Weekend bets 23rd-26th

lichtie23

Anyone with an ounce of sense should go with djchapstick's selection and ignore this..

post-30062-0-59267900-1445507981_thumb.j

Like DJ's bet , Bet365's payout is much higher than my usual bookie, 80 odd grand versus 50 odd grand, fucking cheapskates. Bet365 have very little experience of Scottish lower league markets so here's hoping they've got it massively wrong. :1eye

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 bets placed so far:

Stoke 6/5 v Watford

I have been keen to be with Stoke in the past month or so and since Leicester’s comeback at the Britanna from 2-0, they have not let me down. As I have said before, Mark Hughes has never completed a season in the top flight outside the top 10 and 3 straight wins have seen them climb from 20th to 11th. I also repeat that in Bojan, Arnautovic, Shaqiri and Afellay they have real quality in the final third. Watford have been better on the road than at Vicarage Road and pretty solid defensively to date however goals are an issue with Deeney yet to break his duck. At home and with that extra quality, I have to back Stoke and 6/5 is more than fair for a side the bookies seem to continually underrate.

Ayr 6/5 at Stenhousemuir

I supported Ayr at Forfar in the draw no bet market last week as well as making a case for them possibly continuing to push Dunfermline this season. A superb comeback from 2-0 down and a man short ensued and from the highlights, they should have actually won the game. Their performance under the circumstances appeared excellent. They are still likely to be without Moore which is a blow, as will the suspension of captain, Devlin. However, I feel they have the pace and quality to trouble a generally generous Stenny backline. Stenny’s return at Ochilview has been very good but the one league match they faced a step up in quality saw Dunfermline demolish them. I have to be on Ayr here especially as they put 5 past the Warriors earlier this term.

Brechin 15/8 v Albion Rovers

This one is purely on the price on offer for the home side which to me as generous regardless of their lowly position. Brechin have improved of late taking 7 points from 4 games and only an injury time goal denies them victory over Stenny while last week at Airdrie sounded like a 50/50 game. I have already twice lost money on Albion Rovers this season on the opening day v Ayr and when they visited Peterhead and I am certainly not underestimating them. They have been one of the success stories in the Scottish leagues to date, especially given the loss of Parry and McGuigan pre-season.

Dunfermline 4/9 v Forfar and Queen Park 8/15 at Stirling Uni

Double on the above at about 6/5. Dunfermline have blown Forfar away twice on the road already and now have players back available and no cup distractions. They looked decent on the box last week. Forfar are on a winless run and have been a big disappointment of late. Queen Park are one of the top sides in League 2 and should be too strong for non-league opposition.

Also, done at 29/1 Scottish Cup favourites 9 fold with a free bet.

Other teams under consideration are Hibs, Stranraer and Derby but the prices are too short in my opinion.

On Sunday, Tottenham look decent value against a Bournemouth side I think will now struggle though Spurs do have the Europa League hangover to contend with. If Saturday goes well, I may also dabble on United draw no bet in the Manchester derby.

Anyone with an ounce of sense should go with djchapstick's selection and ignore this..

daftpunt.JPG

Like DJ's bet , Bet365's payout is much higher than my usual bookie, 80 odd grand versus 50 odd grand, fucking cheapskates. Bet365 have very little experience of Scottish lower league markets so here's hoping they've got it massively wrong. :1eye

What's Super Heinz all about?

Bradford v WIGAN

Man Utd v MAN CITY

Partick v HAMILTON.

Can't see past City, especially so with the travelling Utd have had to do. Bradford are just shit and I'd love it (absolutely love it!) if Partick burst my coupon and took the three points :)

Its 50p each on singles doubles trebles 4folds 5 folds 6 folds and a 7 fold among all his selections

Doesn't include singles I think/hope, that would be a bit pointless. I'd be lucky to get a pint and a bag of chips out of solitary double as it is.

Bradford v WIGAN

Man Utd v MAN CITY

Partick v HAMILTON.

Can't see past City, especially so with the travelling Utd have had to do. Bradford are just shit and I'd love it (absolutely love it!) if Partick burst my coupon and took the three points :)

Crawford may be out for Accies & our recent record at Firhill is crap - avoid.

Ayr 6/5 - Slow start last week, but to come from 2-0 down. 2-1 at 10 men as well, was not too bad a result at Forfar and probably should have went on to win. Nicky Devlins red card has been downgrade a yellow so the captain will still be playing and Stenny are winless in 5.

Wigan 29/20 - Unbeaten in their last8 way to Bradford starting to hit a bit of form after a slow start.

Stoke 23/20 - Home to Watford, Watford are struggling for goals and Stoke are starting to get players back. Bojan is a big player for them and unbeaten in their last 5.

Derby 11/10 - Another team unbeaten in 7 and after a slowish start, see to be picking up the points and are looking to move into a play-off place. Huddersfield only won 2 of 7 home games in the League cup this season.

£10 for £243

Stoke, Partick Thistle and Ayr 10/1 is a treble I'm interested in this weekend. Already been write ups on Stoke and Ayr that I agree with. Thistle have a winning mentality again and as the Hamilton supporter mentioned they have a poor record there and Crawford missing.

Eta - Blackburn v Burnley tomorrow. Red card is probable at 9/4 and I'll be backing Burnley to win at 15/8. Pains me to say it but can't see Blackburn getting anything at all.

Bradford v WIGANMan Utd v MAN CITYPartick v HAMILTON.
Bottled this.
Bury are BIG at 6/4, I'm also quite interested in Plymouth at Luton (13/8)
Bury and Accrington double, bah deep in it at just under 6/1. If, IF, it wins, it'll be rolled onto City.

Got my weekly column up on the main site

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/93-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-24th-october-2015

Also added in the comments BTTS in Elgin v Spartan @ 1.93 with 888Sport. Thats pretty massive for a Scottish Cup 2nd rnd match featuring Elgin.

Mostly goals this week but hope some got Hibs at evens while they could. COuld probably lay off now no bother and guarantee a few quid.

Not sure if Annan are still available at evens but that is another good one although I have gone for W/BTTS @ 3.65 with 888Sport again.

Good luck

EDIT: On my own site I have a 4x Draws holiday maker and a Lge 1 goals acca too about 13/2 if memory serves, plus plenty more. My arse is numb sitting in this seat for the past 2 days.

I'm going to try and use a units system for stakes. I find writing these posts out helps get my thinking in order for my selections.

Kille @ 4.50 away to Dundee - 1 unit

Pre-season I backed Killie to go down and Dundee to finish in the top six. I still think both of these outcomes are entirely possible. However, Dundee haven't really impressed me since the very early weeks of the season. They were very fortunate against Partick Thistle and Ross County, Celtic humped them 6-0 and they're leaking a few goals. Killie have shown improvement recently winning three of their last five, as well as taking a decent point at Tynecastle. I have Dundee favourites for this one as if both teams play to their potential I think they're far better, but I think the form means Killie deserve more respect than the odds. Keeping it fairly small stakes.

Ross County @ 3.50 away to Hearts - 2 units

Ross County were very impressive against Aberdeen last week I felt, and I read they've accumulated the third most points in the top flight in 2015. Hearts have lost three of their last six, drawing at home to Killie and scraping past hapless Dundee United with a penalty last week in a poor game. Again I think this will be close so can't understand County being as long as they are. A bit more on this than Killie for me.

Falkirk @ 2.10 away to Dumbarton - 3 units

I'm not daft on the current Falkirk side but we have won 5 of 10 in the league this season whilst being very unlucky against Rangers and Hibs in recent weeks. We seem to be beating the teams below us though. I'm thinking we'll go with two up front tomorrow which makes us look far better. Dumbarton started the season well but they've lost 6 of their last 8 in the league. They'd be joint bottom if the first two weeks were removed. I think we should be odds on tbh.

Ayr @ 2.20 away to Stenny - 4 units

Can't add much more to previous very good posts on this bet.

Formartine @ 3.40 at home to Clyde - 2 units

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on the Highland League but Formartine beat Brora this season which is no mean feat. Clyde have taken two points from their last four league games and played arguably the slowest back three in Scottish football history last weekend. It's a long journey and Clyde lost to Spartans in the cup last season. Decent odds on Formartine here I feel.

Sandhausen @ 3.60 away to Arminia Bielefeld - 1.2 units

I haven't seen Sandhausen or Bielefeld yet this season, but I have watched a bit of the Bundesliga 2. Sandhausen have won their last three including a couple of away wins at Fortuna Dusseldorf and St Pauli. St Pauli have looked very impressive when I've seen them this year. Overall, they've won 6 of 11 in the league. Bielefeld are having a bizarre season - 1 win, 8 draws and 2 defeats. They lost their lasy game to Dusseldorf who are one place above the relegation zone. I'm not sure how Bielefeld can be fairly sizeable favourites for this.

Total stake - 13.2 units

Archived