Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

Currently controlling land doesn't make them a state. It may make them a different type of terrorist organisation (although many other terrorist organisation have controlled and continue to control territory), but it doesn't make them anything like a state. It also doesn't mean that "previous" states no longer exist. They do.

Absolute state of Mr Bairn.

Would you say IS have the same status over the territories they control as Israel do over the West Bank? Or less, more?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They lived with it for the last 50 years. The last independent opinion poll had the Assad regime's popularity at around 50%. Do you think a Sunni regime with Alawite, Christian, Druze and Kurd minorities would do better?

No I don't. it is obviously a really, really bad situation. And there doesnt seem to be a solution. Obviously. All I am saying is that Assad isn't in any way the solution, while Bashar and his father may have ruled for the last 50 years, considering what's happened over the last years, I really doubt those who have fought Assad or had relatives killed will suddenly accept him. Given what's happened the Sunni will terrified of sectarian revenge attacks. In the same the alawite, Christians and Druze will be terrified revenge attacks from the Sunni, should they take there territory. Just a really bad situation overall.

Video on Facebook showing car full of bulletholes. 2 dead terrorists and one captured.

Cant link it but the profile is Thinly Jampa

Isn't that an Elton John song?

Unbelievably, American guy on 5 live (Charlie someone) has just used Mr Bairn's 'State' analogy.

And thus we go back to all americans are as thick as pig shit.

To be a bit more clear though they are a terrorist group and not a state.using the term Islamic State blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims, and Islamists.

We should be calling them Daesh.

Archived