Weekend bets 23rd-26th

lichtie23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is going on the Scottish Cup first round this weekend, Bet365 have overpriced a hell of a lot.

My small fiver coupon has gone on 9 teams (I know)

Clyde

Wick

Queens Park

Inverurie

Linlithgow

East Kilbride

Auchinleck

Turiff

Annan

£727 for the fiver on bet365, same 9 teams on WH is under half the odds. £329 for a fiver.

Huge disparity in prices there. Someone with more knowledge of Highland/Lowland/Amateur football than me could make a proper killing on it this weekend.

My bets will be an almost exact mirror of yours, a spread of trebles around non-favourites. As you say it's worth comparing bookies, it's not often you get so many at this level, and don't wait too long to put your bets on, some get wary and copy each other. It'll be fun to see who knows the South better than the North and vice versa, or both. Let the battle commence! Too pished to decide on my coupon just now, maybe tomorrow. I think the odds are wildly over estimating the chances of some of the Southern teams though.

13/2 seems reasonable on McBookie for a 4 fold of Arbroath, Talbot, Elgin and Queen's Park.

Bit of a mixed bag feeling on Clyde. Unsure our current form should justify us to be odds on against anyone but have said the same the last 2 years when we were playing poorly and faced potential banana skins, coming out of both with an easy victory.

13/2 seems reasonable on McBookie for a 4 fold of Arbroath, Talbot, Elgin and Queen's Park.

Bit of a mixed bag feeling on Clyde. Unsure our current form should justify us to be odds on against anyone but have said the same the last 2 years when we were playing poorly and faced potential banana skins, coming out of both with an easy victory.

Incidentally, Arbroath was one of the ones I was going nowhere near as Brora are more than capable.

Incidentally, Arbroath was one of the ones I was going nowhere near as Brora are more than capable.

Think I'll be leaving Brora and Formartine alone, too 50/50 and more chance of shocks/odds elsewhere.

My bets will be an almost exact mirror of yours, a spread of trebles around non-favourites. As you say it's worth comparing bookies, it's not often you get so many at this level, and don't wait too long to put your bets on, some get wary and copy each other. It'll be fun to see who knows the South better than the North and vice versa, or both. Let the battle commence! Too pished to decide on my coupon just now, maybe tomorrow. I think the odds are wildly over estimating the chances of some of the Southern teams though.

I'm gonna stick to the Scottish Cup and FA Cup this weekend.

What are the best bets for the Scottish Cup?

You seem Brora this season Welsh? The look a decent outfit?

Haven't no, missed the Clach game. But my mate who did thought they're the best team we've played this season. I was a bit surprised considering they've dropped a few points, lost 2 games already which last season seemed as unlikely as the Borg getting taken out by some bum fluff in their injector coil. I would agree with McBookies odds of Arbroath at 11/10, should win but won't be touching it with a barge pole. The manager who took them to glory and infamy has left to concentrate on his taxi business, and Richard Brittain of County and almost Saints fame has taken over, allegedly not with the wholehearted support of the squad.

I'll wait to see what your post. djchapsticks bet looks really good.

Wouldn't wait too long if you like his odds, they're likely to change. Most of mine will be the opposite. I'll be banking on a few shock results to either bail me out or make me rich.

Wouldn't wait too long if you like his odds, they're likely to change. Most of mine will be the opposite. I'll be banking on a few shock results to either bail me out or make me rich.

Went for 8 games on Saturday basically the same games as dj has. Left clyde out.

How have Buckie Thistle looked this season? Iv seen Edinburgh City and certainly wasn't impressed by them. Buckie at 17/4 could be tempting

Pretty good, they've got a tendency of doing well against the top sides and losing points to the truly awful. They'll be up for this, one of my choices. Full coupon coming up for those of a totally insane disposition.

Archived