Would you accept an apology...?

Would you accept an apology from The Rangers?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Null vote - this poll is too biased and one-sided against RFC.

Rangers have done nothing wrong as the SPFL knew about RFC using EBT's at the time. I would have voted if there were more options such as 'Rangers should stop being accused of cheating for nothing by people who should focus on their own club instead of RFC'

Can I ask a question to the sporting integrity brigade.

How can a legal tax avoidance scheme, which was declared in the yearly accounts be classed as cheating? Genuine question.

The issue is not whether EBT's were legal or not. It was whether Rangers operated it correctly. They didn't. As such the scheme was illegal.

Was the misuse declared in the accounts?

If it's not illegal, it's legal.

Morally it may be wrong, but not illegal.

If you have passed a test, you are allowed to legally drive a car. To do so at 100MPH on a public road would be illegal. EBT's have nothing to do with Rangers avoiding tax and NI. Did you read the ruling from the CoS? If not, the part that you need to understand is:

[63] For the purposes of the Ramsay principle it is frequently important to determine whether or not the sums paid have been placed at the unreserved disposal of the employee: Aberdeen Asset Management Ltd v HMRC, supra, is an example of such a case. In dealing with the redirection of income, however, it will not normally be relevant whether or not sums are at the employee’s unreserved disposal. The employee chooses to redirect part of the consideration for his employment – emoluments or earnings – to trustees for specified trust purposes. In so doing he obviously hopes that those trustees will apply the funds in the manner that he has requested, in this case in accordance with the letters of wishes. He nevertheless runs the risk that they will not do so. Whatever happens, the sums paid to the trustees were redirected from income, and that is enough to render them liable to income tax in the ordinary way.

Can I ask a question to the sporting integrity brigade.

How can a legal tax avoidance scheme, which was declared in the yearly accounts be classed as cheating? Genuine question.

You got a sporting advantage because you were able to wrongfully save money on tax which allowed you in turn attract a higher quality of player.

If this was Celtic in this position and not Rangers, you'd be able to see it as blindingly obviously as the rest of us.

Shall we talk about a football clubs reason for being expelled ;)

Cheating, breaking and bending the rules, bringing the game into disrepute, playing while insolvent

I would also query the registration after what Chuckies lawyer said the other day, who owns the title deeds by the way ?

:bag

You got a sporting advantage because you were able to wrongfully save money on tax which allowed you in turn attract a higher quality of player.

If this was Celtic in this position and not Rangers, you'd be able to see it as blindingly obviously as the rest of us.

Some jake from Stirling knows better than LNS...

If it was Celtic then II doubt that anyone would be on the faux offended bandwagon.

Romeo, shouldn't there be a balancing poll for we Bears? Something like, "Would you admit your club's guilt and offer a sincere apology as a compromise towards burying the hatchet?" or some such?

Well done in coming up with some means of attempting to bring this saga to a close even if most would reject your suggestion. Most of the title-stripping tossers are too occupied by shouting their hackneyed invectives in a Tourette-like manner to think clearly.

For those who reject Romeos 'truth and reconciliation' approach what alternative mechanism would you suggest and how would it work? Try and focus on the process rather than the outcome which, I know, many of you will find difficult.

An apology would be a start, but not enough.

I'm not in favour of awarding titles to runners-up, VOID is a good enough attachment in the record books for me.

As has been stated many times in this sub-forum before, the real losers here are the fans that paid good money to witness a farce of a competition, highly rigged in favour of cheats. I also don't buy the "EBT's were declared in the accounts, the SPL/SFA were aware......" line of argument either, were the authorities required to pore over the accounts of every team entered into any competition, should they have known how much Arbroath paid for seagull shit removal? I think not.

This whole point is moot, as The Rangers don't do apologies, as they don't do walking away- oh wait, there is hope!

Maybe not.

Rangers knew it was dodgy, which is why they kept the side letters undeclared. Their fears have eventually proven well founded as the Court of Session have ruled that the earnings should have been subject to income tax.

We have a former director confirming it all, we even have Dave King in 2012 discussing how it could be taken as sporting advantage, and we have "Mr Black" in the EBT case confirming it was a policy followed to get a better class of player. It was premeditated. And now it's transpired it was being partly funded by money that should have gone to the government.

And yes this all happened a wee while now but time is no barrier to justice.

What I'd like to know (preferably without any whataboutery) is why anyone thinks they *should* keep the titles they won during that period?

The one thing that pisses me off here is anyone who believes Rangers keeping titles as unfair is immediately smeared as part of a "rhabbid horde". I am no lover of Celtic FC but that's not the point. I just want justice.

No lover of Celtic.

Sits beside magee on the Stirling CSC bus.

Legal tax avoidance system which was noted in the accounts.

No sporting advantage ... LNS.

All players correctly registered ... LNS

No lover of Celtic.

Legal system used incorrectly making it not legal.

Players registered incorrectly, hence 250k fine from LNS.

Sporting advantage - Yes according to the outcome of the appeal which HMRC won.

No lover of Celtic.

Has all the stuff that's happened in the last week just gone sailing over your head?

You're a dangerous mixture of thick, confident, and painfully unfunny. Very much like Magee ironically enough.

Legal system used incorrectly making it not legal.

Players registered incorrectly, hence 250k fine from LNS.

Sporting advantage - Yes according to the outcome of the appeal which HMRC won.

Then that would bevtax evasion which is against the law, best phone the polis moss.

Administrative errors.

LNS was quite clear and the footballing authorities agreed that his decision was final.

Has all the stuff that's happened in the last week just gone sailing over your head?

You're a dangerous mixture of thick, confident, and painfully unfunny. Very much like Magee ironically enough.

No, I think for myself and don't rely on blogs to form my views.

This whole bandwagon is ridiculous, blown out of proportion.

He's your mate.

Archived