Playstation Plus Games

Fide

Tried to d/l resident evil last night. Left it over night and only about an eighth finished. Is that normal?

For some people it's fine but Playstation's downloads always start normally for me then about 400mb it just plummets to a few kbs no fucking idea what they're on.

Has anyone been playing Resident Evil?  I forgot how cumbersome the controls were and how bad some of the camera angles in rooms were.  Despite the touching up of the graphics etc the game feels really dated.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Has anyone been playing Resident Evil?  I forgot how cumbersome the controls were and how bad some of the camera angles in rooms were.  Despite the touching up of the graphics etc the game feels really dated.

Was going to post similar. I've never played any of the RE games and had high hopes for this. Got to the first room and switched it off a few minutes later the controls and camera angles are horrible. 

Transformers doesn't look like something I'd enjoy but might give it a try. 

1 hour ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Was going to post similar. I've never played any of the RE games and had high hopes for this. Got to the first room and switched it off a few minutes later the controls and camera angles are horrible. 

Transformers doesn't look like something I'd enjoy but might give it a try. 

Transformers seems pretty pish too but if you can figure out how to invert the Y axis can you let me know?

Haven't played it very long because I just can't do uninverted.

I prefer the old style RE. Camera angles add to the tension. Much preferable to the shite first person games you get these days and better than the action orientated genre RE later become.

If you haven't played resi when it first came out then the remastered one will feel clunky and dated and unplayable perhaps,

However if you're like me and played them to death, the remastered one feels smoother, and its a mind f**k as i mind the original and obviously the remastered version is now bigger with a different route through the game, i can remember step by step the original game, im lost on this so far and actually need to think about it :lol:

I think I played the first three resident evils when they first came out.  I absolutely loved them.  Playing and finishing Resident Evil 2 in under 2 hours with only using one herb was my proudest gaming achievement.  But the controls and that are just utter shite, you put up with them back then as you didn't know any better.  I haven't went into the control setup to see if you can change them, but if you can't I won't be playing it again.

Never played RE first time round and had a quick shot of it other night. The voice acting is hysterically bad and unsure if I'll persevere with it. I know gaming has moved on alot but I'm unsure why this was heralded as such a masterpiece of the time.

Well its not really fair to compare, the polish on the new version kinda hides the fact its a mid 90s game and as such there wasn't much like it at the time. Few games in the early 3d era really conveyed fear like resident evil.

I agree though it is a difficult game to go back to nowdays even with the new graphical sheen.