Matched Betting

Boostin' Kev

i had man united both on the stan james (bet 20 and get a fiver per goal) offer and on this, cost me a grandtotal of 3.56 and its 60 quid in free bets

smarkets has been fucking playing up though, kept getting disconnected tonight and had to keep logging out and in again, eventually got my man united lay on

just a few goals from brentford tomorrow and maybe a corals reload and it will be a tidy weekend

Trying to get my head around all this before taking the plunge. 

See the double delight hat trick heaven offers, how do you profit from those? For example, Spurs vs Liverpool at the weekend Kane first goal is 9/2. Say I put 20 quid on it. To lay him appears to me, having never placed a lay bet, that if I risk 24 quid I will win 4 quid. 

Also, is it the liability that comes off your balance or the stake amount? I'm probably repeating a question already asked on here but couldn't find it in the first few pages. 

On 18/08/2016 at 22:21, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

365 have offered me another deposit bonus. 50% up to £100 this time I have £100 wagering to finish on the last offer then I'll get on that. 

I only got offered 25% matched. Do Bet365 vary their offers depending on how long you've been with them? I only joined in May.

18 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I only got offered 25% matched. Do Bet365 vary their offers depending on how long you've been with them? I only joined in May.

More how you bet than how long you've been there, I'd guess. I use them if I ever want to do a muggy coupon or daft punt, and as a result I get lots of free bet and deposit bonus offers.

If I bet with them on the way I do on the exchanges (large bets at what I think are good prices) I doubt I'd get anything other than limited.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, ParT said:

Trying to get my head around all this before taking the plunge. 

See the double delight hat trick heaven offers, how do you profit from those? For example, Spurs vs Liverpool at the weekend Kane first goal is 9/2. Say I put 20 quid on it. To lay him appears to me, having never placed a lay bet, that if I risk 24 quid I will win 4 quid. 

Also, is it the liability that comes off your balance or the stake amount? I'm probably repeating a question already asked on here but couldn't find it in the first few pages. 

DD/HH offers will be done like this (I'm making up the odds as I dont have access to them right now)

Harry Kane is 9/2 (5.5 in decimal odds - if you are match betting you will be using decimal odds all the time).  Place a bet on that for £20

Now Harry Kane can be layed on betfair at 5.9.  So you would lay him for 18.80. You are laying at a bigger price than you are backing, so of course you are losing a small amount, known in the match betting game as a "qualifying loss"  In this case it's £2.12 *

So HK doesn't score first, net result -£2.12.  Your exchange lay has won, your bookie bet has lost

HK Scores first, but only scores one goal net result -£2.12.  Your exchange lay has lost, your bookie bet has won

HK Scores first, and scores another later in the game.  You win a bonus £90 from the offer, So a total profit of £87.88

HK scoref first and get the hat trick - You win a bonus £180.  Total profit it £177.88

* Use this calculator to work out lays stakes

http://www.trickybet.net/lay-calculator-basic

Excellent guide. Thanks for taking the time to show that. I take it the lay odds get closer to a match as we near kick off? Kane started off at 8.2 and is now down to 7 on betfair. Would you expect this to come down further? If so, would you always wait til as late as possible to do the lay part of the bet? 

Are there any other offers that can be done in shop rather than online? I work in town so there are loads of bookies round about me every day of the week. 

If I could earn £200/month from matched betting I'd be over the moon. 

First goalscorer close matches are really hit and miss, particularly with the DDHH offer as Betfred tend to have poorer odds than both William Hill (they have an offer, if you bet the first goalscorer, but he scores second you get a refund) and Paddy (they occasionally do a special where if your player doesn't score first but scores anytime you get a refund).

The money tends to come in to the market late on, so you will likely get your match in the hour leading up to kick off, which doesn't give you much time if you haveto then go to the shop to place the bet, and you will have to look out for the prices coming in.

The golden rule for me is never take more than a 10% qualifying loss on the stake.

As for in store offers, I'm really not sure. Havent been in a bookies in a long time.I think ladbrokes do a card (a grid card?  someone will confirm) and I'm sure I've read about people getting in store offers on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Backed Muthmir at 4.0 in the 3pm at Doncaster (£30 with free £30 bet if it loses).

Laid it at 4.1 at Betfair - £22.22 stake for a liability of £68.88.

If it wins, I make £90 from the bookie and lose £68.88 from Betfair.

If it loses, I lose £30 at the bookies (but get the free bet) and win £21.11 after Betfair's commission.

Am I right?

If the horse loses, I just do the same thing with the free bet until I win at the exchange (so I don't need to complete the ridiculous turnover to withdraw winnings from the free bet)?

9 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Backed Muthmir at 4.0 in the 3pm at Doncaster (£30 with free £30 bet if it loses).

If it loses, I lose £30 at the bookies (but get the free bet) and win £21.11 after Betfair's commission.

Am I right?

If the horse loses, I just do the same thing with the free bet until I win at the exchange (so I don't need to complete the ridiculous turnover to withdraw winnings from the free bet)?

Looks right to me

On 07/09/2016 at 14:26, EvilScotsman said:

Am I right?

thats a hell of a qualifying loss though, but money is money i suppose

2 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Is it?

Maybe I didn't explain it right. N/R anyway - made £20 odd from that sign up though. Can't believe I've not done this before!

I'll admit i dont do horse racing much, but a qualifying loss of over 8 quid seems high to me for a 30 quid bet, try keep them lower, for sign up offers the best thing to use them on is football i feel as you can search good matches and reduce your qualifying loss so more of the free bet is pure profit

On 9/10/2016 at 23:52, 54_and_counting said:

I'll admit i dont do horse racing much, but a qualifying loss of over 8 quid seems high to me for a 30 quid bet, try keep them lower, for sign up offers the best thing to use them on is football i feel as you can search good matches and reduce your qualifying loss so more of the free bet is pure profit

I would say thats a big qualifying loss too.

I only really do the horse offers at the bigger festivals.  Correct scores can be good for turning over a free bet, or an accumulator if you know how to lay it off sequentially

On 07/09/2016 at 14:26, EvilScotsman said:

Am I right?

That qualifying loss looks very big given the relatively narrow spread in odds (4.0 and 4.1). Are you sure you got your calculations right? I use the calculator on here:  http://matchedbettingblog.com/matched-betting-calculator/

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

That qualifying loss looks very big given the relatively narrow spread in odds (4.0 and 4.1). Are you sure you got your calculations right? I use the calculator on here:  http://matchedbettingblog.com/matched-betting-calculator/

On 10/09/2016 at 23:52, 54_and_counting said:

On 12/09/2016 at 09:45, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I would say thats a big qualifying loss too.

I only really do the horse offers at the bigger festivals.  Correct scores can be good for turning over a free bet, or an accumulator if you know how to lay it off sequentially

I think you're all correct. It was a N/R anyway.

I think I've got the hang of it now, I've run through the sign up offers on the bookies I didn't already have accounts with - sadly that was quite a few of the bigger ones!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

Anyone here still with PA?

Ditched them a while back when I realised their subs were significantly more expensive than their competition.

Got an OddsMonkey sign up for £15 a month, it includes their acca software too.  Fantastic tools, night and day to PA's spreadsheets.

oddsmonkey is great, because i was with them ages ago mines is still 8 quid a month