Raith Rovers v Hibernian

First half we played like Grant Murray was still in charge. The second goal was exactly the sort of soft goal we conceded under him. Sadly young Matthews looked out of his depth today as well. Second half much much better and Hibs couldn't have moaned too much if we had equalised. Ref and assistants incompetent beyond belief. Enough positives overall to remain optimistic for a good season.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well out played in the 1st half but 2nd half different story deserved a point, but sadly George Salmond prevented that, shot goal ward bound its Hanlons hand play on, a blatant shy + corner in front of linesman you guessed it denied then we are awarded a free kick for nothing , Daly assault every time he went up for a header, not sour grapes but all these factors had an influence on today's result, What's funny is that we all saw Hibs penalty award on Tuesday against Falkirk. Another diabolical decision , maybe the SFA are trying there best to help the big 2 go up

That's an absolute sickener about Wighton. Truly gutted for the boy.

Being realistic, we're going to be nowhere near Rangers at the end of the season so I hope Hibs push them all the way, ultimately winning the league.

Refereeing performance was straight out of Beadle's About.

That's an absolute sickener about Wighton. Truly gutted for the boy.

Being realistic, we're going to be nowhere near Rangers at the end of the season so I hope Hibs push them all the way, ultimately winning the league.

Refereeing performance was straight out of Beadle's About.

Strangely, through not six degrees of separation but one, Jim McIntosh had his 70th birthday celebration in hospitality today.

Strangely, through not six degrees of separation but one, Jim McIntosh had his 70th birthday celebration in hospitality today.

With some of the decisions today I wouldn't have been at all surprised to watch Jeremy rip his Salmond mask off to reveal that we were all being pranked.

I generally think referees get far too much stick in general. In fact, other than the 2-2 game with Ayr, which was overseen by Crawford Allan, I can't remember the last time I blamed a ref for any result.

That said, I do think Salmond was an absolute galoot today, but despite that, it was still our fault we lost.

2-0 down at half time and slightly fortunate to be only two behind, that wasn't Dod's fault, just ours.

Great display in the second period though. Quite heartening, and really hope we can sustain our decent start.

All the best to Hibs, here's hoping they run everyone's least favourite club, (apart from Livingston) close for the title.

On a different note, really hope Frank Connor is okay. My favourite ever Raith manager, and I was looking forward to hearing from him. Hope he's up on his feet and doing well again soon.

Additionally, I'm mystified at Rovers fans saying we get nothing from Salmond. He gave us two penalties in the last few minutes at Central Park when we won 4-3. The first of which was never a foul.

He's dreadful, but we've been the beneficiary of his guffery is the past.

With some of the decisions today I wouldn't have been at all surprised to watch Jeremy rip his Salmond mask off to reveal that we were all being pranked.

On one hand, he had a huge cock, on the other............................................

Gets coat.

It's so funny, because I was just thinking about that ridiculous penalty we got at at Cowdenbeath. Can't believe it was the same referee!! Bloody hell. Talk about unpredictable. I appreciate they do have a difficult job, but it's still frustrating none the less. Thomson's "dive" was much more theatrical at Cowdenbeath than what happened today. The Anderson one is a penalty as well. Gets a touch on the ball and is barged over. They are given every week.

But as others have said, we only have ourselves to blame for being 2-0. Maybe not so much the first goal, as it was some strike, but the second was a calamity.

Ach well.

I couldn't possibly know what he feels like at this moment, but he should look to Lewis for support, both have had bad luck and I wish them both well.

Can only echo that and Lewis is ahead of schedule.

As for the match, from my seat in the Raith end (thanks for the comps) Raith fans moan a lot. The amount of booing every decision good or band against them is mental. We clearly had our game plan to hit yous fast and lead you into making mistakes, the first was a peach by arguably the best player in this league and the second a bit fortunate but same player scores again.

Second half we done what we done at Falkirk on Tuesday and switched off and defended for the win. I don't think it was tactical although previously we have abandoned settling for the narrow margin lead and conceded.

We have came through 3 out of 4 Away games at hard grounds with victories. If rangers weren't in the league we would piss it easy. I still maintain we can win this league.

Good luck Raith, hope to see you facing rangers in the playoffs and smash Falkirk at every opportunity cheers.

What was the can't wait till Sam Nicholsons home chant all about today btw?

His girlfriend posted a pic of herself naked on snapchat saying can't wait till he's home to everyone by mistake and big Malonga re-posted it. People started then saying she's was getting Malonga'd but he don't really care!

His girlfriend posted a pic of herself naked on snapchat saying can't wait till he's home to everyone by mistake and big Malonga re-posted it. People started then saying she's was getting Malonga'd but he don't really care!

Was that was his "stupid story" tweet was all about the other day

The game has been well covered but I was amazed that Salmond allowed the teams to play in those colours today. It was the worst colour clash I've seen at a match.

Agreed. Bit like at Tynecastle in the rain last year when we had the Remember kit on. What colour is Hibs' away kit? Surely it's not blue?

I've rarely seen a player in a Rovers shirt who is fouled so often yet given to little than Jon Daly. The big lad gets fouled near every time the ball goes near him but is given almost nothing due to his size. You can see McKinnon doing his nut about it on the touchline every time he goes for a header.

The only slight issue and concern I have with us just now is that we look most dangerous when we're knocking it long to Daly and playing off, which is the exact opposite of what almost everyone said they wanted to see from us. You also have the secondary problem that Daly is provisionally only here until Christmas. Looks very likely that Wighton is fucked and will be out for the season, so we're already thread bare up top again, and a few months off having two strikers, one of which is actually a winger. God forbid we lose another one, although given our luck with injuries this season I wouldn't be overly surprised.

But as RRFC have been bumping this game game and imploring everyone and their dug to bring along an extra fan (would that it were that easy) and Raith always bomb in front of big crowds at SP I see bad times ahead, draw or last minute loss, mind you with George Salmond officiating no way will it be a draw!

Crowd of 5,877 and a 1-1 draw, not because I think hibs are better more because we are due it.

I was well out on my crowd estimation but spot on with my prediction of Georgie boy, what an absolute tosspot!

Archived