Do you drink alcohol with your dinner?

Mr Bairn

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the deal with drinking curry with beer? I like to eat really hot curries that leave me having to refresh my pallet after every second or third mouthful. Needs to be with a liquid that actually tastes nice like cola or water. I only like alcohol for getting pished tbh

Beer tastes nice. If you don't like the taste of alcohol why drink it at all?

Matching alcohol with food is a pretty long established pairing. I've been doing it a lot at work recently and I refuse to believe lamb tastes better with coke than it does with a nice red wine.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very rarely drink at home, the exception generally being a glass or two of red wine with my dinner on a Saturday if either me or the missus is cooking.

Will normally have a glass of water with my food, whether eating at home or out.

I would recommend this to accompany a beef/lamb roast or casserole

Faustino-I-Gran-Reserva.jpg

It's pretty popular and easy to find. I've had one from 2000 (nice) and one from 2001 (very nice)

The rest of the bottle is also very enjoyable after you've finished your meal.

What's the deal with drinking curry with beer? I like to eat really hot curries that leave me having to refresh my pallet after every second or third mouthful. Needs to be with a liquid that actually tastes nice like cola or water. I only like alcohol for getting pished tbh

Orange juice with a really hot curry! It helps massively.

Beer tastes nice. If you don't like the taste of alcohol why drink it at all?

Matching alcohol with food is a pretty long established pairing. I've been doing it a lot at work recently and I refuse to believe lamb tastes better with coke than it does with a nice red wine.

To get pished.

Some booze is nice, like fruity ciders, vodka-sodas and some cocktails, but stuff like beer only tastes nice when it's ice cold. I enjoy beer when I'm drinking to get steaming but would never, ever dream of drinking it with a meal.

And wine tastes fucking disgusting.

To get pished.

Some booze is nice, like fruity ciders, vodka-sodas and some cocktails, but stuff like beer only tastes nice when it's ice cold. I enjoy beer when I'm drinking to get steaming but would never, ever dream of drinking it with a meal.

Mods please !

To get pished.

You must have had a sad upbringing.

Archived