Things that are eroding British Nationalism

Antlion

This is wrong. Knox felt much more fealty with Rotterdam and Geneva than he did with London. Furthermore his treaties against female monarchs* backfired spectacularly when Eliz 1st became England's queen.

The rapprochement between Scotland and England began well after Knox's death.

*The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstruous Regiment of Women

Indeed, but remember he wrote to Elizabeth proclaiming that she was the sole exception to the monstrous regiment of women. Whilst the Marys were "Jezebels", she was a modern-day "Deborah" leading her people out of darkness and into the light. She did not change her opinion of him or his book, though.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's someone who has no interest in football spreading propaganda. To me, it would be the same if someone was coming on here with the sole purpose of pushing a religious message or any 'cause'. You may disagree, but I don't think it's a good thing.

He's talking about politics in a politics forum. No more no less.

Indeed, but remember he wrote to Elizabeth proclaiming that she was the sole exception to the monstrous regiment of women. Whilst the Marys were "Jezebels", she was a modern-day "Deborah" leading her people out of darkness and into the light. She did not change her opinion of him or his book, though.

Knox hoped that Eliz 1would be a 'Deborah' but she sorely disappointed him. Knox held no truck with Eliz 1 and it was reciprocated.

You also haven't dealt with your ludicrous claim that the CoS was 'centralised'.

It's someone who has no interest in football spreading propaganda. To me, it would be the same if someone was coming on here with the sole purpose of pushing a religious message or any 'cause'. You may disagree, but I don't think it's a good thing.

You're mistaking having no interest in football with having no interest in sharing that interest with you (particularly as it's clear you're deliberately looking for my personal alliances and team - for what reason, I wonder ...)

What happened to the 56 Marching on Westminster and bouncing off the walls mate?

This. From the days before the election when the SNP genuinely thought that they were going be the deciding numbers in forming a coalition, to banging on about their 'invasion' of Westminster. The way the Yes losers were going on I thought they had a thousand SNP MP's going down who could easily have voted down EVEL.

Looks like it's finally dawning on 'the only show in town' that they are there simply to make up the numbers. In fact the only two things of note I can remember are a wee girl giving a decent speech someone else probably wrote for her, and some petty move to steal an elderly Lib Dem MP's traditional seat on the front bench.

So you happy your MP will lose all power they had, and are now getting paid a full MP salary to eh.... Do about 90% less than they had to before?

As for what they are doing now, probably celebrating. EVEL is a massive victory for the SNP main goal.

The downside is its an absolute disaster for the common people of England

This. From the days before the election when the SNP genuinely thought that they were going be the deciding numbers in forming a coalition, to banging on about their 'invasion' of Westminster. The way the Yes losers were going on I thought they had a thousand SNP MP's going down who could easily have voted down EVEL.

Looks like it's finally dawning on 'the only show in town' that they are there simply to make up the numbers. In fact the only two things of note I can remember are a wee girl giving a decent speech someone else probably wrote for her, and some petty move to steal an elderly Lib Dem MP's traditional seat on the front bench.

An excellent summary !!! think it was Dennis Skinner's seat in the commons though, Old Labour stalwart

^ Delighted that there aren't enough of Scotland's representatives to form or even have a say in Scotland's sovereign government.

Why does support of the union seem to ride in tandem with complete contempt for Scotland and pride in it being a minor voice in the choosing of its own sovereign parliament?

An excellent summary !!! think it was Dennis Skinner's seat in the commons though, Old Labour stalwart

Must be a member of the pul,rob loves it

Got no idea what the guys name is, assumed it was one of the Lib Dems.

Why would he have been on the opposition front benches if he was a lib dem? Silly boy.

Regarding the rest of your post, I kind of agree with some of the content if not the tone. The SNP did look like they'd potentially hold sway. Labour's complete failure to win votes in England - partially perpetuated by the fear of the SNP and think Scotland too- knocked that on its arse. I'm not sure today's vote is anything to celebrate though - Scottish MPs of all creeds now have less sway in the union as a result of this. The SNP are riding the crest of a wave just now, but you'd imagine they'll lose seats to someone eventually. When they do, whoever takes those seats won't be able to vote on a huge range of issues that do affect Scotland and Scotland's budget.

Makes our votes mean even less than they do at the moment too, which is quite some feat.

Why would he have been on the opposition front benches if he was a lib dem? Silly boy. Regarding the rest of your post, I kind of agree with some of the content if not the tone. The SNP did look like they'd potentially hold sway. Labour's complete failure to win votes in England - partially perpetuated by the fear of the SNP and think Scotland too- knocked that on its arse. I'm not sure today's vote is anything to celebrate though - Scottish MPs of all creeds now have less sway in the union as a result of this. The SNP are riding the crest of a wave just now, but you'd imagine they'll lose seats to someone eventually. When they do, whoever takes those seats won't be able to vote on a huge range of issues that do affect Scotland and Scotland's budget. Makes our votes mean even less than they do at the moment too, which is quite some feat.

They dont care about that as long as the eeesssnnnpppeeeebad get a bloody nose its all the care about.Its classic short term thinking from the unionists

f**k off to another forum please. Still nothing about football. People can make their own mind up without political propaganda from people like yourself.

What a bizarre response :lol:

Do you check through all the senior leagues, Juniors and Missc football forums to make sure everyone's posting sufficiently about football to be on P&B?

Or are posts like the OP just a bit close to the bone? "Propaganda" :lol: What a load of shite.

I'm quite happy to agree and disagree with people on here about political issues, or anything really. It's what the forum is for. It's a forum for people with an interest in Scottish football.

I don't think it's for people coming here for the sole purpose of pushing a political agenda. Even if I was agreeing with them, it's not really what this place should be used for imo.

What a curious position to adopt.

You do realise that people seeing that Scottish MPs are only there to make up the numbers, as you put it, is good for our cause ? Everyone knows this bar politicians and unionists.

What a bizarre response :lol:

Do you check through all the senior leagues, Juniors and Missc football forums to make sure everyone's posting sufficiently about football to be on P&B?

Or are posts like the OP just a bit close to the bone? "Propaganda" :lol: What a load of shite.

Na, just that one. Could tell it was propaganda so looked at his profile and it's pretty obvious he wouldn't know a football if it smashed I'm in the face.

Archived