Loki's Film Quiz

Albino Rover

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 11: Always Stuck In Second Gear

For better or worse, Friends used to be the biggest thing on television. Its stars have gone on to do other things, some good, some complete and utter gash.

With five of them having recently reunited and Joey having been named as a new host of Top Gear, in honour of their work here are 10 screenshots of films starring Friends actors. A point for each film you can name.

fhd996SCR_Courteney_Cox_005.jpg

2049.jpg

analyzethis2.jpg

420aptRoss.jpg

qgj4arpcipwoumwim8jf.jpg

103079_028179.jpg

matt-leblanc-charliesangels2000-2.jpg

high-school-reunion.jpg

abc_millers_trailer_130523_wg.jpg

Mad3_character_large_332x363_melman.jpg

Send your answers in a new PM to me by midnight on Friday.

Good luck

Round 11 Answers

1. Scream

(Half a point for Scream 2)

2. Lost In Space

3. Analyze This

4. Apt Pupil

5. Office Space

6. 17 Again

7. Charlie's Angels

8. Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

9. We're The Millers

10. Madagascar

Leaderboard

post-33771-0-02728200-1455323401_thumb.p

The rules:

Answers should be sent in a PM to me

In future quizzes I will be emboldening the word "me", and changing "should" to "must"!

This quiz is meant to be contested in good faith, so I think it would be wrong to punish a mistake made in good faith. As a one-off I will accept KK's answers, but from now on can all users please take great care to send their PMs to the right person?!

Cheers for that, in my defence, I was taking part in a useful social experiment which proved beyond all reasonable doubt that liquid lunches and early finishes obviously don't mix with internet based film quizzes, so be warned!!!

Round 12: Jimmy

Every now and again in this quiz I’ll do a round dedicated to a great movie personality, perhaps on their birthday or death anniversary. This one has no significance- only that the other night I watched Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, which in my opinion is among the best films of all time, and it got me thinking that I should self-indulge and do a round about my favourite actor of all time.

This round is all about the most likeable man in show business, Mr. James Stewart.

fSWD9i6.gif

1. For which film did James Stewart win his Best Actor Academy Award?

2. Which film starring Stewart is set in the town of Bedford Falls?

3. In Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, what was Mr. Smith’s first name?

4. Who directed Stewart in the Best Picture of 1952, The Greatest Show On Earth?

5. Which musician did Stewart play in a 1954 biopic directed by Anthony Mann?

6. Including said biopic, on how many films did Stewart and Mann collaborate?

7. Stewart worked four times with Alfred Hitchcock as his director. What was their first film together?

8. For which 1959 film did Stewart receive the last of his Best Actor Oscar nominations?

9. Late in his career, Stewart appeared as General Sternwood in a remake of Howard Hawks’ The Big Sleep. Who directed the remake?

10. Name any film starring both James Stewart and John Wayne.

Send your answers in a new PM to me by midnight on Friday.

Good luck

A fairly good round for me, albeit with 3 or 4 guesses.

For anyone of a similar age to me - number 10 is available within a triple movie pack from Amazon, for only £6 - haven't seen it for probably 40+ years and recall it was brilliant!

ETA - of course there are more than one answers to 10! The movie I'm referring to appears to show Jimmy killing the title character!

Done, and sent to the right person this time!!!

Good questions that any buff worth his salt should get a fair few off!!!

Here's hoping for a Cary Grant round next!!!

Archived