Raith Rovers v Hibernian

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the Sfa told referees to give hibs and rangers everything ?

Not one decision went our way.

Cummings goal blatant hand ball to control it.

Then a few clear penalty claims for raith but none clearer than the hand ball in the box from dalys over head his hand was well above his head clear penalty !!

That last 20 minutes had some of the most bizarre refereeing I've witnessed. Wrong decisions everywhere. The one in the railway stand side corner where Thomson just kicked it out the park and we were given a free kick being right up there.

Two very, very good penalty claims, particularly the handball. That is a HUGE call and I'm fairly convinced he's got it wrong. The one on Anderson is the type of foul that is given 99/100. Beat the centre half to the ball and took the contact - it's a penalty.

I don't think the referee got a single thing wrong in the first half. f**k knows what happened to him in the second. The handball was unreal. One of those incidents where everyone, players from both sides, just stop dead and stare at the referee. Anderson was shoved over in the back. Daly got a dunt inbetween the shoulder blades, identical to a challenge he was penalised for. The incident at the other end where the referee gave a freekick/penalty to Hibs and then was overruled by the linesman was crazy, and the linesman at our end didn't seem to have the first idea what he was doing, to the benefit of both teams at different stages.

Hibs strolled the first half, but I imagine Stubbs will be very concerned about that second half. We should never have been in the game, but Hibs were penned in for large parts of it.

Lovely cross from Thomson and lovely finish from Daly for the goal. Shame that it's a mistake from Toshney that ultimately cost us the points, because he's been so important this season.

Hope Wighton's okay too. Thought it might've been a leg break at first, but he went off with ice on his knee.

Mckinnon really cost us that game in the first half, totally wrong setup, wrong personnel. We were so narrow first half, Hibs had no problem getting down our flanks, and we offered nothing going forward. Great strike from Mginn for the first, although I thought Matthews was wrong side of him. Second not sure about what Cummings controlled the ball with but Cuthbert had to be a lot faster out there.

End of the half I thought we'd been taken to the cleaners. 2nd we changed shape and got some actual width. Robertson looked class in the middle and we actually probably had the better of the game in the 2nd. Obviously Hibs probably mentally backed off a bit coming into the end but it was heartening to see Raith play with more shape and structure. Really decent goal from Daly. Definitely 2 strong penalty shouts in there.

C'est la vie. Lost it in the first but gave a decent shot at a recovery in the 2nd.

Archived