Matched Betting

Boostin' Kev

I have done most the beginner sign ups. I cannot for the life of me fathom this spreadsheet used for accumulators. It seems the way to make decent cash is that and horse racing refunds

need to have a look at the spreadsheet myself

im dying to get into the horse racing, need a sat off soon to try it, seems way easy given the offers the likes of corals and 365 offer

Why high odds? Im just getting my head round all this before a plunge in

what do you mean "why high odds" in what bet? the qualifying or the free bet?

if im looking for my own bet using a calculator, if its a qualifying bet i tend to go for odds of 2.0-4.0 as most of the qualifying bets have T&C's that require minimum odds

on the free bets i look for over 4.0 as it maximises your profit, but only if you can cover the original liability on betfair (which can be high at times)

on another note ladbrokes are doing a 10 for 10 to new text betting customers if anyone hasnt seen it, just clocked it tonight, quite easy to set up and use and back/lay bournmouth tomorrow night is a loss of under a pound, gets a free tenner once the first bet is settled, and with the games on wed night theres a good chance of making at least 70-75% of it profit

Don't mean to sound daft, (& I get the concept of using a free bet against a lay at similar odds), but, can you elaborate?

From here,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=325861

5) What is a good return level/percentage? What odds should I be using for SNR?

A good qualifier or SR (stake returned) free bet returns at least 95%, you should aim to not lose more than £1 for a £25 bet. A good stake not returned (SNR) bet will typically return 80%. All the numbers vary on how much time you want to spend comparing odds and how comfortable you are with different markets.

For SNR bets you are recommended to use high odds (7.0 or above) to extract the most of your free bet, high odds can be found on the half-time/full time as well as the correct score markets for football.

320549689_d4fc2dc380.jpg

Don't go too mental with the odds on the free bet. Bookies aren't daft, if you're always doing around 2.0 for the qualifying bet then shooting up to 12.0 for the free bet it'll be obvious what you're doing.

And look after the account!

If you only do offers you will be restricted very quickly

When your doing a mug bet should you lay against it too? Or just do the odd accumulator or something?

Its entirely up you, but in the true spirit of matched betting you would always lay it to minimize loss, personally I do a mix, sometimes lay them, sometimes put on an acca, the choice is yours.

I've got a 7 leg acca on with hills that I'm laying. (I only had £2.22 left in the account so making it look like a mug favourite acca)

It's a practice exercise for me to understand the procedure of acca refunds, without having to have a small fortune in the exchange account.

Looked very complicated, but I think I am fairly happy with it. So much so, I've put a mug double on betfred on the snooker today (I'm doing their century=free bet offer, have picked Neil Robertson). I've got a mug tenner on at a cost of 19p.

Will try and mug a few snooker doubles in to keep the account in order.

When your doing a mug bet should you lay against it too? Or just do the odd accumulator or something?

Always lay anything at a decent stake. It's popular to place 50p/£1 accas without laying as a mug.

Going to have a look at accas this afternoon, will have some free time later. Got quite about 6 games on tonight 3 offer related and 3 mugs.

I've got a 7 leg acca on with hills that I'm laying. (I only had £2.22 left in the account so making it look like a mug favourite acca)

It's a practice exercise for me to understand the procedure of acca refunds, without having to have a small fortune in the exchange account.

Looked very complicated, but I think I am fairly happy with it. So much so, I've put a mug double on betfred on the snooker today (I'm doing their century=free bet offer, have picked Neil Robertson). I've got a mug tenner on at a cost of 19p.

Will try and mug a few snooker doubles in to keep the account in order.

how do you lay an acca? i cant understand it at all yet

how do you lay an acca? i cant understand it at all yet

There's a step by step guide in the forums. Looks daunting but when you work through an example it's ok.

Saying that though my 7 legger is only at the loose change in my Hills account so if I screw it up it's not a disaster. Very much a training exercise for me.

Tried the double at a tenner as there are fewer stages to the laying off procedure.

Main thing is that each leg is played at different times and each leg subsequently laid until you hit a loser.

There's a spreadsheet to work out all your required stakes.

I've just had to lay the second leg of my mug double there as Ronnie scraped by Williams.

The price on betfair has moved in slightly on Selby tonight and this has an effect on your loss. In this case it's good as my mug double has now locked in a whole 2p profit.

I'm assuming not all websites have a sign up offer or is there just some missing from the list? There's probably more but I just noticed McBookie are on the oddsmatcher but not on either of the beginner or advanced offers.

I'm assuming not all websites have a sign up offer or is there just some missing from the list? There's probably more but I just noticed McBookie are on the oddsmatcher but not on either of the beginner or advanced offers.

McBookie's offers are for Scottish residents only so probably not given any attention for offers.

I've done the McBookie offer, £25 matched bet. They use exactly the same set up and odds as Bet Victor by the looks of it. Not on PA as Scottish only, so we'r sorted. :)