Formartine United v Clyde

ScottR96

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat me to it Adolfo. From the word on the street, you could pay a Kardashian's ransom with the dough that half this 'ex Junior' team are on. In context, losing might sting a little, but thats about it.

still think we will cruise this game

if we did lose which can happen in any game certainly wouldn't be asking for the managers head we have lost to worse teams than this and endless excuses were made

Duffy against Nairn comes to mind

anyway my bet tomorrow Clyde -2 goals

if we did lose which can happen in any game certainly wouldn't be asking for the managers head we have lost to worse teams than this and endless excuses were made

We'll score at least 3???

I hope you're right but right now I think our strikers would struggle to count to 3 let alone score 3.

I hope you're right but right now I think our strikers would struggle to count to 3 let alone score 3.

I was going for a Gibson hatrick:)

seriously think we will have too much for them I'm still convinced at some point our strikers will click

Beat me to it Adolfo. From the word on the street, you could pay a Kardashian's ransom with the dough that half this 'ex Junior' team are on. In context, losing might sting a little, but thats about it.

Steady on, they are filled with good HL players with one or two guys that have done not bad in the Senior game. Certainly no "marquee" names.

Nowhere near the amount the Brora pay thats for sure.

Steady on, they are filled with good HL players with one or two guys that have done not bad in the Senior game. Certainly no "marquee" names. Nowhere near the amount the Brora pay thats for sure.

Why so bothered about them??? Figures of 40-50k signing on fees are commonplace thesedays. For HL teams, anyway.

Why so bothered about them??? Figures of 40-50k signing on fees are commonplace thesedays. For HL teams, anyway.

Think Brora can pay a good deal more than that I believe. Strange how the HL has become a bigger cash cow than the lower SPFL leagues.

Think Brora can pay a good deal more than that I believe. Strange how the HL has become a bigger cash cow than the lower SPFL leagues.

Where did you hear that? :lol:

I too would be incredibly surprised if players were getting anywhere near that in signing on fees in the HL. I know some teams have a few quid to chuck about but surely not that much?

That is absolute complete and utter bullshit :lol:

We are talking about some decent HL players and journeyman SFL players.

50k :lol:

:lol:

So, its being completely disregarded that businessmen funnelling cash to players might actually be employing them as per a chunky salary, simply to play for his team on a Saturday??? Right you are. If a player can retire from proper football, get an exceptionally paid job and play on with absolutely zero pressure, then fair play. But there's absolutely no.way we could afford any of the decent players we see tomorrow.

So, its being completely disregarded that businessmen funnelling cash to players might actually be employing them as per a chunky salary, simply to play for his team on a Saturday??? Right you are. If a player can retire from proper football, get an exceptionally paid job and play on with absolutely zero pressure, then fair play. But there's absolutely no.way we could afford any of the decent players we see tomorrow.

You could. I know roughly how much Formartine are giving to their recent signings from Montrose. It's not much, infact the players that left Montrose (might actually just be the one?), left because they were more northernly based. The player they were after from Dundee didn't bother his arse as the travelling was to much.

It's not very much, nowhere near what you're thinking anyway.

They were getting a wee bit more than what they were at Montrose, there's your ballpark.

I wouldn't get to hung up on the money side of things. Yes it's fair to say that the club has a bit of money. It's the quality of the players and the ability of the team that Clyde should be concerned about. If Formartine play well and they usually do these days then they will more than match most teams in Div 2. This could be a close game?

On the plus side for Clyde our centre half and Capt Craig McKeown is out injured which is a blow. Some of you might remember him? He played for Clyde.

[quote name="HMFC-1874" post="

On the plus side for Clyde our centre half and Capt Craig McKeown is out injured which is a blow. Some of you might remember him? He played for Clyde.

Aye and what a player he was too! Injuries were a bit of an issue even back then, class act nevertheless.

Archived