St Mirren v The Blue Laughing Stock FC 2012 - 25/10/15

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, that's all fair enough Sn1f. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, and the first game this season actually left me feeling quite optimistic! I'd actually blocked Thommo's penalty out my mind, right enough.

Just found out I can't see the game. Something about a family lunch hingmy that I definitely wasn't told about. Ah well.

It will be tough, no doubt.

Need to cut out the defensive errors, how many penalties have we gave away this season, 4/5 maybe? Rangers have had about 10 given to them? Rangers to score a penalty could be a decent bet.

It will be tough, no doubt.

Need to cut out the defensive errors, how many penalties have we gave away this season, 4/5 maybe? Rangers have had about 10 given to them? Rangers to score a penalty could be a decent bet.

You would not get good odds on such a thing.

Ian Murray thinking a win for The Midden would be welcome by the whole of Scottish football!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...#ixzz3pQSg1I3T

St Mirren manager Ian Murray claims that Rangers’ 100 per cent record is damaging the reputation of the Championship, which is why his side need to beat them in Paisley tomorrow.

Mark Warburton’s side has racked up a perfect ten wins thus far and Murray, who played for Rangers between 2005-07, insists that if they can stretch that record to 12 games then they will have clinched automatic promotion.

However, should St Mirren and Hibs – who host the runaway leaders next weekend – both manage to take three points from Rangers then all bets would be off. That is why Murray is convinced that practically the entire country will be hoping Saints beat them in their televised encounter.

“Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hibs have done well against Rangers but haven’t beaten them or taken any points from them so this is a chance for us to build on our two wins in a row,” said Murray.

“People are expecting Rangers to win – they are almost champions elect so we need to try and beat them. We firmly believe that we can.

“It would be good for the whole division, whoever beats them. But for Scottish football in general, I think everybody will be willing us to win, no question.”

Ian Murray thinking a win for The Midden would be welcome by the whole of Scottish football!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...#ixzz3pQSg1I3T

St Mirren manager Ian Murray claims that Rangers’ 100 per cent record is damaging the reputation of the Championship, which is why his side need to beat them in Paisley tomorrow.

Mark Warburton’s side has racked up a perfect ten wins thus far and Murray, who played for Rangers between 2005-07, insists that if they can stretch that record to 12 games then they will have clinched automatic promotion.

However, should St Mirren and Hibs – who host the runaway leaders next weekend – both manage to take three points from Rangers then all bets would be off. That is why Murray is convinced that practically the entire country will be hoping Saints beat them in their televised encounter.

“Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hibs have done well against Rangers but haven’t beaten them or taken any points from them so this is a chance for us to build on our two wins in a row,” said Murray.

“People are expecting Rangers to win – they are almost champions elect so we need to try and beat them. We firmly believe that we can.

“It would be good for the whole division, whoever beats them. But for Scottish football in general, I think everybody will be willing us to win, no question.”

You'll know yourself the whole of Scottish Football get behind whoever is playing the Old Firm every week. Bit odd that a manager is saying it right enough!

Should be a tough game at the boodome, forget about their poor start as they're one of better squads in this league. With hibs finding form too the next couple of games are biggys.

If Ian Murray believes it'll be good for the division if Saints win tomorrow (probably would, to be fair) then hopefully his plans aren't to park the bus.

They gave it a go in the first game so hopefully they'll do the same again.

If Ian Murray believes it'll be good for the division if Saints win tomorrow (probably would, to be fair) then hopefully his plans aren't to park the bus.

They gave it a go in the first game so hopefully they'll do the same again.

He wont. We will play the same style as he has all season... Counter attack

He played it at home to Livi (x2) Dumbarton, Alloa, Falkirk and Raith (unsuccessfully), he will play the same tomorrow.

Look at our home record compared to our away record and you will see what Ian Murray is as a manager. He's used to being second favourite, he's used to expecting to lose. And he's good at it, he's good at being the underdog. That's why he done well with Dumbarton, that's why he's St Mirren manager.

In that sense tomorrow will suit his predicable yet (unacceptable?) style. I've already said I don't think we will lose this game.

The Rangers will win the title. However, as we seen against St Johnstone and others, they aren't all that. They wouldn't finish top 6 in the big league. They aren't half as good as they think they are.

This game suits Murray. This game suits who he wants us to be. We aren't Dumbarton though, (yet) hopefully someone gives him that memo.

Oh and by the way. Two games, two wins, two clean sheets. Takes a brave manager to change that. Watson for Cuddihy and Carswell for Agnew. There's the obvious changes, will he make them? I don't know. Shanks and McMullan... Wait for it, wait your turn.

1-1

Sniff.

Archived