Playstation Plus Games

Fide

Gone Home has given me an itch for 'walking simulator' games if I'm being honest.  It's not a genre I've played before, but really enjoyed it.  More so than I thought I would, even though I slightly anticipated the ending.  I had a blast.  One of the appeals for me was being to sit down and finish it in one go.  The only other game I've done that with was Journey and that was probably one of my favourite games.

I was hoping to get a similar game as Gone Home this month with PS+, but I'll probably just download a couple of the suggestions above, cheers.  I've heard good thing about Firewatch(?) so I'll give that a go too.

I gave Furi quick shot last night as I could see the appeal in the idea, but it's poorly executed and quickly got deleted.  Don't even fancy downloading the other one ... there's always next month :lol:

I wasn't keen in Gone Home but Firewatch and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are excellent. The latter being one of my favourite games of all time.

5 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

I wasn't keen in Gone Home but Firewatch and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are excellent. The latter being one of my favourite games of all time.

I concur.  EGTR got me right in the feels. as the kids are saying these days.  The voice acting is breath taking.

Firewatch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture are all now on sale.

If I'm only going to get one (at least to start) what's the one to go for?

I think Firewatch is the one mostly likely to please everyone and it's a damn fine game. Rapture isn't to everyone's tastes but it's story really sung with me, plus it's visually stunning with an absolutely beautiful soundtrack.

For me the vanishing of Ethan carter, I dunno it just had more substance than other 'walking simulators' in that it has a really good story and actually has puzzles to do. Firewatch In hindsight was slightly disappointing, it has you anticipating what's to come and then just decides. "Oh by the way that thing we've been teasing you with has literally nothing to do with story" (filler basically). But was still pretty enjoyable to play through, performance was really bad at launch although might be fixed by now.

Also I really liked the detective aspect of TVoEC which there really needs to be more of. I was pretty gutted that murdered soul suspect is apparently a pile of cow dung

Everyone Gone to Rapture pissed me the f**k right off. I obviously took a wrong turn at one point and when I went back to the camera it wouldn't let me do anything. So I annoyingly restarted from earlier and even after doing bits I hadn't previously, it still wouldn't let me finish even though I was following the light. I've absolutely no interest in giving it another go now because it's so slow. If the guy could run I would go again but the one pace is extremely infuriating.

Can someone post a spoiler of the ending please.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Everyone Gone to Rapture pissed me the f**k right off. I obviously took a wrong turn at one point and when I went back to the camera it wouldn't let me do anything. So I annoyingly restarted from earlier and even after doing bits I hadn't previously, it still wouldn't let me finish even though I was following the light. I've absolutely no interest in giving it another go now because it's so slow. If the guy could run I would go again but the one pace is extremely infuriating.

Can someone post a spoiler of the ending please.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-11-you-can-actually-run-in-everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture

" By holding down R2, you will build up speed until you're sprinting, reaching the perfect speed for what little backtracking the game involves as you sound out every nook and cranny of the open-world map. The problem is that the game doesn't tell you about any of this. "

On 13/07/2016 at 11:11, SramTon said:

Firewatch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture are all now on sale.

If I'm only going to get one (at least to start) what's the one to go for?

EGTTR, for me.

As has been said, I have never experienced a game with a better soundtrack or voice acting.  And the story is genuinely affecting.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-11-you-can-actually-run-in-everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture

" By holding down R2, you will build up speed until you're sprinting, reaching the perfect speed for what little backtracking the game involves as you sound out every nook and cranny of the open-world map. The problem is that the game doesn't tell you about any of this. "

Cheers!

He surely thought about holding the R2 button?:lol:

Of course I did. It was the first button I went for before trying the toggle buttons.

I've never known pace to build up in a game though, so obviously when it wasn't instant sprint I've assumed there was no sprint. It would appear I'm not the only person to have thought this. FML.

I'm not one to normally whinge about the PS+ games, but even I reckon August is pretty poor.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-27-playstation-plus-august-freebies-unveiled

PS4 - Rebel Galaxy & Tricky Towers

PS3 - Yakuza 5 & Retro/Grade

Vita - Patapon 3 & Ultratron

What a fucking horseshit month.

When I went next-gen and was deciding whether to go PS4 or X Box One, my mate persuaded me to go PS4 as the free games on the PS3 had been superb.

The c**t.