The Collum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiling domestic games on a regular basis - rewarded by being given the opportunity to officiate at the highest level.

An absolute fucking joke.

Couldn't agree more. He ends up being the main talking point in most matches he takes charge of these days.

Equally shite for both teams yesterday.

A sign of how badly he is thought of by fans is when you read a match thread in the week leading up to the game has fans of both sides are disappointed he's been given the game.

His performances are that bad he needs to be shelved for a few weeks then re-assessed. That'll not happen though as all in charge will close

ranks.

I appreciate ref's do a hard job and that there would be no game without them. They are all human and get just one look at incidents so won't often get it all correct but by keeping giving Collum games it's increasing the pressure on him as he isn't improving whilst annoying the f**k out of paying fans.

Funny thing with Scottish refs in how they are judged in Europe.

I remember when Mike McCurry had a horrific game at Pittodrie. It was famous for the Ricksen Kung Fu kick and him choosing to ignore a Barry Ferguson foul in the box on Stavrum when about to pull the trigger. Ferguson would have to have went if he had gave it.

Either the midweek before or after, I forget, McCurry reffed a powderkeg German/Dutch club European tie and strolled it. This to me made his domestic performances seem all the more inexplicable as he had the ability.

Maybe they feel less pressure in Europe.

Funny thing with Scottish refs in how they are judged in Europe.

I remember when Mike McCurry had a horrific game at Pittodrie. It was famous for the Ricksen Kung Fu kick and him choosing to ignore a Barry Ferguson foul in the box on Stavrum when about to pull the trigger. Ferguson would have to have went if he had gave it.

Either the midweek before or after, I forget, McCurry reffed a powderkeg German/Dutch club European tie and strolled it. This to me made his domestic performances seem all the more inexplicable as he had the ability.

Maybe they feel less pressure in Europe.

Mike McCurry was never at his (simply the) best during Rangers games. Ask Craig Levein.

I know he's quite a dodgy ref himself, but in terms of our category one officials - how Craig Thomson gets overlooked ahead of Collum is just plain bizarre. Collum is by far the worst ref I've seen in the top flight and is so on a regular basis.

I actually don't mind Thomson.

I like the thing he does when he's about to book someone and they're having a moan-he just shrugs at them then shows the card. As if he's saying "WTF are you moaning at, you've only got yourself to blame."

Yes by some distance, 65 in 15 Premiership games to 45 in 15 for Collum. Both Clancy and Dallas also average highly on yellows per game than Collum.

What are the red card stats? Feels like Collum just bypasses the yellows.

What are the red card stats? Feels like Collum just bypasses the yellows.

Collum has sent off 2 in the Premiership this season 1 at Hamilton v Hearts 29/08 and 1 at Hamilton v Dundee 17/10. That Accies v Hearts game isn't much of a shock given the way back then the Accies players were throwing themselves around and the Hearts players tendency to lose the plot. 8 yellows and 1 sending off in that game.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/willie-collum/profil/schiedsrichter/699

A lot of the problem with Collum is not the stats but what he does and what he doesn't do during a match.

However Craig Thompson who has been the man in the middle for the same amount of games has shown more yellows, more straight reds and awarded more penalties.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-thomson/profil/schiedsrichter/149

All the referees stats in the Premiership this season -

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/schiedsrichter/wettbewerb/SC1

Its a decent site transfermarkt, obviously there are going to be the occasional errors but someone behind it does a shit load of work to keep it up to date.

Archived