Raith Rovers v Hibernian

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hoofed it long to daly for the majority of the game, we played well with very little cutting edge and didn't deserve to lose the game. You scored with your only shot on target which in my book is fairly lucky yes.

This isn't the match thread for two bald men fighting over a comb from a game in September.

But your and varma's posts about promotion and the like. Oooooooft

Excuse me, but where did i mention promotion. I dont recall that. Our target for this season is a play off spot.

By that logic, every shot on target that goes in is "fairly lucky" then?

Zidane at Hampden = Fairly lucky.

I said having one shot on target against an other teams five is lucky to win a game. Do raith fans ever read the post or just take what they want from it ?

When Barcelona play Getafe, they may win, or may not win. Therefore it's 50/50 for each team.

Am I doing it right?

More like when Scotland played Gibraltar with neither nation having a hope of qualifying they had a 50/50 chance of winning.

We must be doing something right when mediocre opposition fans wade in spewing their tears of jealousy at our tremendous football team. QOS signing our rejects and put in their place at Starks has clearly gotten to them.

Excuse me, but where did i mention promotion. I dont recall that. Our target for this season is a play off spot.

Another non reader, I said and the likes. You were just easy meat still not coming up with a raith player capable of getting in the hibs first 11. Just face it you are miles behind hibs and a great first quarter is masking the difference in the teams abilities. Hibs will finish second by 9-12 points maybe more. Anyone want a charity bet ?

Explain what's lucky about an intentionally accurate strike on goal?

I didn't say the goal was lucky it was a good header. I said and your still obviously struggling with this any team that hits the target 5 times to the oppositions 1 is unlucky to lose a game of football. Can't be explained any simpler than that.

Hibs won't win the league. That's not some superstitious bollocks about "coz Hibs n that", Rangers have a far bigger budget and unlike in previous years when they were completely wasting it; they've got a team that's won 10 out of 10 this time. I'd put money on us raking up a points total that would win this division most years, whiltst coming second.

On this game, it's an any win will do type of game. Raith are one of the better teams I've seen this year. Miles better than St Mirren, who took a point off us, e.g. If we have a similar off day, we'll definitely drop points.

I didn't say the goal was lucky it was a good header. I said and your still obviously struggling with this any team that hits the target 5 times to the oppositions 1 is unlucky to lose a game of football. Can't be explained any simpler than that.

Your point is absolute garbage and you are making a total c**t of yourself by trying to be condescending.

A team can hit the target five times in the one game with weak shots incapable of beating the 'keeper but one good finish makes the other team fairly lucky?

I'd be focussing on why my team didn't score any of their five chances rather than looking to call the other, more clinical team "fairly lucky"

Your point is absolute garbage and you are making a total c**t of yourself by trying to be condescending.

A team can hit the target five times in the one game with weak shots incapable of beating the 'keeper but one good finish makes the other team fairly lucky?

I'd be focussing on why my team didn't score any of their five chances rather than looking to call the other, more clinical team "fairly lucky"

But we both know our 5 shots weren't tame efforts as we were at the game. Cuthbert made a fantastic save from Dowie and your player headed a goalbound header off the line. One of the others was a decent conroy free kick that cuthbert parried and the other two I can't remember. You were lucky, if you could just admit it we can all move on. Thanks in advance.

But we both know our 5 shots weren't tame efforts as we were at the game. Cuthbert made a fantastic save from Dowie and your player headed a goalbound header off the line. One of the others was a decent conroy free kick that cuthbert parried and the other two I can't remember. You were lucky, if you could just admit it we can all move on. Thanks in advance.

Right.

Our players did what they were there to do, yours didn't, and that makes us lucky.

We're lucky QotS were shite and our own players did their jobs.

Happy?

Have you not won most games by a single goal and scored about 90% of your goals from set pieces and long throws. Hardly the sign of a great side and I for one would not be overly surprised if you didn't end up in the top 4. As for your four teams vying for promotion spiel, there are two good enough to go up and they are currently one and two in the league. The rest would get felt up by the majority of the spl sides.

What an absolute slaver hahaha. Unbeaten at home in the league, won 5 on the bounce but we are hardly a great side, belter.

We had more possession, more shots on goal and you mustered a whole one shot on target to our 5. I think we both know you were extremely lucky to get the three points that day.

Behave. It was a fairly even game with few chances in it until McKinnon's first sub, and change of shape nearly lost the game for us, his second and third subs reverted the shape back and that effectively ended Queen's dominant spell in the game. Of your amazing 5 shots on target, 2 were fairly ineffectual strikes, Toshney was on hand to clear one, one was a Conroy free kick that Cuthbert clawed away, and the other was a very decent attempt, swung in from a corner no less, that Cuthbert did excellently with. So, the two attempts you actually troubled us with were dead balls, and from your 20 minute spell of dominance you created nothing to worry us. We were much the mirror image, except our dead ball went in (Daly of course, fucking a really easy header from yet another corner a couple of minutes after we scored).

It was not a classic, but in no way were Rovers "Lucky".

Clearly some angst from Queens that we have had a far better start than them. It may not last but I cannot stand the 'aye but you your wins were shite argument'. Some teams win ugly all the time because factors such as tactical nous, team spirit, fitness etc. These can overcome 'better' sides (look at stoke a few years ago, rangers in europe etc).

It was the same when we finished 2nd in this league under McGlynn. Everyone slated our style of play as punt and rush, but they had no way of containing Tade and Baird.

Let's focus on one game at a time = we're pish and hoping for the best.

Responses like this = Easy fishing trip

Hibs won't win the league. That's not some superstitious bollocks about "coz Hibs n that", Rangers have a far bigger budget and unlike in previous years when they were completely wasting it; they've got a team that's won 10 out of 10 this time. I'd put money on us raking up a points total that would win this division most years, whiltst coming second.

On this game, it's an any win will do type of game. Raith are one of the better teams I've seen this year. Miles better than St Mirren, who took a point off us, e.g. If we have a similar off day, we'll definitely drop points.

Thank you, yours isnt too bad a team either. Should be a great game on saturday. The best team on the day will win it no matter which team that is.

Archived