Morton v Livi

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looooooool! Well, I was annoyed, but you've cheered me up with that.

Two wins for The Franchise in fifteen meetings doesn't lie champ. Especially given that you had four cracks against the worst full-time side in Scottish football history - and conspired to gift them their only away league win of that season instead.

post-11540-14469190539018_thumb.jpg

An Ayr United level of fail from The Franchise. Just let that sink in.

post-11540-14469190539018_thumb.jpg

You'd think that by now - their thirteenth failure against The Famous in fifteen matches - the 'Amber Machine' cretins would take their routine swording without a predictable, tear-stained swipe at the officials, but here we are.

Probably because every time Livi looked like they had a decent chance Charlestown found a way to stop the game. Shocking refereeing from a Livi point of view

Utter rubbish.

The ref made a few mistakes for sure - booking O'Ware looking to be the worst of them - but to say his decisions penalised your lot more than ours is absolute nonsense.

Two wins for The Franchise in fifteen meetings doesn't lie champ. Especially given that you had four cracks against the worst full-time side in Scottish football history - and conspired to gift them their only away league win of that season instead.

attachicon.gif1446918941036.jpg

An Ayr United level of fail from The Franchise. Just let that sink in.

attachicon.gif1446918941036.jpg

I don't get the reference to Ayr United.

I suppose if we wanted to make a real criticism of the referee, we could wonder why he didn't stop the game when the Livingston player was down, and yet decided when we got possession that the injury was suddenly serious enough. Or why the Livi #8 wasn't sent off for a head height studs up challenge.

Terrible performance. Once again very lucky that their player made a stupid challenge. Absolutely awful and massive improvements needed. Pepper and Luca the only ones with pass marks from that shit show.

Hmm.

You'd think three wins in a row would represent more of, ahem, a "run of form" than two wins in a row, but there you go.

Ah, so losing to Morton is the barometer of embarrassing failure...

Makes sense, actually.

Well the barometer is certainly pointing one way given your record of utter bitch-slappings.

Perhaps the fourth Franchise might actually be able to compete with The Famous. Until then, no dice.

Hmm.

You'd think three wins in a row would represent more of, ahem, a "run of form" than two wins in a row, but there you go.

Again, you don't need to play well to win. See today as a great example. I thought you would've understood that the first time. The quality of football we're having to watch at the moment is absolutely shocking, we're just lucky that we had the bottom 3 teams in the league recently and managed to just scrape 3 points in all of them. Let's see if we can pick up 3 points from a team not stuck at the bottom next weekend.

Stunned to find myself being the most positive Morton fan here: I didn't think the performance was bad. A bit disjointed perhaps, but every Morton player gets pass marks and that's the first time we've been able to say that this season. While on a technical level it wasn't a great game, I found it enjoyable to watch as it was a well-balanced game and I was never certain of the result until it was done. Livingston are clearly a better team than Dumbarton and Alloa and that was an improved performance from us even if there's still much more improving to do.

Livingston reminded me of us a lot in possession: when getting the ball down and playing it through midfield you play some very nice stuff, but ultimately you don't really know what you're doing in the final third and every pass in that area is just hoping for the best rather than players having a clear idea of what they want to do. Again like us though, there's too much ineffective hoofing. White is an absolute carthorse of a player, all he can do his back into his man and flick it it on to nobody. Get someone who can play football and make runs alongside Buchanan and you might get somewhere, but he's absolute mince.

For us, amazed to find myself thinking Lee Kilday, at centre back of all places, was our man of the match, solid performance from him. Pepper, Barr and Gasparotto had very good games too.

It's inevitable when Craig Charleston's the referee that everyone on both sides is going to be pissed off at his gross incompetence, but he had no difficult decisions to make. The penalty was an absolute stonewaller and other than that it was his usual display of inventing fouls against both sides where none have taken place while ignoring blatant ones. A Livingston fan blaming him for losing :lol:

The results of the last fifteen matches between the sides now reads:

The Famous - 8 wins

Draws - 5

The Franchise - 2

We'll be sure to collect the next routine three points from our bitches in the New Year.

The Famous :lol:

Have to say I'm not sure I mind bad performances if the wins keep coming. How many games have we played really good football only to lose anyway? I think we will need to raise our game to have a chance of beating qos and St mirren but I would gladly take two more scrappy 1-0 victories

Archived