Weekend betting 20/11/15 to 22/11/15

Fitba Tips

Is it just me or does Friday night's Renfrewshire derby excite the hell out of everyone?

I am not that big on internationals so I guess the paucity of football available for the last week has me a bit confused.

I am backing Kilmarnock at Celtic Park on Saturday.

Mind you I am backing them +3 goals on the Asian Handicap markets @ 1.74 with McB. That has stake back insurance if they lose by exactly 3 goals.

Also looking at BTTS @ Tynecastle and others.

Goddamn bookies have finally cottoned on to The Perth Saints BTTS machine. That gravy train is over.

Anyway, whats everyone's thoughts on the weekend's best betting opportunities?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to Preston v Blackburn so had a wee dive into the markets on that one. New manager bounce and all that so I've took Rhodes to score a brace at 10s and Blackburn to score 4+ at 28s. Appreciate thats probably the heart ruling the head as Preston havent conceded in 6 but got to be in it to win it...

Rearing the sensible head now I fancy Man Utd to have too much at Watford (10/11). Utd do have some goalscoring problems of their own but havent conceded in their last 5 which includes games against City and Palace therefore I fancy them to edge this one.

Plymouth yet again seem big at 4/5 at home to an Exeter side whos only away win in the last 5 was at lowly Didcot. Plymouth meanwhile have a strong home record and can fully focus on the league now after recent cup exits.

Really like the look of Falkirk at 6/5 away to Queen of the South. QOS have had a poor campaign in relation to previous seasons and got pumped 4-1 by Livingston in their last home outing. Falkirk have been on fire recently and with Baird in form I cant see past them here.

Not as confident as the above 3 but think Shire are overpriced at home to Montrose. Shire won me some coin in their last home match where they were priced 9/2 to beat Queen's Park. A couple of red cards in their last outing but thats nothing compared to the mini crisis Montrose appear to be in with apparently more than half the usual starting 11 injured. This shows in the results aswell with a 6-1 defeat at home to Queen's Park, a cup exit to LTHV and a 3-1 defeat at Clyde in recent weeks.

Going to Preston v Blackburn so had a wee dive into the markets on that one. New manager bounce and all that so I've took Rhodes to score a brace at 10s and Blackburn to score 4+ at 28s. Appreciate thats probably the heart ruling the head as Preston havent conceded in 6 but got to be in it to win it...

Rearing the sensible head now I fancy Man Utd to have too much at Watford (10/11). Utd do have some goalscoring problems of their own but havent conceded in their last 5 which includes games against City and Palace therefore I fancy them to edge this one.

Plymouth yet again seem big at 4/5 at home to an Exeter side whos only away win in the last 5 was at lowly Didcot. Plymouth meanwhile have a strong home record and can fully focus on the league now after recent cup exits.

Really like the look of Falkirk at 6/5 away to Queen of the South. QOS have had a poor campaign in relation to previous seasons and got pumped 4-1 by Livingston in their last home outing. Falkirk have been on fire recently and with Baird in form I cant see past them here.

Not as confident as the above 3 but think Shire are overpriced at home to Montrose. Shire won me some coin in their last home match where they were priced 9/2 to beat Queen's Park. A couple of red cards in their last outing but thats nothing compared to the mini crisis Montrose appear to be in with apparently more than half the usual starting 11 injured. This shows in the results aswell with a 6-1 defeat at home to Queen's Park, a cup exit to LTHV and a 3-1 defeat at Clyde in recent weeks.

Bit of a derby that one which may explain the price.

My thoughts exactly Gall09. Everything is pointing to an away win IMO but to see even 5/4 on laddies shop coupon was a surprise considering lads are the worst when it comes to pricing footie.

Ive just taken them at 13/10 with 365.

Hull

Derby

Millwall

Southend

£10 returns £100

Personally, I think if you are looking at W-D-W, this weekend’s UK card is one of the toughest this season to be find what I would consider fairly confident selections at prices I like to back (I.E. no shorter than 4/5).

Only Hearts at 10/11 at home to Dundee stands out and I am happy to once more support the Jambos again at home to what I see as inferior opposition. Backed Dundee top 6 at 5/2 at the start of the season but after initial promise they haven’t produced much in the way of results of late including twice surrendering leads to 10 men plus look vulnerable defensively which does not bode well going to Tynecastle even with Juanma unavailable.

I cannot see by a favourites line featuring likes of Celtic, Hibs, Rangers and probably Chelsea, Derby and Dunfermline (their game at Coatbridge could be doubtful).

It might be best concentrating on other markets though such as Hibs -1, Man Utd to win to nil or under 2.5 goals in the early English kick off and Newcastle/Leicester BTTS. Also quite fancy BTTS in Brechin v Stenny, Dundee Utd v St Johnstone and Stranraer v Forfar but these aren’t single prices.

St Mirren do look big at nearly 2/1 at home to Morton in the Friday night derby but the form guide suggests this is spot on and perhaps the only way Saints will turn the corner is a managerial change.

Will need to assess and deliberate further as for now my it could be a quiet weekend’s staking for once with just Hearts backed.

I have taken Hibs-1 and like the look of -2 AH @ 2.62 with SJ

Also on Killie +3 AH

James Keatings AGS @ 2.3 with 365 NAP

A couple of low stake FGS Boyata & Lustig @ 25/1. I have to take them because I do them every week if the price is reasonable and of course the time I miss out is when they'll do the business.

Venga is right though, its a quiet one. Just 3 singles for me so far and I am hmmming and hahhhing over Hearts/Dundee BTTS

I like the look of East Stirling at home to Montrose too at a decent price. ES home form is actually no bad and Montrose away are just awful. If their injury crisis maintains that price could drop. included them in a treble with Annan and Ayr at more than 7/1

A goals treble of DundeeU/StJohns(BTTS), Brechin/Stennie(+2.5), Peterhead/Cowd(+2.5) @ just over 3/1

Morton BTTS vs St Mirren

I've been up and down over the last week. Down to last fiver after a few daft bets.

Will give me a few quid for a couple of low key wagers to rebuild my account :)

Morton BTTS vs St Mirren

I've been up and down over the last week. Down to last fiver after a few daft bets.

Will give me a few quid for a couple of low key wagers to rebuild my account :)

I am also on this @ 1.8 with 365. Was hoping to get Forbes FGS @ 20/1 but not to be. He is 16/1 with 365 and 8/1 with 3 or 4 others. Just a tad shy for my liking. He will of course score first now

Sorry to be a w@nk but we won our last home game v Dumbarton. But yeah point stands Falkirk are probably worth a small punt at those odds.

Hearts at home to Dundee at 1.91

Hearts have won 4 on the bounce without conceding a goal. Djoum looks a cracking addition and links the midfield to the attack well. Juanma will be a miss but Hearts have quality in attacking positions to compensate for that I think. Dundee have disappointed this season. In their last 4 they've played sides in 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th and haven't won any of them. Thomson is still out I believe and is a huge miss. Hearts should be closer to 1.75 or 1.80 here for me.

Stake - 4 units

Raith away to Dumbarton at 2.30

Raith have lost their last 3 in the league, but 2 of those were tight defeats to Hibs and Falkirk who are both flying. Take out Rangers/Hibs/Falkirk and they've won 7 of 8 in the league which is a stunning stat. I reckon they'll finish fourth and it's a solid side throughout for the level. Dumbarton won their first 2 games in the league but since then it's 1 win, 1 draw and 9 defeats. Having seen both teams a couple of times there looks to be a gulf in class. Raith could easily be around evens or odds on.

Stake - 3.2 units

Dunfermline away to Albion Rovers at 1.73

Dunfermline have scored a barrowload of goals this season and have won 4 of their last 6 without conceding a goal in that full run. That included a 3-0 win over Rovers. Rovers have surprised people this season but they are taking points from the sides below them. Their last 3 defeats are against Airdrie, Dunfermline and Ayr, who happen to be the top 3 in the league. The game won't be on anyway so I'd imagine I'll get my cash back.

Stake - 4 units

Monchengladbach at home to Hannover at 1.50

The big yin for me. Prior to drawing 0-0 with Ingolstadt in their last outing, Monchengladbach had won 7 in a row domestically. Included in that were a 4-1 pumping of Hertha (one of my favourite teams this season), 2 wins over Schalke (both of which I watched), a 2-0 win over 3rd placed Wolfsburg and a 5-1 demolition of Frankfurt. They've been in good form since they changed manager, basically. Hannover have lost 3 of their last 4, and were very fortunate to beat a poor HSV in the game they won in that stretch. I watched them against Hertha in their last game and they were well beaten 3-1. Hertha just got beasted 4-1 by Monchengladbach as I said earlier. I will be very surprised if Monchengladbach don't win this.

Stake - 7 units

No goalscorer in Ingolstadt vs Darmstadt at 8.00

Wee stakes on a bit of a punt. Ingolstadt have scored 7 and conceded 9 in 12 league games. That's the worst attacking record by a distance and the second best (behind Bayern) defensive record by a distance. Darmstadt play stuffy football and look to hit on the counter. I don't usually bet on over/under goals markets but that's probably worth a look here too.

Stake - 0.4 units

Total stake - 18.6 units

Also there's no logical reason not to back Falkirk but I have a gut feeling not to.

I am never comfortable putting Queens on a line as they have screwed me over so many times!

If you weren't a Falkirk fan I'm guessing you'd have no hesitation putting money on the away win!

Let me help a few of yous out.

Games I've missed this season

Morton 1-1 Falkirk

Ross C 7-0 Falkirk.

Falkirk 3-5 Peterhead

Alloa 1-1 Falkirk

We never win when I miss it.

Oh and I'm not going Saturday.

Given in 3 of those 4 defeats we were favourites, I'd avoid us

Jesus Garcia Tena is 16/1 to score anytime again with bet365 on Sunday. Also 40/1 to score first with the same firm.

I will be on it again, both of them.

I trust I don't need to explain my reasoning here having talked it through last time out v Hearts.

Coral are 15/1 for him to score first! That's how out of touch the bet365 prices are although the Coral price is too short.

Archived