World cup 2018 campaign

Stuart Bannigan was without a doubt one of the outstanding midfielders in the Scottish Premiership last season - a level considerably higher than the league McGinn is currently playing in. Only a horrendous injury robbed him of a move to either Aberdeen or the English Championship. 

In fairness, your knowledge of the Premiership may not be the best given the fact you're a Hibs fan. So it's perfectly understandable. 

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Another one who can't see the correlation between a footballers ability and that said ability is measured against their peers.  Absolutely frightening.

You might be frightened, but I'm confident McGinn is good enough to take on the superstars of Malta. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

You might be frightened, but I'm confident McGinn is good enough to take on the superstars of Malta. 

He's probably just below their level to be fair. 

6 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Wolves coming in for Rhodes. Shame it doesn't look like he'll get any sort of a chance at Boro. Nugent came on ahead of him again yesterday in the 91st minute

Yup.  He's not going to make it at Boro, and the manager's piece to the media the other day was basically a massive For Sale advertisement.

I'll be utterly baffled if Griffiths doesn't start this game, it will be a game more suiting to him running in behind and we will obviously get a number of changes. If he doesn't get a start against fucking Malta then he'd be as well telling Strachan to shove the caps up his arse!

13 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

He'll soon be a level above your club anyway.

Who will he be signing for in the Scottish Premiership m-eight?

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup.  He's not going to make it at Boro, and the manager's piece to the media the other day was basically a massive For Sale advertisement.

A shame that he hasn't even had the chance to sink let alone swim in the EPL. He played a big part in their preseason and shone and scored against good opposition (some La Liga teams IIRC), so it seems quite severe to jettison him without even a sniff of action. Perhaps Boro have a deal for a replacement striker waiting in the wings and just want to get their money back for Rhodes. Would be ace if another EPL team took him off their hands, but little sign of that happening. Maybe things will change if bids start coming in...

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

He was bang average in the Premiership with St Mirren. A headless chicken who runs about a lot and gives you everything, but technically very average.

A ten-a-penny, Scottish midfielder.

I bet most ten-a-penny Scottish players would give their left baw to achieve what he has achieved in his short career already.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I bet most ten-a-penny Scottish players would give their left baw to achieve what he has achieved in his short career already.

McGinn has already achieved more than SB ever will. HammerJag is always trying to have a dig a Super John McGinn, it was the same last time he was in the squad. Think he even described him as a wee ned, which is the last thing you would call him. He's a very down to earth, humble young man. 

I've no problem calling him up whilst he plays in the championship, he's still young and is playng at a side that should really be in the top division. 

Definitely a long term call up. 

McGinn has already achieved more than SB ever will. HammerJag is always trying to have a dig a Super John McGinn, it was the same last time he was in the squad. Think he even described him as a wee ned, which is the last thing you would call him. He's a very down to earth, humble young man. 

The Wee man is a big McGinn fan so I took him down to east mains last season to see the players as they were leaving and I thought McGinn would sign his top and want to get off back home but he stood and spoke to him and me about Stubbs and the boys for a good 15 minutes.Top guy.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I've no problem calling him up whilst he plays in the championship, he's still young and is playng at a side that should really be in the top division. 

Definitely a long term call up. 

No they shouldn't. They were pish and were relegated. Since then they haven't been good enough to get promoted. So they are exactly where they should be.

Incidentally I have no problem with McGinn being in the Scotland squad.

6 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Just seen some cretin on my Facebook feed moaning about Lee Hodson and Kenny Miller not being in the squad :lol:

Who the f**k is Lee Hodson?

Just seen some cretin on my Facebook feed moaning about Lee Hodson and Kenny Miller not being in the squad :lol:

Hodson with 15 NI caps... What you're up against

Not getting why McGinn is a problem either. Nobody will ever be happy

I'm struggling to care about the national team these days

This squad has the stench of past failures, cannot see this changing this time either, clock is now ticking on Strachan's tenure, an indifferent start and he should be gone

Archived