Raith Rovers v Hibernian

Could have sworn the referee was Stevie Wonder today. Christ. Not often you get 4 penalty shouts and receive zilch.

Hey ho though. We weren't great in the first half and let Hibs play. Second half was better though, and basically scored with our first attempt at goal! Unlucky efforts from Benedictus's free kick, and Roberstons shot that was cleared on the line.

Never mind, roll on next week. Livingston got a tremendous result today, so hard to say. Clocks are back tonight, so probably get beat again! :(

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the Sfa told referees to give hibs and rangers everything ?

Not one decision went our way.

Cummings goal blatant hand ball to control it.

Then a few clear penalty claims for raith but none clearer than the hand ball in the box from dalys over head his hand was well above his head clear penalty !!

Precisely the same thing that happened on Tuesday night. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same defender! Arm in an unnatural position? Guy looked like he was dancing the hokey feckin cokey!

Could have sworn the referee was Stevie Wonder today. Christ. Not often you get 4 penalty shouts and receive zilch.

Hey ho though. We weren't great in the first half and let Hibs play. Second half was better though, and basically scored with our first attempt at goal! Unlucky efforts from Benedictus's free kick, and Roberstons shot that was cleared on the line.

Never mind, roll on next week. Livingston got a tremendous result today, so hard to say. Clocks are back tonight, so probably get beat again! :(

Ah, the Mac Arena.

macarena-o.gif

Also, I'm now firmly of the view that I prefer it when we receive a throw in on the left hand side when attacking rather than a corner. Our delivery from corners and free kicks was poor, but McKeown's long throw is pretty much a guarantee.

McKeown foul throws almost every time by stepping over the touch line. He did it at least three times today. I'm surprised he's not been caught yet

Do any of the Hibs fans offer any analysis of games or is it just gifs and "lol you're seething #money"?

What did Raith change to at HT? I felt we went wrong on Tuesday night by leaving it too late to go with 2 up front.

Started the first half with a kind of 4-5-1 but ended up very, very narrow. Hibs played at will down the sides and we looked all at Sea with a couple of guys looking utterly uncomfortable. Second half we went to a two man midfield, stuck Stewart out Megginson out wide with Wighton in behind Daly and just had a lot more structure to us. It wasn't just shape, Craigen for a second game in a row just wasn't in the game, but yeah, once we actually had someone to chase down the channels we started winning more second balls in midfield and gave them something to think about when defending.

Do any of the Hibs fans offer any analysis of games or is it just gifs and "lol you're seething #money"?

What did Raith change to at HT? I felt we went wrong on Tuesday night by leaving it too late to go with 2 up front.

Dry yer eyes ya Falkirk tramp.

Fortress calm down pal, you have beaten a team with a shoestring budget who made Hibs look very ordinary at times in the second half. You should be pumping us anyway .Didnt realise beating the Rovers gave you a mega hardon

I thought that was what the Raith fans had been calling their home ground before the game though? Just a wee bit of a joke buddy, no need to fly off the handle :)

We started the game with 4-4-2 with no wingers. Didn't work obviously, just after half time, we made 2 changes, and went 4-3-3, 4-2-4 at times as we were constantly pressing..

We should've been out of sight first half, Raith offered absolutely nothing at all in the opening 45.

Completely different story second half, we just didn't get going whatsoever and on the face of it couldn't have grudged Rovers a point if they'd managed it.

Can't comment on 'stonewall penalties' as I was at the opposite end however the referee was absolutely appalling once again, for both sides - if there was indeed a penalty that should've been given.

However, keeping the run going was the most important no matter how we got the victory & 9 wins out of 10 going into next week against the tribute act gives us a great chance to further narrow the gap to the tribute act.

We started the game with 4-4-2 with no wingers. Didn't work obviously, just after half time, we made 2 changes, and went 4-3-3, 4-2-4 at times as we were constantly pressing..

I think I'm right in saying that Hibs played a narrow 4-4-2 diamond at Falkirk with Bartley holding and Keatings (?) at the tip of it. Guess McKinnon was trying to match up to that with our four central midfielders in the first half. Good idea but fcked up by Hibs starting 3-5-2!

Did well in the second half by switching it and getting the ball in the box more. Hibs looked decidedly edgy after Daly scored but we lost some real momentum with the stoppage for Wighton's injury. Still thought we'd sneak another but not to be. A Hibs mate was amazed we didn't get a couple of pens.

Cracking goal from McGinn - not much we could do about that and it knocked the stuffing right out of us. Second goal was a horrendous one to lose.

Disappointed but not too downhearted.

We should've been out of sight first half, Raith offered absolutely nothing at all in the opening 45.

Granted we offered nothing in the first half but out of sight?on what basis?you had plenty possession but outwith the two goals created nothing,Our keeper never had a save to make in fact he had only one the whole game.Mind you Oxley had no saves to make the whole game

I think over the 90 minutes we deserved a draw

See you lot in the play offs

Craig Wighton has done his crucial cruciate ligaments. What the f**k is it wth young promising strikers on our books getting the injury?! Two before the clocks go back.

I couldn't possibly know what he feels like at this moment, but he should look to Lewis for support, both have had bad luck and I wish them both well.

Just home from another cracking day out in Kirkcaldy. The steak pie has to beat the killie pie. Truly delicious.

We were brilliant in the first half but as the same on Tuesday we were struggling to hold onto our lead. Raith were unlucky at the end of the game not to score again.

Want to wish everything connected with Raith good luck to the rest of the season and hopefully you'll come up to the top flight with us or come up one season.

Archived