every week) but he wouldn't get five great chances every Scotland game.

Don't know if this is serious or not, but the answer to your question is 100% no. He scuffs the ball a lot and often is unable to control or pass the ball as well. He needs to get a lot of chances every game to score just one (which he gets at Boro when they're playing shit every week) but he wouldn't get five great chances every Scotland game.

Really don't agree with that. Watched him a lot and his finishing is class. This must be the 1st time he's played at one of the best teams in a league too.

He was in the press recently talking about how he values scuffed goals as much/even more than wonder strikes because he knows how much fighting usually has to go into those less glamorous strikes. Both of his goals vs Bolton were unorthodox/pure opportunism. 

Fair point abouthim getting 1 or at best 2 or 3 chances for Scotland in any one game, but it's the same for all Scotland strikers, and Fletcher, Naismith and especially Griffiths are more guilty of needing to miss a handful of chances before bagging one.

Absolute mince, but even if there was a modicum of truth the fact still remains he is easily the best finisher Scotland have. Therefore he is more likely to take any chance presented to him than any other striker we could pick.

Seen him play a good few times for Blackburn and never been impressed. Infact, I've been more impressed with Tony Watt. Watt actually works hard for the team and has an underrated bit of pace about him. Tbh I've been more impressed with Craig Conway than I have with Rhodes.

Isn't half the player Ross McCormack is never mind the regular picks like Fletcher and Griffiths.

Seen him play a good few times for Blackburn and never been impressed. Infact, I've been more impressed with Tony Watt. Watt actually works hard for the team and has an underrated bit of pace about him. Tbh I've been more impressed with Craig Conway than I have with Rhodes.

Isn't half the player Ross McCormack is never mind the regular picks like Fletcher and Griffiths.

When Watt gets within a million miles of the scoring rate Rhodes has been at for the best part of a decade you can make that comparison.

A lot of strikers aren't particularly impressive in their overall play, but Rhodes scores goals and that is priceless, especially to a team like Scotland.

He's scored again tonight. Drought clearly over. If he scores like this in the Prem next season and Strachan doesn't play him then he's officially lost the plot. Say what you want about "the system", if he doesn't fit we need to find a way to make him fit, it's not very often a Scottish player has his goal scoring ability and he's still only 26.

He's scored again tonight. Drought clearly over. If he scores like this in the Prem next season and Strachan doesn't play him then he's officially lost the plot. Say what you want about "the system", if he doesn't fit we need to find a way to make him fit, it's not very often a Scottish player has his goal scoring ability and he's still only 26.

Re 'The System TM', the encouraging thing is Rhodes is playing in a 4231 for Boro, so if he continues and does well in the EPL, then the 'he can't play that role' argument vanishes.

Archived