Morton v Livi

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"if it wasn't for two excellent goals we wouldn't have gotten 6 points"​

If we had not lost two goals in the 92nd and 93rd minutes we could have had two more points. If our "goal" at Falkirk had not been ruled out for a foul on the keeper that turned out to have been committed by a Falkirk player we might have had more. If one of the 3/4 times we hit the post in the three league games post Rangers had gone in we would have had more points.

Its all football and these are things that happen. First time I have seen the team criticised for scoring "good" goals!

Both teams have just hit a run of form before this game

I know we've not been playing well, I've had the displeasure of being at both wins and if it wasn't for two excellent goals we wouldn't have gotten 6 points.

:blink:

Aren't you the muppet who a couple of weeks ago was shouted down for slagging off a QoS fan who had the cheek to change his mind about something?

Still, great insight from you at the end of your post - if we hadn't scored those goals we wouldn't have won those games. Excellent.

What would we do without you? Buy a hamster, maybe? :P

If we had not lost two goals in the 92nd and 93rd minutes we could have had two more points. If our "goal" at Falkirk had not been ruled out for a foul on the keeper that turned out to have been committed by a Falkirk player we might have had more. If one of the 3/4 times we hit the post in the three league games post Rangers had gone in we would have had more points.

Its all football and these are things that happen. First time I have seen the team criticised for scoring "good" goals!

Who criticised the team for scoring good goals?

Edit never mind just seen the post. It's not the goals so much as generally poor play and inability to defend crosses into the box that worry me. I'm not arguing with the goals.

That's plenty.

:blink:

Aren't you the muppet who a couple of weeks ago was shouted down for slagging off a QoS fan who had the cheek to change his mind about something?

Still, great insight from you at the end of your post - if we hadn't scored those goals we wouldn't have won those games. Excellent.

What would we do without you? Buy a hamster, maybe? :P

Having trouble reading? I didn't change my mind. I've said we haven't been playing well but have won 2 games in a row - you don't need to play well to win. Getting 2 wins in a row for a team that's being playing poorly and is struggling for results is a run of form.

Fully expect us to win this one and be 9 points clear of Livvy, Dumbarton and St Mirren.

Only lost 1 at home this season in the league and that was Rangers.

Livvy have picked up after a poor start but we should still have too much for them.

3-1 Samuel and a Johnstone double.

You knew what I meant though. 2 wins in a row is the most we've mustered all season and we have a good chance of keeping the 'winning form' going this weekend. I know we've not been playing well, I've had the displeasure of being at both wins and if it wasn't for two excellent goals we wouldn't have gotten 6 points. We have Jim Duffy as our manager we're never going to play good football.

I am a stickler for facts and I have to correct your error above.

We defeated QOS on 25th August in League Cup then we beat Alloa and Livingston in our next 2 matches in the League.

So it should read 3 wins in a row.

You know what I mean, 2 wins in a row. I could've said we were playing well but I didn't. Stop being a gimp.

Everyone else knew what you were chaffing about, some Morton fans are fucking arseholes.

Should be winning this game, 442 formation still worries me, getting through games by the skin of our teeth, can't see him changing it! If he's gonna keep it the same at least stick Tidser in the middle, thanks Jim.

In any case, I think we can all agree that our performance needs to improve massively if we're going to get another win. Delighted to win the last two games but they've come along with dreadful performances. I'll take that every week but it's not likely that we'll beat a Livingston team who are turning things round if we play as badly as we did against Alloa.

If we can pick things up and win this then we've got momentum going into Queen of the South at home and St. Mirren away. Get 7-9 points from the next three games and we'll be a comfortable distance clear of the bottom two and can maybe think about having a nice safe mid-table second half of the season, fail to win any of them and we're still deep in the relegation battle with all our rivals having a game in hand. This could be a season defining run of games.

Archived