Raith Rovers v Hibernian

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Scott Robertson on Saturday I think once he gets up to fitness he'll be a great signing for us. As much as some have been saying that Daly has brought a change to our initial style of play, I think the loss of Callachan and having only Davo and McCord in midfield has been a bigger influence that anything. We've lacked pace and drive in the middle of the park and therefore had to revert to playing slightly more direct. Robertson showed on Saturday, albeit only against Alloa, that he will get on the ball and drive forward. McCord will instead look to play paces and Davo rarely gets into the final 3rd nowadays.

I would certainly consider giving Megginson a go at wide left but that would probably mean either dropping Craigan or Daly and I can't see McGlynn doing that. Hopefully Mitch can come on and make an impact likewise Wighton.

Also hopefully Anderson's dropping on Saturday has given him the extra kick up the backside that he needed. He admitted himself he was surprised so perhaps he was getting a little bit too comfy that he was guaranteed a starting place. His performance off the bench was excellent and more of the same will be needed on Saturday.

I'd definitely take a draw here. A win will make McKinnon the first Rovers manager ever to win his first 8 competitive home league matches in charge.

As for Hibs I have no doubt they will easily finish 2nd. I still hope that Rangers will collapse when it comes to the winter months and their young loanees pick up injuries and their form will dip. It's hard for youngsters to play at that level consistently for a whole season with no prior experience and I think that has been shown in the past few weeks.

I'll go 1-1.

After watching Scott Robertson on Saturday I think once he gets up to fitness he'll be a great signing for us. As much as some have been saying that Daly has brought a change to our initial style of play, I think the loss of Callachan and having only Davo and McCord in midfield has been a bigger influence that anything. We've lacked pace and drive in the middle of the park and therefore had to revert to playing slightly more direct. Robertson showed on Saturday, albeit only against Alloa, that he will get on the ball and drive forward. McCord will instead look to play paces and Davo rarely gets into the final 3rd nowadays.

I would certainly consider giving Megginson a go at wide left but that would probably mean either dropping Craigan or Daly and I can't see McGlynn doing that. Hopefully Mitch can come on and make an impact likewise Wighton.

Also hopefully Anderson's dropping on Saturday has given him the extra kick up the backside that he needed. He admitted himself he was surprised so perhaps he was getting a little bit too comfy that he was guaranteed a starting place. His performance off the bench was excellent and more of the same will be needed on Saturday.

I'd definitely take a draw here. A win will make McKinnon the first Rovers manager ever to win his first 8 competitive home league matches in charge.

As for Hibs I have no doubt they will easily finish 2nd. I still hope that Rangers will collapse when it comes to the winter months and their young loanees pick up injuries and their form will dip. It's hard for youngsters to play at that level consistently for a whole season with no prior experience and I think that has been shown in the past few weeks.

I'll go 1-1.

Tbf, I think even he'd be puzzled with that one...

_64994207_john_mcglynn.jpg

Have you been to the Shore recently? The area surrounding the Ocean Terminal or even Western Harbour?

I think you are being economical with the truth here to be honest. Gorgie is a fucking dump.

It is. But there's always the chance of seeing a Scottish Cup parade from your window every few years. Leith have many of them?

Arrogance? Where about?

Hibernian are a bigger and better club than Raith. We also have a much better side than Raith with better players. We should win on Saturday.

That's not arrogance it's facts.

Nae bother Rafa!

I really like Scott Robertson, seems like a decent guy. I think he'll be a very good signing for you guys when he gets going. Always gives his all.

Agree with you but we have much better midfielders than him now.

It is. But there's always the chance of seeing a Scottish Cup parade from your window every few years. Leith have many of them?

Why would you want to watch a Scottish Cup parade involving a club that you don't support? I suppose when your clubs only major honor is the Coca Cola cup you probably would.

Gorgie has seen 4 Scottish Cup parades' in 60 years. Is that what you describe as "every few years"?

I used to live across the road from that pub when I was at Uni. Some right auld munters hang about outside reekin of pish and looking like Mel B from Bo Selecta.

There were some huge fat birds inside the pub when i was there.

Anyone on the 10.40 train from Waverley tomorrow?

Can't remember the last time I was through in the KDY for a game, pretty sure it was the 98/99 season?

Taking junior along as well, he's yet to be at a Hibs defeat (we've won each game by the exact margin of 3 goals in games he's been to) so I'm hoping the luck extends to tomorrow.

Archived